Sponsored

Tires for Canadian weather?

Monopoly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2012 Civic Si
First off, I am not a fan of PZero summers.
I drive somewhat agressive a few hard launches here and there. So far i have 5500kms on my PZeros and they are already at 5/32 lol. Anything lower than 18deg and these just spin like crazy. No track or dragstrip street use only. Mostly back roads.

I'm debating next season since these will be gone switching to Ultra high performance allseasons or getting another set of summers? Esp since i have to leave for work at 6:30am some mornings are pretty damn cold here.

What tires did you guys switch to after your Pirellis wore out?

I have PP rims and tires currently on my base GT.
Sponsored

smann

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
I got mickey thompsons et s/s for the back, and mickey thompson street comp for the front.. They hook like you're on rails, and my car is 670whp. I used to spin STOCK with pzeros in 2nd.

I leave early in the morning too.. around 645 ish but as long as its not super cold (closer to 0 degrees), you'll be good.

OP
OP
Monopoly

Monopoly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ooo thats a really nice setup. Thanks smann!

Also figured since i drive about 5-6k kms a season summers should last a few years. UHP Allseasons will prob break down before they need to be replaced lol.

smann

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
Ooo thats a really nice setup. Thanks smann!

Also figured since i drive about 5-6k kms a season summers should last a few years. UHP Allseasons will prob break down before they need to be replaced lol.
Thanks! Yeah, just get some UHP summer tires.. Or go for my setup :cheers:

Sponsored

OP
OP
Monopoly

Monopoly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I've seen several members mention the firehawks. Thanks bam88! Good to know other summer tires are way better suited for our colder temps.

YZFMax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, 2006 Mustang GT Vert
I'm also located in TO and switched to Continentals Extremes DWS06. Love these tires and running 275/35/20's all around with the Foundry 20" rims.

I am running Blizzaks on 19" rims for the winters. Great setup for me both ways.

OP
OP
Monopoly

Monopoly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks guys! Lots of choices out there.

No more "It has to be 22Deg, Sunny, drive for 15mins, etc..." before I can get any traction days are over.

Honestly debating switching on line-lock destroying these tires and swapping the PZeros out after storage in spring next year. I hate them so much.

Or take them off and sell used for a few hundred bucks.

F0J

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
François
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I currently have:

Bridgestone Potenza RE-71R in 265/45R18 XL for track and hot summer driving; and,
Nokian Hakka R2s in 235/50R18 XL for everything else.

I'll be replacing the RE-71Rs for RE-11Rs for slightly more longevity and water traction. The RE-71Rs are a little too situational for 2 tire setup. >1.25Gs once they get hot.
Sponsored