Sponsored

2018 Wrangler will have POWERED SOFT TOP!

JohnDoe

<3 short walks to my car
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 pp vert
http://www.foxnews.com/auto/2017/08...r-will-get-power-top-and-all-wheel-drive.html

I just found out today! :shocked:

The Wrangler was one of the vehicles I cross shopped with when looking for a convertible, but the manual top was a complete turn off. I have always loved how mean and aggressive you can make a Wrangler look and it's capabilities are just unbeatable.

Imagine looking like this, while still be able to drop your roof with the push of a button :hail:
07a3eacbe7743135e48cf329864e9c07.jpg

Before this, the only way to have a powered top for the Wrangler was to spend an extra $4,000 for an aftermarket kit
(which I also discovered today, and good thing I didn't find out earlier or I might of never got this beautiful Mustang)
[ame]
A 4 door, 4WD Convertible SUV has always been my dream car. Looks like I won't have to save that much for the Evoque Convertible after all!
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
JohnDoe

JohnDoe

<3 short walks to my car
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 pp vert
Range rovers have had a god damn fucking ugly soft top for a few years.

I wonder how it affects the rigidity of an offroader though.
I've watched almost every single video review of that convertible and most of them don't notice a difference. It's still an SUV, so I doubt most people are going to drive it to it's limit to notice any difference.

SVT-DADDY

World's heaviest S550
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Convertible
Vehicle Showcase
I've owned a couple Wranglers and the 3 piece manual tops are a big PITA. This is a huge step in the right direction for Jeep.

Now if Jeep has addressed getting beat to heck by the wind coming over the vehicle and back to the cabin they'll have a real winner.

Rigidity won't be affected by any of the tops. They are not engineered that way, that's what the big roll bars are for.

Sponsored

Zodiac

Sarcasm Personified
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Charger R/T Scat Pack
I'm excited for the new Wrangler. A diesel Wrangler sounds like a good day to me. Don't know if I could give up my scat pack though. Don't really need 3 vehicles.

SVT-DADDY

World's heaviest S550
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Convertible
Vehicle Showcase
I'm excited for the new Wrangler. A diesel Wrangler sounds like a good day to me. Don't know if I could give up my scat pack though. Don't really need 3 vehicles.
Me too, I've been waiting for a diesel wrangler for years.

I am curious to see how they price it. A 50k wrangler losses some of the excitement for me!

ford20

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 HE On Order / 2012 Boss 302 Laguna Seca
A diesel pickup wrangler is going to be awesome!

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT

That jeep looks perfect for the mall parking lot.
Not just new Jeeps. New vehicles in general. No one wants to pay an arm and both legs to drive a new vehicle and worry about breaking something offroad. I've got an old XJ for that. ;)

Sponsored

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
If any one of the 3 engines manage to even break 25mpg, I think the Wrangler will open up a huge part of the market they haven't had before.

Which is why I'm so excited for the new 3L Turbo Diesel
This.

Four-time Wrangler owner here, two TJs and on my second JK. I have been able to crack 22 on an annual road trip with my '13, but if they can better 25 MPG they will sell even more of them than they do now.

I really want a diesel 2-door pickup for my next DD. :cool:

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
LOL at the squinty, angry eyelids over the headlights on that original picture. Looks mean, but definitely also overdone.

SVT-DADDY

World's heaviest S550
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Convertible
Vehicle Showcase
This.

Four-time Wrangler owner here, two TJs and on my second JK. I have been able to crack 22 on an annual road trip with my '13, but if they can better 25 MPG they will sell even more of them than they do now.

I really want a diesel 2-door pickup for my next DD. :cool:

22mpg is doing really well in that box. I am in the market for a used JK as we speak. Would love a new JL oil burner but I am scared of the price.

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
22mpg is doing really well in that box. I am in the market for a used JK as we speak. Would love a new JL oil burner but I am scared of the price.
Oh, I know.

What's weird is over half of the 260-mile trip in question is 4-lane, running 70-75, with the Jeep (2-door, hardtop, 3.21 axles) loaded down with gear. Mileage always calcs out at 22.2 to 22.4 consistently. On usual shorter treks running normal highway speeds of 60ish, I struggle to get much over 21, if I even do. I must hit some sort of sweet spot in the drivetrain on that trip, or the Jeep is just pumped to go to northern MN... ;)

I can only imagine the JL diesel cost, mine was ridiculous enough in price. :eyebulge:

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro