Short Throw Shifter - Boomba Racing

Status
Not open for further replies.

zacpounds

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ruby Red Ecoboost
Can the black piece used for the reverse lock out with the Boomba logo be taken off in order to reuse the stock silver piece? I'm not sure if the stock silver piece can be take off or not but I'm assuming it can.

Chef jpd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1 6M, Grab ass lime. Ex: 2016 EB PPP CO
Vehicle Showcase
Can the black piece used for the reverse lock out with the Boomba logo be taken off in order to reuse the stock silver piece? I'm not sure if the stock silver piece can be take off or not but I'm assuming it can.
Nope, complete replacement.

Sponsored

furiousfuria

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ingot Silver GT/CS Premium
you guys having a sale anytime soon? Looking to pick up one in the next few weeks

OP
OP
Boomba Racing

Boomba Racing

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.boombaracing.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost TY 6MT w/ PP
you guys having a sale anytime soon? Looking to pick up one in the next few weeks
No sale announcements at this time, however if you do purchase both the shifter along with the assembly bracket we do offer it as a combo which is cheaper than buying it separately.

mulage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, Black, w/ Performance Pack
any sales or a forum discount?

and can this be purchased without the "boomba" on the side of it?

Last edited:

Sponsored

Mr. Dad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT w/PP Magnetic 6 spd; 2005 F150 FX4
Having trouble with my install (also posted in the transmission forum):

Rubber shift boot seems to be a different configuration than in your video and .pdf instructions. I don't see a zip tie and the boot appears to be much larger than in the video. Can't find a way to lift it out of the car. Here's a pic, viewing from front of car towards rear:

37201708516_a76b46e3fe_b.jpg

p.s. I tried using the install tool over top the boot, essentially trying to leave the boot on the car and change out the lever. Couldn't do it because the tool won't go low enough to pull the lever out. This car was purchased in June '17 so maybe something has changed?

Mr. Dad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT w/PP Magnetic 6 spd; 2005 F150 FX4
Update to my install difficulties: ended up cutting the rubber boot on opposite sides so I could open it up and install the tool. Worked ok but made the shifter install much more difficult--especially tightening the screws. Managed to drop my 3mm Allen wrench down into the black hole never to be seen again.

The rubber boot on my car is definitely taller than the one in the install video. I had to trim material off the top so I could secure it with the zip tie to the shifter. Not pretty, but is hidden under the regular boot.

OP
OP
Boomba Racing

Boomba Racing

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.boombaracing.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost TY 6MT w/ PP
Having trouble with my install (also posted in the transmission forum):

Rubber shift boot seems to be a different configuration than in your video and .pdf instructions. I don't see a zip tie and the boot appears to be much larger than in the video. Can't find a way to lift it out of the car. Here's a pic, viewing from front of car towards rear:

p.s. I tried using the install tool over top the boot, essentially trying to leave the boot on the car and change out the lever. Couldn't do it because the tool won't go low enough to pull the lever out. This car was purchased in June '17 so maybe something has changed?
Update to my install difficulties: ended up cutting the rubber boot on opposite sides so I could open it up and install the tool. Worked ok but made the shifter install much more difficult--especially tightening the screws. Managed to drop my 3mm Allen wrench down into the black hole never to be seen again.

The rubber boot on my car is definitely taller than the one in the install video. I had to trim material off the top so I could secure it with the zip tie to the shifter. Not pretty, but is hidden under the regular boot.
Thank you for following up with us here! This is the first we've heard of anything like this. We're going to try to secure a newer model locally to compare notes to what we have on our installation guide and make any necessary revisions. Glad to see you got everything figured out.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.