Sponsored

Most overdone exterior mod?

buymycar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT base. Roush axleback and frpp xpipe.
What is the most over done exterior mod?

The blank decklid is everywhere now
Sponsored

brandonsmash

SMASH!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT - PP
Fake scoops and vents. I mean, why? The S550 is attractive because for once it isn't fettled and festooned with gaudy, purposeless plastic. The PP doesn't even have a spoiler. Why would you want to tack on useless plastic pieces to interrupt the body lines?

MX5Racer

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.rixclix.com
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible
Fake scoops and vents. I mean, why? The S550 is attractive because for once it isn't fettled and festooned with gaudy, purposeless plastic. The PP doesn't even have a spoiler. Why would you want to tack on useless plastic pieces to interrupt the body lines?
+1

Jim Bronson

Red One
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Coupe Six Speed
+2. Right after I bought my car, I was all turned on after seeing other cars with all the fake add-ons. I was ready to load up on them, but then I decided to keep it stock and enjoy the factory lines. I would agree that some of the doodads differentiate one's car from a zillion others on the road. I may someday succumb to side stripes, but that's about all. Otherwise, I like it just the way it is.

Southview

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Herby
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium Convertible
Just so you know. The Roush side scoops actually do work! They make my car switch lanes faster by pulling in the air and adding resistance. My car can change lanes faster than any car on the road!
And, the Roush hood scoop creates an air scoop. The added resistance from the air being trapped drags the front of my car down like a bloodhound hot on a trail. Sometimes when I am going fast my car scrapes the front spoiler!
:lol: I like them.
Black wheels is the most overdone! NEEEEXXXT!:cheers::D

Sponsored

Shouldhavegotthegt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic GT 2014 Ram 1500 RCSB 4x4
Agreed. The worst is everything bone stock and then they have side scoops and window scoops.

Warhead

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Warren
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
Blacking out emblems is the most common one I see on the road.

OP
OP

buymycar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT base. Roush axleback and frpp xpipe.
I'm guilty of the black wheels and emblems. The fake scoops are too much.

S550GTCS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2019 Corvette Grand Sport w/Z07, 2011 Golf TDI
Blacked out headlights/tail lights.

Barrel

Hoonigan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cars and Trucks
"Carbon Fiber"

Sponsored

yomamma219

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang EB Premium Pony Pack "4HORSEMEN"
Well this is pushing what I think people may consider "exterior" but I have the winner and I consider it "exterior" since it is plainly visible from the exterior: window tint.

I'll take the fake cookie now cuz fake metals aren't good for anything.

I have this and think almost everyone should at least be at their state's legal limit especially in the southern half like me, definitely makes a difference in summer sun/heat.

dvs73

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2015 PP/GT
Vehicle Showcase
Rally stripes!

Weasel1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP

Rustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rustan
Vehicle(s)
LB '17 GT Premium PP
I hope we aren't confusing overdone with mods we don't like. Out of all the S550s I have come across I think I have only seen 1 that had fake scoops and they were on the sides only and IMO think they can add to the lines if they are the right ones. Now if I am reading this wrong and by overdone you are referring to an amount of a type of mod and someone puts a fake hood, side, window, and GT350 front fender scoops all on the same car then yes I feel that is overdone but I haven't seen any of those in person. I have seen more people go overboard on blacking things out as in so many black highlights the car looks like a checkerboard. But alas to each their own and as long as they enjoy it I am happy for them as that is the whole purpose of modding a car to make it your own.