Sponsored

Washing Tips - Hard Water

Souldriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 - Guard GT Prem. PP
^^^You are absolutely right...it's a mesh and that's it...that's only debris. You need to filter out much finer particulates that cause the spotting. Hence why I posted what I did. The cartridge I have is re-chargeable for lack of a better term. The medium inside the filter is a resin that grabs the stuff causing hard water. The re-charge happens by putting in a bath of salt tablets that are used in big softwater tanks. So after every use, I throw it in that bath till next use. After several uses, I replace the resin inside the filter cartridge. I also use the sheeting method for final rinse and also leaf blower then waffle weave/mf.
Do you know/have a link to the one you have?
Sponsored

5.0_SD

Village Idiot/Biermeister
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
17 GT Base Lightning Blue
I will try and find it when I get home from work...autogeek, autoality, and others have them but more pricey there...I'll see what I can find.

Edit: I couldn't find my receipt for the canister or filter :(, sorry

Last edited:

SVT-DADDY

World's heaviest S550
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Convertible
Vehicle Showcase
Use a little Hydro2 or ONR while you are drying the panel

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT
The spot is not any solids in the water but rather mineral desolved in the water.
As the water dry, the mineral starts to crystallize on the surface of the paint.
That's why I said keep the paint wet and dry with a towel asap before water evaporates.
If you live in an area with hard water, don't blow dry because that will encourage mineral depositing on the paint.

5.0_SD

Village Idiot/Biermeister
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
17 GT Base Lightning Blue
^^^Agree, when I use the leaf blower it's only to get the water out of grooves and crevices...I will dry with a waffle weave as much as possible, then leaf blower, then wipe up the remaining.