Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
I know, but it gives Ford an excuse. ;)

Hopefully all will have PS4's, car will review better with the press for having Michelin rubber on compared to Pirelli.
You and me both, even if it doesn't, it wont affect me unless a used one comes up for peanuts in cash or im given one for free ;)! I'll just buy the 275's and go square on my 19x10 alloys :D!
Sponsored

willisit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Monaro, DeLorean, Viva, S5, 600F
If that bottom grille looked like stock base spec US one it'd flow so much better... then body colour everything to the extra "fins" but on it.

[MENTION=13598]Gibbo205[/MENTION] the front GT tyres are the same as the square setup EB tyres. :thumbsup: (255s)
I read, again recently, that the bottom grill was "open" and then they added some tape to it (i.e blocked it up) and noticed the car handled better at speed. So, it gets blocked up.

Gaffa tape ftw :p

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UK 2015 Mustang & BMW E46 M3
I read, again recently, that the bottom grill was "open" and then they added some tape to it (i.e blocked it up) and noticed the car handled better at speed. So, it gets blocked up.

Gaffa tape ftw :p

I said this a year ago, the reason we got different from lower grills was due to high speed cruising, more air under the hood means more lift and hood wobble and we have no vents to exit the air.

So you either reduce air going under the hood within whats possible before engine gets too hot or you give that air some way to escape (vents), but ideally positioned further back to aid in down force.

I suspect Ford realised in Europe (Germany particular) our cruising speeds are far higher than US, UK most people cruise at 80-90mph, in Germany its 100+ hence more front-end downforce and less hood wobble please.

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
I said this a year ago, the reason we got different from lower grills was due to high speed cruising, more air under the hood means more lift and hood wobble and we have no vents to exit the air.

So you either reduce air going under the hood within whats possible before engine gets too hot or you give that air some way to escape (vents), but ideally positioned further back to aid in down force.

I suspect Ford realised in Europe (Germany particular) our cruising speeds are far higher than US, UK most people cruise at 80-90mph, in Germany its 100+ hence more front-end downforce and less hood wobble please.
I have vents, I have hood struts, i have a opened lower GT grille... I still wobble at speeds, not as much since i've pinched the hood in, but it still wobbled before that.

avocet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
I got a call today there will be no further details from Ford UK and I'm guessing we won't know anymore untill next year.
I can still order with a deposit though :kickrock:

Sponsored

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UK 2015 Mustang & BMW E46 M3
WOW!

[ame]

WOW!!!!!

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
WOW!

WOW!!!!!
WOW! he said it's an ecoboost..... with 310 bhp (even though they bought the figure down on list to 280 (More reasonable baseline) also to meet european sales standards etc)

Surprisingly, it doesn't look that bad, it's growing on me, not enough to say it looks nicer than the stock 550.1, but as always, it has potential, and i look forward to seeing what the UK(Exprt)/US guys have in store for it

SteveS

...Bon Scott Land...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic

stiggy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 V8 Manual Fastback, DIB
WOW!

WOW!!!!!
I see bonnet fit to the front end is still as good as ever ;)

I like this video, because I confirms that I prefer the look of the current gen!

Then again, I said that about the S550 when I had an S197, so fully prepared to do a u-turn on that :doh:

:thumbsup:

Flamesey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY19 Fastback V8 5.0 Race Red White Stripes Custom Pack 2 Magneride Spoiler Ebony
I got a call today there will be no further details from Ford UK and I'm guessing we won't know anymore untill next year.
I can still order with a deposit though :kickrock:
What no UK pricing, final spec or configurator until next year? :frusty::doh:

Sponsored

avocet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
It looks that way, I'm guessing getting the 17's sold is more important

Flamesey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY19 Fastback V8 5.0 Race Red White Stripes Custom Pack 2 Magneride Spoiler Ebony
:hitcomputer::frusty:

Iron Duke

Iron Duke
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
I guess they are not getting sold very quickly, Car Wow talks about discounts of a new one around £1798.00, I haven't looked at other car discount sites to see if there are other offers, makes sense for Ford not to release 2018 prices yet until most of the 2017's have gone.

McDoodle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A grey car
I guess they are not getting sold very quickly, Car Wow talks about discounts of a new one around £1798.00, I haven't looked at other car discount sites to see if there are other offers, makes sense for Ford not to release 2018 prices yet until most of the 2017's have gone.
Yep, I think you're right. But Ford have kind of shot themselves in the foot a bit with this. With the MY15 (and it looks like a similar thing is going to happen again with the MY18) they were the best part of 12 months behind the US with the availability of RHD cars. This effectively reduces the 3 year model run to 2 years. Hence the situation we have now, where folks know a new (and technically much better) car is on the way. Why would you buy a car that is about to be replaced unless you had a pretty huge discount? OK, the MY18 price may go up by £10k but hardly anyone arrives at the dealer with the entire purchase price stuffed into a duffel bag. Most will be bought on some kind of lease deal so the 'real' price difference will be about £1k or so on the deposit and £100 a month. So would it be MY17 or wait for a car with 40-odd more horsepower, more options and lots of technical upgrades? To me that's a bit of a no brainer.

Iron Duke

Iron Duke
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Yep, I think you're right. But Ford have kind of shot themselves in the foot a bit with this. With the MY15 (and it looks like a similar thing is going to happen again with the MY18) they were the best part of 12 months behind the US with the availability of RHD cars. This effectively reduces the 3 year model run to 2 years. Hence the situation we have now, where folks know a new (and technically much better) car is on the way. Why would you buy a car that is about to be replaced unless you had a pretty huge discount? OK, the MY18 price may go up by £10k but hardly anyone arrives at the dealer with the entire purchase price stuffed into a duffel bag. Most will be bought on some kind of lease deal so the 'real' price difference will be about £1k or so on the deposit and £100 a month. So would it be MY17 or wait for a car with 40-odd more horsepower, more options and lots of technical upgrades? To me that's a bit of a no brainer.
Yes, I think discounts will get bigger, which unfortunately will hit the residual values of existing owners, but won't bother the "Keepers". Also for some new inexperienced rear wheel drivers Autumn / Winter might put them off buying a new one, so potential new buyers to the Mustang model may be few at this time of year. My plan at the moment is to buy the 2018, however I tend to agree as you suggest, a 2 year model run may put some buyers off, so then I should wait for the next one! Ford really need to look after us existing owners as they may run out of new customers, in which case Ford wouldn't make anymore Right Hand Drives so I should keep what I got as it might gain in value and become a "Keeper" !
Sponsored