Sponsored

All NEW: OPT7 S550 Full LED DRL/Turn Signal with Sequential and Switchback.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MustangFan27

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Black PP
Describes my situation perfectly. How long ago was this? What options does your car have? I have the package with the adaptive cruise.

I'm a bit disappointed in the OPT7 customer service to this point. I did a chat session yesterday with them around 4EST. I wanted to confirm what to do with the marker lights. Ended up finding the info on my own. The chat session guy said he would need to check with the engineers and email me in an hour. Still haven't heard anything. Once if figured out the lights were not working around 5 EST I tried another chat session, but it only emailed them. They are supposed to be open until 630 PST. I'm still waiting. Could not find a phone number either. I had high hopes...I hope it can be resolved with a working solution, as I really like the lights.

I had exactly the same thing happen. I changed mine on a Thursday and then went to reserve duty the next day to find out they didn't work. Fortunately my mirror lights still flashed appropriately, but that could've presented a problem. I spoke with 2 people from Opt7 and was happy at first, but now not so much.

I am willing to give them a chance as I quickly ordered them after seeing the original post. Fit and finish, they are fantastic!! They really give the car an upscale look in the front that makes me smile and want to see them light up when I approach the car. Are they the same color as the tri-bar? Not exactly, but not so far off to be a nuisance. That was my worry. They are nice and bright.

My problem comes in here: Opt7 wants me to pull the lights back off my car, send them in and then wait for them to send the replacements. Considering I dropped the (almost $200) when these were still new, I was expecting them to send me the new ones they claim work and I resend them the broken ones. I do not wish to jack my car up twice to have to solve this problem when it can be done in one swap. The fact that I cannot pick up the phone and call doesn't sit well with me, but they are very responsive to this board and e-mails sent so +1 for that.

Opt7: For faithful customers that want to tout your lights and brag about them (already have), you should think about making concessions to keep us happy. You have a great product, but it's not so great when it doesn't work 100% as intended. Please look into this.
Sponsored

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT
I'm still trying to figure out what options on your car are making this happen. Do you have any optional features on your car like adaptive cruise or blindspot monitoring or anything?

pjk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 WW 50th Anniv LE, '68 Merc Cougar, '17 GT350R
I tried two sets of these and both had the same issue. If the symptoms are the same, they don't work with engine on and headlights off, I doubt a replacement set will fix the issue. At least in my case, I tried two sets and both had the same issue.

MustangFan27

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Black PP
I'm still trying to figure out what options on your car are making this happen. Do you have any optional features on your car like adaptive cruise or blindspot monitoring or anything?
I believe it is in the wiring. I noticed when I installed the first set that the box on the back of them gets extremely hot quickly.

I have been driving, turned the lights on and back off, and they worked fine. They need more testing, but they really do look amazing.

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT

I believe it is in the wiring. I noticed when I installed the first set that the box on the back of them gets extremely hot quickly.

I have been driving, turned the lights on and back off, and they worked fine. They need more testing, but they really do look amazing.
I haven't had any issues out of mine. They work with lights on and lights off. The hot box on the back of the lights is probably just a resistor so it doesn't hyper flash.

Sponsored

Glenn G

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
15 DIB 6MT base Ecoboost
Mine started acting up too.

Last edited:

Big P91

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang EB P RR
Has anyone made an install video for these?

Jeepwx03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68 Mustang, 15 Mustang GT PP, 13 F150 FX4

pjk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Finally got mine installed and working. 3rd set worked after OPT7 fixed issue with 2015 Mustang's.

I did not pull bumper or remove wheel. Third time and I was a little tired of doing this. I did scratch my bumper pulling the original unit out. My own fault. If you do not remove wheel or bumper, be sure to tape off or cover front bumper to prevent scratching.

Here's the final result:

I love the look of these. It's a great relatively easy mod.

Mike K.

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GTPP
Finally got mine installed and working. 3rd set worked after OPT7 fixed issue with 2015 Mustang's.

I did not pull bumper or remove wheel. Third time and I was a little tired of doing this. I did scratch my bumper pulling the original unit out. My own fault. If you do not remove wheel or bumper, be sure to tape off or cover front bumper to prevent scratching.

Here's the final result:

I love the look of these. It's a great relatively easy mod.
Was just about to pull the trigger on these what did they say was the fix for the 2015's ? And was it only an issue for the 2015's ?

Sponsored

pjk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
This is what I got directly from Opt7.
"It was how the headlights and other lighting applications were wired. When the low draw LED solution was added it caused electrical resistance issues. We have added a finely tuned resistor to solve that issue and the 2015 Ford Mustang is fully compatible."

It sounds like it may have impacted more than the 2015's but it's hard to tell. This is all they shared. I'm very happy with the final product.

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT
I am still really confused why mine and others are working fine and you had issues.

pjk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm not the only one that had this issue. It seems isolated to 2015s that are susceptible to this issue. Something must have changed between the 2015 and 2016 model year. I have not seen anyone with other years that had issues.

The OPT7 change made the issue go away so I'm a happy camper.

OP
OP
opt7lighting

opt7lighting

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.opt-7.com
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
2015 Fix Update and Explanation

Hi Everyone! Some 2015s did experience an issue with flickering and fast signaling. We developed an inline resistor that fixed this, and is also fine with 2016 and 2017s. If anyone is experiencing issues with their Arrow Signals, please let us know so we can send you a new set, or we can send the resistors, so you do not have to remove the bumper.

You can reach us directly - email [email protected]

Status
Not open for further replies.