D3adch1ld

Blabber Mouth
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marcos
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang GT Premum w/ Performance Pack
Lmao, no kidding, but if someone likes drama its Ford.
Sponsored

BluByeU

M6G SoCal Cruisers
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob HT
Vehicle(s)
2015 Premium GTPP Recaros & Shaker 401a
Not trolling, I dont want to get specific on who the gentleman that disclosed the info is, simply forwarded the few key pieces he shared on the upcoming SVT vehicle which he specifically said "unofficially is the GT500", but everyone understands it to be it as it is targetting the Hellcat. Now, that is so hard to believe about a 5.0 TT? Ford refined the current 5.0 with direct injection and being that they are looking for a smaller displacement than the 5.8 trinity, why not use whats available and proven to be so rubost. The 5.2 would be nice, but more material means stronger.
Did your source hint at any targeted h/p & torque numbers?

Darkane

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Base
Not trolling, I dont want to get specific on who the gentleman that disclosed the info is, simply forwarded the few key pieces he shared on the upcoming SVT vehicle which he specifically said "unofficially is the GT500", but everyone understands it to be it as it is targetting the Hellcat. Now, that is so hard to believe about a 5.0 TT? Ford refined the current 5.0 with direct injection and being that they are looking for a smaller displacement than the 5.8 trinity, why not use whats available and proven to be so rubost. The 5.2 would be nice, but more material means stronger.
Actually I’m not even interested in the drivetrain so much anymore.

Can you see if you get some chassis info??

Specifically:

1) carbon composite front cradle
2) carbon composite coil springs

Any other light weighing that can be transferred to current cars. That would be cool.

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
BmacIl already gave a hint/estimate for HP. 800+ was what i gathered. If I'm wrong, someone chime in. The 8/7 of a hellcat, doesn't that mean 808? Maybe its 809 now to trump the demons HP numbers. Either way, should be plenty. I'm just hoping we get the damn thing before the apocalypse. ;\

BluByeU

M6G SoCal Cruisers
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob HT
Vehicle(s)
2015 Premium GTPP Recaros & Shaker 401a
BmacIl already gave a hint/estimate for HP. 800+ was what i gathered. If I'm wrong, someone chime in. The 8/7 of a hellcat, doesn't that mean 808? Maybe its 809 now to trump the demons HP numbers. Either way, should be plenty. I'm just hoping we get the damn thing before the apocalypse. ;\
Yep I remember as I value his vague input about this SE Mustang lol, was trying to determine if BmacIL numbers mirrored those of this "latest inside source" that's all.

Machsmith I applaud you and a few others for keeping the dialogue flowing about this coming SE Stang but I gotta admit man for me the interest has waned. It's like the old soap operas, it just keeps on going and going and going with no end (solid info/pics) in sight. :cheers:

Sponsored

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
I hear u blubyeu.
Im not a patient guy.... its been frustrating.
Anything to get the juices flowing.
A tid bit here a tid bit there. Even tho we have a good idea what its going to pack power wise, it would be good to get confirmation at least, with specifics.

Im running on empty too man.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase

D3adch1ld

Blabber Mouth
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marcos
Vehicle(s)
Did your source hint at any targeted h/p & torque numbers?
He was very vague about specific details, he just sounded very pleased about the hellcat benchmark.

Sponsored

D3adch1ld

Blabber Mouth
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marcos
Vehicle(s)
Actually I’m not even interested in the drivetrain so much anymore.

Can you see if you get some chassis info??

Specifically:

1) carbon composite front cradle
2) carbon composite coil springs

Any other light weighing that can be transferred to current cars. That would be cool.
I met him at a Ford event, kinda one time deal. I got his contact info, so Ill see if he says anything further.

GT500TT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche turbo
I hear u blubyeu.
Im not a patient guy.... its been frustrating.
Anything to get the juices flowing.
A tid bit here a tid bit there. Even tho we have a good idea what its going to pack power wise, it would be good to get confirmation at least, with specifics.

Im running on empty too man.
Me to! If we go through they next round of auto show and nothing desirable comes out it's going to be awful!! Crazy to think it's almost been a year since the LA show already!! Seems like yesterday we thought we might see something then! I know good things come to those who wait but geez. Then I start thinking if something where to be unveiled tomorrow it would still take forever to orde/purchase it!!!!!:frusty:

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 429CJ Mach 1, 2012 Boss 302
A man will get shot down in here PDQ for preaching V8TT stuff... better tread lightly when talking escargot.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
A man will get shot down in here PDQ for preaching V8TT stuff... better tread lightly when talking escargot.
It just won't package without a large investment and that would make it an unaffordable car for the market it's going after. The tens of millions of unique tooling it would take just for this car would take far too long to pay back at transaction prices anywhere near the prior GT500 or even the GT350. You're talking a $90-100k car (msrp) with a TT V8, possibly more.

Flat Plane Drifter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
WTB- a 50th anniversary Shelby GT500 vert-;)
It just won't package without a large investment and that would make it an unaffordable car for the market it's going after. The tens of millions of unique tooling it would take just for this car would take far too long to pay back at transaction prices anywhere near the prior GT500 or even the GT350. You're talking a $90-100k car (msrp) with a TT V8, possibly more.
I get why the TT issue is constantly being brought up here, there and everywhere.

At the same time, this response might make a good sticky. :)
Sponsored