Sponsored

Do you experience vibration and rumbling between 50 and 70 mph?

• Total voters

shelbywannabe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2016 Black Mustang GT PP
My dealer just called me today. They told me that they found out the drive shaft they just replaced about three weeks ago, with the updated part # as part of the SSM, is bent. They ordered me in a new one, and it will not be here until Monday.

They also said some of my tires have abnormal wear on them, and they are working with GoodYear to get them replaced under warranty as well.

They said they'll call me back tomorrow with more info on the tires. I'm hoping to have the car back some time next week.[/QUOTE

Wow thats strange, when I was having my car worked on last time they called me and told me they had to reorder a driveshaft as the one they got in was bent also. What the heck is going on Ford ? They have had mine a total of nine weeks since the end of June
Sponsored

shahram72

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shahram
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6 auto Foundry pkg.
Just wanted to chime into this thread.

I recently purchased a 2016 GT that has his issue, but I feel that it's no where near as bad as others in this thread have described. I took it to a local dealership and they immediately found the TSB and put in a new driveshaft based on the "updated" part number no questions asked.

Since then I've noticed that before the vibration would be its worst at around 71 mph. Now with the new drive shaft it's pretty smooth up until about 70mph, but it's just as bad as it was at 71 mph only now at 75 mph now. Once I hit around 80 mph the car smooths right back out. If I let off the gas, however, as I coast down the vibration is oddly really significant all the way down to 50 mph. It does not do this during acceleration or normal cruise control coasting.

I took it back to my dealer, and the shop foreman rode around with me. He said he could defiantly feel something was off and wants to hold onto the car for a while. They gave me a loaner, so he can further diagnose it.
This has been my journey so far. My dealer has been nothing but helpful, and I hope that they can figure this issue out.
My post repair experience is exactly like this.

khannected

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sohaib
Vehicle(s)
Black 2016 Mustang GT
My vibration just started today. 2016 GT M/T non-PP. Between 70 and 80mph its the worst. Theres also an inconsistent whine at those speeds. Will call the dealership but I've already got the 'nature of the beast' speech regarding other trans noise problems I've taken it in for. Losing my patience here.

hlh1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10
My vibration just started today. 2016 GT M/T non-PP. Between 70 and 80mph its the worst. Theres also an inconsistent whine at those speeds. Will call the dealership but I've already got the 'nature of the beast' speech regarding other trans noise problems I've taken it in for. Losing my patience here.
I also have a faint gear whine. Probably the differential.

MikeD1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Challenger Hellcat
My dealer just called me today. They told me that they found out the drive shaft they just replaced about three weeks ago, with the updated part # as part of the SSM, is bent. They ordered me in a new one, and it will not be here until Monday.

They also said some of my tires have abnormal wear on them, and they are working with GoodYear to get them replaced under warranty as well.

They said they'll call me back tomorrow with more info on the tires. I'm hoping to have the car back some time next week.

Wow thats strange, when I was having my car worked on last time they called me and told me they had to reorder a driveshaft as the one they got in was bent also. What the heck is going on Ford ? They have had mine a total of nine weeks since the end of June
There is a huge sticker on the driveshafts that states "DISCARD IF DROPPED". Who would have thought a DS would be so fragile :doh: So, with it being shipped between the manufacturer, the warehouse & the dealer my guess is lots of them arrive messed up (even tho there is no visible damage) due to careless handling.

Last edited:

Sponsored

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
There is a huge sticker on the driveshafts that states "DISCARD IF DROPPED". Who would have thought a DS would be so fragile :doh: So, with it being shipped between the manufacturer, the warehouse & the dealer my guess is lots of them arrive messed up (even tho there is no visible damage) due to careless handling.
Are they in some kind of protective shipping container, or just shipped with a toe tag on the driveshaft?

Boostamoose

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16' GT
Another update :

The dealer called me today, and they put in the new driveshaft. My advisor told me the foreman has been working on my car every single day since I brought it in. He told me that the vibration is still present but only at around 60 mph after that it goes away once you hit 70 mph+.

He mentioned that the foreman thinks that the car may have been curbed at one point in time and there may be damage to the axle which he is confident can still be replaced under warranty. (I bought the car used with 13k miles on it, and I did notice when I bought it one of the wheels had some curb rash but thought nothing else of it)

The advisor told me that the foreman wants to run two more tests on it now, he didn't specify what, but he will call me tomorrow and if not for sure on Thursday with another update.

Again my dealership seems to be nothing but helpful in this matter, and I really appreciate how far the foreman is going with trying to solve this vibration issue. I'll keep everyone posted.

shelbywannabe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2016 Black Mustang GT PP
My dealer just called and said they cant fix it. They keep suggesting it could be the aftermarket rims but its done this with 3 sets of rims on the car so I know its not them. Sounds like its time to put the car back to stock and lemon law the damn thing as Ford is throwing in the towel

codemanstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Prem
My dealer just called and said they cant fix it. They keep suggesting it could be the aftermarket rims but its done this with 3 sets of rims on the car so I know its not them. Sounds like its time to put the car back to stock and lemon law the damn thing as Ford is throwing in the towel
so what you getting next?

Il think im switching to a manual trans. Going to drive it very carefully to be sure it isnt there before buying. But yeah ill probably get another

shelbywannabe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2016 Black Mustang GT PP
No idea at this point as mine is a manual trans Perf Pack car

Sponsored

codemanstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Prem
No idea at this point as mine is a manual trans Perf Pack car
I would say the camaro, even they got some weird ass random, non fixable issues. lol Just american muscle cars r junk as always but fun as sht to drive.

Maybe a challenger/boat? lol. Good luck with the car man. At least youll get out of this.

shelbywannabe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2016 Black Mustang GT PP
I really dont know. I love this car but I will be damned if I will keep something thats going to vibrate itself apart after the warranty expires. Bummed out right now

hlh1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10
I'm going to keep mine stone stock until this is figured out so they can't blame it on anything.

shelbywannabe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2016 Black Mustang GT PP
I'm going to keep mine stone stock until this is figured out so they can't blame it on anything.
Good idea as they hinted its my wheels but I know its not as I have had 3 sets of wheels on it and it didnt change anything. Going to put it back to stock as I have all my parts exc the PP rims

hlh1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10
I just did a 3 day trip in the GT and covered about 1000 miles. Again I found that the worst vibration is 55-60 mph, at other speeds it's there but not as bad.
Sponsored

Last edited: