Sponsored

Dash Cam install

Hellman109

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost Convertible (See my garage)
Vehicle Showcase
Hi,

Anyone have any tips on hard wiring a dash cam in the 'vert? I have an Aussie (RHD/Euro spec) however I doubt its any different to the LHD as the fuse panel is still in the right hand footwell, I just have to work around the pedals.

I had a go at it last night, and the issue I hit was getting it from the top corner of the windshield down to the side panels to get the cables in to the fuse panel.

Basically most of the top of the windshield right to the bottom of the A pillar is one solid section of plastic, unlike the fast back which has a seam at the top of the A pillar, so I can get the cable across the top of the windshield to the top of the A pillar then I'm stuck on how to get it down the A Pillar basically.

There is one seam but when I tried the get the cable through that the seam didnt sit flat again, maybe I just need to push the cable in further but at atleast one point it felt like it was being blocked by a clip I couldnt easily unclip.

Any tips? The only way I can see to do it well is to take out the sun visor and that entire panel, run the cable then re-install it all, but that seems like a fairly hefty job.
Sponsored

Mr. G

Ira
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2016 ecoboost premium convertible oxford white

bee bop

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 GT Vert, 2016 GT Vert
you will need to drop the Visor then you will be able to separate the panel at the corner enough to run the cable through. The A pillar on the Verts extend in to the header panel you will see the seam about an inch inside the mount for the visor.

OP
OP
Hellman109

Hellman109

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost Convertible (See my garage)
Vehicle Showcase
Removing the sun visor did the trick, once that was out I could then pop the rest of the panel clips out in that section and get the cable behind them.

Then I found out I bought the wrong fuse taps, grrr, but now its cabled under the floor mat instead of dropping down the passenger side A pillar and through the glovebox so its basically hidden for now, and the work I put in to get the cable down to the fuse box wasn't for nothing!

Ill order the right fuse taps and try again probably next weekend or maybe a week night as I've gotten most of the work done!
Sponsored