Sponsored

What did you do to your Aussie S550 today..

GT 550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black GT MT S550
Headers are likely if anything to make it louder as the exhaust pulse resonates differently through them than through an OEM manifold, and often they only provide bang for buck at signficantly elevated power levels. On mildly modified engines I've found some increase in responsiveness but rarely an increase in power even going from awful cast iron log manifolds to headers on a big block Chrysler.

Sam's Performance did a test years ago where they back to backed about 10 different headers on the same LS1 and found they made bugger all difference, even with CAI and tune. Not saying it's universally applicable but given the cost you'd want to make sure you were getting bang for your buck. Depends what 'bang' your chasing I guess.

Congratulations Flying Fiz sounds like you're happy with the outcome, which is great. I'm encouraged that you came to Canberra as I'm usually travelling to Sydney from here to get things done! Would you mind sharing who the tuner was?
Sponsored

Flying Fiz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Model GT Fastback Oxford White Auto
Headers are likely if anything to make it louder as the exhaust pulse resonates differently through them than through an OEM manifold, and often they only provide bang for buck at signficantly elevated power levels. On mildly modified engines I've found some increase in responsiveness but rarely an increase in power even going from awful cast iron log manifolds to headers on a big block Chrysler.

Sam's Performance did a test years ago where they back to backed about 10 different headers on the same LS1 and found they made bugger all difference, even with CAI and tune. Not saying it's universally applicable but given the cost you'd want to make sure you were getting bang for your buck. Depends what 'bang' your chasing I guess.

Congratulations Flying Fiz sounds like you're happy with the outcome, which is great. I'm encouraged that you came to Canberra as I'm usually travelling to Sydney from here to get things done! Would you mind sharing who the tuner was?
Hi
I dealt with Ed and Paul at Autotech Canberra. Ed is the principal and comes recommended from Mustang Motorsport and is very knowledgeable, very professional and extremely trustworthy. All his staff and skilled and enthusiastic.
I would highly recommend.

GT 550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black GT MT S550
Ah thanks Flying Fiz, I know Ed from years ago and had heard that he was tuning our cars these days. Ed is a cluey dude so I'll be off to see him soonish.

Pagey

PonyGP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue GT w/Black roof
I dropped my headlights off to Exotic Pony Parts to have them fitted with the Diode DRLs and replaced my grill with Modern Billet Mesh grills. Will post photos when it is all reassembled

phil545

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phil
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Right way up for your easier viewing
What profile mate? I want the 4s but didn't they had those big sizes out yet. I'm chasing a 295/35/20

Sponsored

MrMustang1974

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keith
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red mustang GT
Installed a nice new set of 6000k glowies for the girl. Found the stock factory lights a little dull. Bought them from Diode dynamics. Been very happy with there other stuff so far. They are a d3s bulb but still fit and work in our lights. be interesting to see how they are tonight.

Mick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT vert
Installed a nice new set of 6000k glowies for the girl. Found the stock factory lights a little dull. Bought them from Diode dynamics. Been very happy with there other stuff so far. They are a d3s bulb but still fit and work in our lights. be interesting to see how they are tonight.
Your not wrong about the headlights. Low beam, is the worst i have come across in years. Realy bad on unlit back roads. Keep us posted please. I suppose the damn front bar has to come off for this mod?

MrMustang1974

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keith
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red mustang GT
Sigh yeah I took it off, tried by taking the wheels off and removing the plastic guard liner still was a pain in the ass. Clips inside the lights themselves are a pain to unclip to get the globe out. I was going to grind out the inlet vents on the grill so figured might as well remove the bar do that job and the light job together. Will take a couple of pics tonight and see how they are.

Bagration

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT delivered 8 May 17
The AWE touring cat back was delivered to home today. Beautifully packaged and nil damage. Glow pop and all. Very glad I went for the diamond black tips as they are very stylish indeed. Install next week

MrMustang1974

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keith
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red mustang GT
Your not wrong about the headlights. Low beam, is the worst i have come across in years. Realy bad on unlit back roads. Keep us posted please. I suppose the damn front bar has to come off for this mod?
Here you go Mick

Low Beam
37298760602_940aa3d378_b.jpg

High Beam
36659337003_dd80d265e7_b.jpg

Sponsored

GT 550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black GT MT S550
Keith that looks great, thanks for posting. Low beam looks pretty potent, are you getting flashed by oncoming cars?

MrMustang1974

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keith
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red mustang GT
Keith that looks great, thanks for posting. Low beam looks pretty potent, are you getting flashed by oncoming cars?
Ty and not a problem at all. The road I tested these on is fairly quiet, so didnt encounter a car at all. Im running 6000k high and low led's in my falcon that is the daily runabout, and only once in a while get flashed. The adjustable settings for the lights are high when I took the photos so they will be adjusted to bring the lights back down again.
Oh and the lights in the mustangs are D8S but these are D3S and they fit perfectly.

Flying Fiz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Model GT Fastback Oxford White Auto
What profile mate? I want the 4s but didn't they had those big sizes out yet. I'm chasing a 295/35/20
Hi Phil,
Mine are 275x35x20 front and 305x30x20 rear.
They grip like Sh!t. Seriously good tyres, they feel every bit as good as the cups, but unlike the cup tyres these are supposed to be mega good in the wet.
Cheers

Mick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT vert
Thanks Keith. That low beam looks descent on that pick. What's your opinion, having seen old and new in the flesh? Might have some work ahead of me now.:headbonk:

apsilon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grabber Blue manual GT in transit
Oh and the lights in the mustangs are D8S but these are D3S and they fit perfectly.
You might want to keep an eye on this. There's a 10w difference between the two hence having more light. At 12v that'll be around an extra 0.8a. Might be enough for canbus to notice the difference and start setting errors in your computer and if so once it reaches it's tolerance threshold will disable it.

Maybe a heap of people have done this upgrade and it's fine, I haven't looked into it but thought it worth mentioning.
Sponsored