Sponsored

What can you ask from tuner?

MagGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium Auto
I've noticed around that some people have been asking special requests from tuners. I guess I just want to know what would be possible to ask from my tuner, Lund. Things like adding afterfire to the car or something

Basically, the whole reason I ask is because I like to Road Race some times. The first time i raced with a tune i noticed on my auto gt with 3.15 that while the shifts were a lot firmer, the wheels lost traction everytime, and if i don't have traction control off, it will bog the car for a second or two and completely kill it. I thought this was pretty dangerous as if i shift on a long sweeping turn, the car could get pretty upset and lose traction.

So i guess, while i would like to know all the options I could ask for, would it be possible to keep the really firm shifts, but make it so it doesn't lose traction so hard?

P.S.: My friend was telling me to ask the tuner to"Overrev another few hundred rpm to deal with delay of downshifting." does that sound right? or did i mishear him?
Sponsored

ahl395

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2006 Infiniti G35X
You can ask Lund to make the shifts softer if needed. You can definitely ask them to customize alot of parameters in the tune, but about the specific ones you're talking about I'm not sure. You'll have to ask them.

I had to ask them to soften the shifts for the same reason (losing traction) until I did some suspension upgrades. There's really no way they can keep the shifts firm but not make you lose traction from the shift. Look into the BMR CB005 cradle lockout and stiffer differential bushings, that helped my traction immensely. Stopped me from losing traction as badly on shifts (until I added more power, lol)

Kahboom

Kahboom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GTPP, Recaros/2014 Explorer Sport 4X4
You can ask to reduce or eliminate torque management which is typically something that they don't do unless requested. VCT tuning it's another thing that you have to request this is typical what you doing intake manifold change but I'm sure that he could send make some small refinements to the stock one as well. Once they revise your Tim you can usually get another one to two degrees of additional timing to make it a little less conservative. Throttle tuning, it's the pedal for your throttle is a little too touchy or not touchy enough you can have it adjusted and make it more linear.

OP
OP

MagGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium Auto
I think i just need more stability when i wot. Everything is pretty peachy. maybe some more backfire :D is that possible?

ahl395

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2006 Infiniti G35X
You can ask to reduce or eliminate torque management which is typically something that they don't do unless requested. VCT tuning it's another thing that you have to request this is typical what you doing intake manifold change but I'm sure that he could send make some small refinements to the stock one as well. Once they revise your Tim you can usually get another one to two degrees of additional timing to make it a little less conservative. Throttle tuning, it's the pedal for your throttle is a little too touchy or not touchy enough you can have it adjusted and make it more linear.
If you're supercharged (or at least Procharged) they wont change your throttle sensitivity because it could induce surging issues. Just figured I'd throw that out there.

I think i just need more stability when i wot. Everything is pretty peachy. maybe some more backfire :D is that possible?
You can ask for more pops and crackles on decel, which I assume is what you mean by backfire.

Sponsored

Kahboom

Kahboom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GTPP, Recaros/2014 Explorer Sport 4X4
Fuel cut out for letting off the throttle or for decel can be adjusted.

Commbubba19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
If you're supercharged (or at least Procharged) they wont change your throttle sensitivity because it could induce surging issues. Just figured I'd throw that out there.

You can ask for more pops and crackles on decel, which I assume is what you mean by backfire.
no tuner currently offers 'backfire' or 'decel pops' or 'burble' tunes for the 5.0. Lund flat out told me to fuck off as did AED.

Livernois explained that the programming isn't there from Ford so it's hard to add unlike the Focus RS which has it and they just tweak it.

The OEM tune is a bit richer off throttle so you'll get more pops. But all the aftermarket tuners lean it out so it's less present.

Yes, it's more efficient, but sometimes the inefficiencies are what give a car character.

stevnoof

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt base manual 3.31
the ford power packs have a lot of popping and crackling. but yea like you said once I got it protuned it stopped doing all those cool noises.

JennyStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
I have a 5.0 with blower from Livernois and my shit snaps crackles and pop like magic when I let of throttle. Love it

smann

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
Mine also cracks when I let off the throttle.. I can even make it make a loud bang sometimes lol.
I'm tuned by Lund