Sponsored

2019 GT500 Mustang New Spy Video, Pics, Info

SlowShelby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Grabber Blue GT500
If you remember those Easter eggs November was a hint.

Chev making a 650hp atmo V8?! Did they poach some Coyote engineers, or is it going to be an 8 litre?
:bolt:
the videos of the ZR1 seem testing at the ring seem to have a clearly audible blower whine.

Go to autoweek and turn up the volume at the beginning. It is there. I am betting it will be the new 2.65 given the much larger hood bulge.

I am betting on DSSV's and a good bit more power.
Sponsored

68fbjjz109

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15' GTPP
Word on the street is smaller, higher revving DOHC, FPC for the mid-engine Vette. All the details I have suggest it'll be somewhere between $100-200k.
I heard a few times something very similar for the Z/28 more BMW in size than coyote/voodoo.

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
Word on the street is smaller, higher revving DOHC, FPC for the mid-engine Vette. All the details I have suggest it'll be somewhere between $100-200k.
Ive seen people post that there may be a few different engine options, whether that will be on the first edition of it remains to be seen.
If that baby is light enough, even a 500 HP FPC engine would be super.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I LOL at the thought of Chevy now entering the FPC venue... smh. Get your own damn engine. Lol
Yeah, it makes me smile thinking about how all the Chevy people are suddenly going to say that DOHC V8s are great. After all these years of saying they are too big, too top heavy, whatever. Not sure how they are going to explain why the top dog Chevy got one.

Sponsored

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 429CJ Mach 1, 2012 Boss 302
Now we can say that Ford did all the grunt work for Chevy. They should take the Wankel and make a modern day beast of it so that they can say they were the first modern day USA Wankel maker.

ttime500

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Corvette Z06
Now we can say that Ford did all the grunt work for Chevy. They should take the Wankel and make a modern day beast of it so that they can say they were the first modern day USA Wankel maker.
If we're going to claim copying, I would say it'll be based on mclaren, Ferrari, Audi V8, not the coyote or voodoo. It's not being built to compete with the mustang.

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
Im not going to criticise GM, only if its a faliure.
They seen that ford got 5000 applications for a mid engine GT witha price tag of 450k. Why not bring a car with similar performance for 1/2 the cost?
Wont look as good but should/could satisfy the US made mid engine market. Lord knows ford didnt want to. 750 of them, i suppose.

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If we're going to claim copying, I would say it'll be based on mclaren, Ferrari, Audi V8, not the coyote or voodoo. It's not being built to compete with the mustang.
Dude, the Voodoo is unique to Ford. Ford beat Chevy to the FPC craze... so, in essence, it don't matter even if they exhumed Enzo Ferrari himself, Ford was the first of the Big 3 to use a mass-produced FPC.

Game over.

ttime500

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Corvette Z06
Dude, the Voodoo is unique to Ford. Ford beat Chevy to the FPC craze... so, in essence, it don't matter even if they exhumed Enzo Ferrari himself, Ford was the first of the Big 3 to use a mass-produced FPC.

Game over.
I don't even think it'll be FPC but it'll be what the first American v8 with turbos then! Who really cares. GM was the very first with mag ride so you can thank them for that.

Sponsored

cobra1320

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1995 Cobra

Game over.
Cadillac had a fpc v8 in 1915.

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnaride was made by Delphi, IIRC, and offered to multiple automakers. GM, of course, utilized that. Ferrari did as well, so I don't think that matters in this engine debate.

There were a few NA FPCs but none mass produced to the effect of the number produced by Ford since 2015, IIRC.

ttime500

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Corvette Z06
Magnaride was made by Delphi, IIRC, and offered to multiple automakers. GM, of course, utilized that. Ferrari did as well, so I don't think that matters in this engine debate.

There were a few NA FPCs but none mass produced to the effect of the number produced by Ford since 2015, IIRC.
They still weren't first ones to use FPC though. I really think it's irrelevant. The auto industry is all about copycatting and then taking it and making it better. I think it's really cool that they can say they were the first American company with an FPC but I really see no bragging point there. It was rumored (leaked doc) that one of the engines will be a DOHC 6.2L NA engine. I would guess if they do that the FI engine will be based on that. Honestly as much is known about it as the next SE Mustang!!

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
How many FPC Camaros exist?
How many FPC Charger/Challengers exist?

Ford is the first ponycar+FPC automaker... anyways, I hope whatever is taking Ford this long to get the kinks straightened is a beast of an engine and not merely a screwcharged engine but moreso a technological breakthrough.

I can't stand the idea of a simple SC atop a 5.2L, but if we go SC I could definitely dig the idea of a centrifugal unit, or two, a CVT clutch + centrifugal, or TT, or for craziness of it a centrifugal SC with CVT + single turbo.

ttime500

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Corvette Z06
How many FPC Camaros exist?
How many FPC Charger/Challengers exist?

Ford is the first ponycar+FPC automaker... anyways, I hope whatever is taking Ford this long to get the kinks straightened is a beast of an engine and not merely a screwcharged engine but moreso a technological breakthrough.

I can't stand the idea of a simple SC atop a 5.2L, but if we go SC I could definitely dig the idea of a centrifugal unit, or two, a CVT clutch + centrifugal, or TT, or for craziness of it a centrifugal SC with CVT + single turbo.
I get that, I'm just saying I've never spoke to a 350 guy and had him brag to me about the FPC, like its the be all end all of engines.

Back on topic, I totally agree, with you, I hope its a centrifugal unit or TT with some other very nice technology mixed in.
Sponsored