Pet Peeves When Out and About in the GT350

Wriggly

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 Porsche 718 GTS
Here in the Midwest at this time of year the farmers are harvesting their crops. Schmucks come out of the fields with their monster tires all loaded up with mud, leaving huge clumps all over the roads. A few days ago I was out joy riding and came over a rise in the road and blam, mud clumps the size of a mans head all over both lanes. No one behind me so I nail the brakes and stop short. The friendly farmer is sitting on the side of the road staring at me as a I did a quick three point turn to go back the way I came. I just shook my head at the guy as I spun the tires leaving.

Another one that fries my ass, folks that run their mowers along the roadway discharging the grass and whatever crap people throw out of their cars along the right of way. Sucks after just doing a detail and you drive through the clippings covering the sides and back of the car. It's illegal to do this, but the police do not bother with enforcement.

20 years ago a friend riding his motorcycle had his right eye blinded permanently from flying glass from a beer bottle that shattered when a homeowner was cutting grass along the roadway with the discharge into the roadway.

These are a couple of Pet Peeves that bug me when driving the Shelby.
Sponsored

Sponsored

FP350S

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robear
Vehicle(s)
16 TY GT350
Rock trucks are the skurge of Texas highways and country roads.

v-man

Still Plays With Cars
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt 350 LB Black stripe
no farms no food

Here in the Midwest at this time of year the farmers are harvesting their crops. Schmucks come out of the fields with their monster tires all loaded up with mud, leaving huge clumps all over the roads. A few days ago I was out joy riding and came over a rise in the road and blam, mud clumps the size of a mans head all over both lanes. No one behind me so I nail the brakes and stop short. The friendly farmer is sitting on the side of the road staring at me as a I did a quick three point turn to go back the way I came. I just shook my head at the guy as I spun the tires leaving.

Another one that fries my ass, folks that run their mowers along the roadway discharging the grass and whatever crap people throw out of their cars along the right of way. Sucks after just doing a detail and you drive through the clippings covering the sides and back of the car. It's illegal to do this, but the police do not bother with enforcement.

20 years ago a friend riding his motorcycle had his right eye blinded permanently from flying glass from a beer bottle that shattered when a homeowner was cutting grass along the roadway with the discharge into the roadway.

These are a couple of Pet Peeves that bug me when driving the Shelby.
wriggly NO FARMS NO FOOD! as a farmer lighten up Americans are blessed with the cheapest safest over abundant of food products in the world!!! There are less than 2% of us producing much of the food you eat before WW2 it was 90% sorry for the lecture however I am totally in agreement with people cutting there lawn with the chute facing the road now them fighting word to this old iron pusher

jpindustrie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a Ford Mustang
o jeez../

just the usual mustang stuff ... everybody trying to race... other much more expensive sports cars not giving the car the respect it deserves ...

it helps if you’re used to this stuff before getting into a gt350

SVTinAR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350, 2003 Lightning & ERA FE Cobra
If running errands, having to plan my route to avoid neighborhood streets with speed bumps and parking lot entrances with grade changes and curbed entrances. Driving to work with a clean car and sprinkler systems are still running and watering out into the street.

Sponsored

MrCincinnati

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
o jeez../

just the usual mustang stuff ... everybody trying to race... other much more expensive sports cars not giving the car the respect it deserves ...

it helps if you’re used to this stuff before getting into a gt350
A lot of times when I come across a lux sports car they stare as we pass. Sometimes they want to run, but I never feel like they’re taking me lightly. Supercharged trucks, on the otherhand, annoying af.

OP
OP
Wriggly

Wriggly

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 Porsche 718 GTS
wriggly NO FARMS NO FOOD! as a farmer lighten up Americans are blessed with the cheapest safest over abundant of food products in the world!!! There are less than 2% of us producing much of the food you eat before WW2 it was 90% sorry for the lecture however I am totally in agreement with people cutting there lawn with the chute facing the road now them fighting word to this old iron pusher
Well, excuse me. I hate to break it to you but I come from a family of farmers. In fact I sold over 800 acres in 2014 that was in the family since the 1880's.

Give me a break about feeding the world. Most farmers active these days are the youngsters that inherited the land from their parents and grandparents. Illinois grows corn and beans and the corn is exported to Mexico in large part or for the production of gasohol. The fallacy of gasohol reducing greenhouse gases is BS and there have been tremendous expenses passed on to the automotive public because of the crap. It does absolutely nothing to reduce pollution and is very damaging to all internal combustion engines and fuel systems.

Farm equipment driving on roads straddling the shoulders cause asphalt edging to break prematurely. Cars and truck wheels do not run along the pavement edges like farm equipment. You farmers have been subsidized for far too long. It needs to stop. With crop insurance, farmers do not have to worry about losses like in the old days.
Most of our food comes from Mexico and China these days. American farmers have been on easy street reaping the profits of the gasohol scam. I can go on and on about it, but I'll stop.

Last thing I'll say, is I hope Trump ends the subsidies. I'm tired of paying inflated taxes to subsidize all the millionaire farmers while you guys hardly pay any.

As for cutting grass with the chute to the road, it's against the law. You just bragged about being a law breaker on a public forum. :paddle:

FP350S

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robear
Vehicle(s)
16 TY GT350
Well, excuse me. I hate to break it to you but I come from a family of farmers. In fact I sold over 800 acres in 2014 that was in the family since the 1880's.

As for cutting grass with the chute to the road, it's against the law. You just bragged about being a law breaker on a public forum. :paddle:
I really think he was siding with you on the lawn mowing thing. JAT

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
Agree, why can’t they take their equipment and run it in the ditch a bit so the mud flys of there instead of right in the middle of the road. And as for farmers feeding America, yeah, that’s why we all have leaky gut. All the crap hybrid genetically modified corn fed to animals that need antibiotics just to keep them alive...and then we eat it. I wouldn’t really call it feeding, I’d call it killing. There are a few organic farms that are doing it right... they should all be that way.
But I realize someone said we needed to feed the world back in the 70s... so we do...
I guess it’s better than what some of those 3rd world nations get to eat. But honestly, the bugs are probably better for them.

oldbmwfan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
In Chicagoland, speed bumps are the major one. I made it through a year without encountering any, but at this point I think I've driven over 3 or 4. The R is guaranteed to scrape on every single one.
Sponsored