Sponsored

2019 GT500 Mustang New Spy Video, Pics, Info

GT500TT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche turbo
At this point it would not surprise me one bit if the Auto shows come and go and we don't know a damn thing again. I hope its not the case. It is hard to believe we are almost a year removed from last years LA show and still absolutely nothing is known! Would be crazy if the ME corvette would break cover and come out before the GT500!
Sponsored

ttime500

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Corvette Z06
At this point it would not surprise me one bit if the Auto shows come and go and we don't know a damn thing again. I hope its not the case. It is hard to believe we are almost a year removed from last years LA show and still absolutely nothing is known! Would be crazy if the ME corvette would break cover and come out before the GT500!
The ME vette will be a Detroit show, it's the largest auto show in North America but the question is 2018 or 2019. I hope the gt500 is shown in LA this year, that'd be nice to finally see it.

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
I have a good feeling its going to be seen at the LA auto show. More time in the spotlight before it is built in early summer 2018.
It wont be wise (IMO) to have it debut with the mid engine vette. Im thinking the vette will start in the low 90s which will probably be only 10k more than a loaded GT500.
Ill be getting the GT500 next Summer. Then if i really like the vette and the GT500, not so much, ill trade it in on the vette, waiting a little while for the vette to get the kinks worked out.

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
From what I've read from someone that owns the new Ford GT and is in "the know", that if it's anything that he's heard, it's going to be a monster!

Sponsored

Darkane

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Base
From what I've read from someone that owns the new Ford GT and is in "the know", that if it's anything that he's heard, it's going to be a monster!
So 700hp plus for sure.

For something to be a monster all it takes is HP. I’m still on the fence if the whole “package” will show up.

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
it will have HP but basically everything a 350 has and more. The other insider said it would best a zl1 l1e on the track too ( in other words, but not sure how that was known), so it won’t just be hp.

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
it will have HP but basically everything a 350 has and more. The other insider said it would best a zl1 l1e on the track too ( in other words, but not sure how that was known), so it won’t just be hp.
I heard very similar. That it will be as good, if not better, than the ZL1-1LE.
I'm pretty sure the new GT500 is going to be a beast.
Just get ready to pay some big ADM's. I bet 90% or more of them will be marked up out of control. ("IF" you can even get your hands on one.)

svttim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
Well then why didn't he just say that? HAHAHA!

I would be pleased with a VooDoo anything but I have come to grips with the VooDoo being dead with the GT350 unfortunately.
Accordingly Mark Schaller in a Q&A at a recent event, the VODOO is exclusive to the 350

Sl13cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 GT500
Accordingly Mark Schaller in a Q&A at a recent event, the VODOO is exclusive to the 350
Could be.

And you take the FPC out of that thing .... not a 'voodoo' any more.

Look at Ford's GT4 car now ..... 5.2L with a CPC.

We may just see some version of that - hopped up on super or turbo.

Sponsored

MikeyV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 GT Premium - Brembo - Race Red
They'd be crazy not to use the 5.2 block..unless it's got issues with boost (I mean factory reliability issues, we've seen boosted Voodoos before).

buster1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mustang
I heard very similar. That it will be as good, if not better, than the ZL1-1LE.
I'm pretty sure the new GT500 is going to be a beast.
Just get ready to pay some big ADM's. I bet 90% or more of them will be marked up out of control. ("IF" you can even get your hands on one.)
One needs to first ask what is the ceiling price for a Mustang? Then lookat the actual pricing of the car. Ford dealers are by far the absolute worst at this customer alienating and infuriating mark-up crap. Ford learned its lesson with the GT500 back in 2007 when they kept the car "affordable" only to have a large percentage of their grease ball retailers re-price the cars with their idiotic "market adjustments". These so called market adjustments or ADMs are nothing more than a sucker tax.

It is looking as if the '19 GT500 will be priced around 70 large leaving very little room for mark ups as it is already out of the financial reach of 99% of the Mustang enthusiast world. The GT500 does not have an audience comparable to that of the 911 GT3 and the like where stratospheric prices are routinely paid by a rabid following.

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
One needs to first ask what is the ceiling price for a Mustang? Then lookat the actual pricing of the car. Ford dealers are by far the absolute worst at this customer alienating and infuriating mark-up crap. Ford learned its lesson with the GT500 back in 2007 when they kept the car "affordable" only to have a large percentage of their grease ball retailers re-price the cars with their idiotic "market adjustments". These so called market adjustments or ADMs are nothing more than a sucker tax.
It is looking as if the '19 GT500 will be priced around 70 large leaving very little room for mark ups as it is already out of the financial reach of 99% of the Mustang enthusiast world. The GT500 does not have an audience comparable to that of the 911 GT3 and the like where stratospheric prices are routinely paid by a rabid following.
I agree, but all you have to do is look at the current GT350R cars. Have you seen the asking prices for those cars?!? Imagine when the GT500 hits the dealerships' floors. :eyebulge::headbonk: :crazy:

buster1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mustang
I agree, but all you have to do is look at the current GT350R cars. Have you seen the asking prices for those cars?!? Imagine when the GT500 hits the dealerships' floors. :eyebulge::headbonk: :crazy:
I have seen the askings on those,crazy for sure.

ttime500

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Corvette Z06
I have seen the askings on those,crazy for sure.
It's pretty crazy, and very unfortunate as many won't willingly pay the dealer markups, and I am one of those. Hell my 2017 EXPLORER sport was originally marked up $7500!! I couldn't believe it but it was right there on the window sticker. It sat on the lot long enough that I got it for about 10K under msrp.
Sponsored