Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EU GT 2015

cop on my back

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1
Having done a few track days at high speeds in my old 05 GT, the hood lift was scary to the point I installed hood pins. That solved it. I do not wish to put hood pins on this car however. This car will easily reach over 140mph on the straight at Pacific Raceways so I suspect the hood lift will be bad as well. I will be looking at options.

One more thing, I just have to add the amount of rheteric, bullshit, preaching and other crap is pretty thick on this thread. Some people need to hold off on comments formed from a rectal pluck and try just biting thier tongue.

Speed rules, just do it safely.

GTP

Deutsche Pony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.BambergAudio.com
First Name
Philip
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10 Outrageous Orange HPDE mods
One more thing, I just have to add the amount of rheteric, bullshit, preaching and other crap is pretty thick on this forum. Some people need to hold off on comments formed from a rectal pluck and try just biting thier tongue.
Fixed.

Sponsored

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Carroll Shelbys Soul Lives Under My GT350 Hood
Good idea indeed. But I will put mine on the hood instead of the light

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Roh92cp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
OW GTPP Whipple
Finally did some testing with the new latches and hood struts, and I can say the hood shake, lift and float is completely solved. I would imagine the struts also help bu the quick latch really keeps the hood pinned down. Before I got hod lift and shake on the highway at 70 mph, I tested this out to double digits now and it's solid. Here are the latches I used, and I bought the white ones but repainted them Oxford white.

mustangv6magn

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
@mmagnetic2016
Vehicle(s)
2016 procharged v6 magnetic 2016 ford eplorer
On what God-fearing good ole' American highway are you doing this legal 140mph driving where you would have proper conditions to safely evaluate the aerodynamic effects on your engine-enclosure's latch device???
Lol this made me laugh I needed that haha. But yes wonder what road he is achieving this in

Gooner86

ARSENA1
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red V6
My coworker at work told me he saw a S550 hood fly off on the highway a couple weeks ago.

The driver was going pretty fast on the highway, 100+ mph and we had a tropical storm passing through. He said he heard and felt a gust of wind and the mustang that had just passed him had the hood open up and rip off almost hitting my coworkers car as it fell to the floor.

Sponsored

bigjohns97

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT 401a M6 RR
I did the Custom Car Grill and now my hood is dangerously loose at highway speeds.
[MENTION=16819]Roh92cp[/MENTION] what did you end up doing to solve this? (can't see pics)

I am also looking for any other solutions you guys have, I have to do something.

hiccup

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT black base PP RECAROS
About a year ago my wife had surgery down in San Antonio Texas. We stayed there about a week after for her recovery. When came time to come back home I told myself there was no way I was driving thru Austin due to excessive road construction (nightmare getting to and thru there). Anyways studied roads better coming home and discovered that there was a high speed toll road available that I wasn't aware of coming down. I believe the limit was about 80-85 mph. We drove the thing nearly 100 mph. So a bit over the limit but never noticed an issue with the hood. Now if I'm on a two lane highway at 60-65 mph and an oncoming semi passes by me at same speeds the hood acts like it could take flight lol.

Last edited:

Rev_B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Ecoboost
I can't notice any hood lift until 220 km/h (137 mph). Then it really gets scary as the hood lifts and waves. No mods in bumper or grills.

How could Ford let this go into production on a sports car, it's beyond me.

At least it's something you don't see every day. :)

M151A2

Skinny old dude
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Emmett
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
I installed hood pins. I sure don't want my hood flying off and hitting some of these "safe Sallys" that got their ire up here. I sure don't need another chastising mother.