GT350R Spoiler Help

Mootang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Henry
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
I was looking at aftermarket spoilers for my car a few months ago and I've pretty much seen all of the 350R cf spoilers in person, except for the Carbon2Carbon one.

If you don't want to deal with vibration issues I would only buy from Anderson Composites, Trufiber or Carbon2Carbon. Carbon2Carbon is the best quality and is identical to the OEM 350R spoiler (from what I've seen via photos and from other people) but it's also the most expensive ($1800).

Anderson Composites and Trufiber's spoilers are both priced at $800 so it just depends on which brand you like better. I would stay away from any other brands not mentioned due to vibration and/or flexing issues. Hope this help!
If the weather gets any better here, I can try to video the closing and opening of my trunk with the spoiler to capture the vibration. Then I need to figure out how to upload the video here. I am assuming YouTube links should do it?
Sponsored

Tubalkayne

First Time Mustang Owner
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, Steeda PP, Competition Orange,
If the weather gets any better here, I can try to video the closing and opening of my trunk with the spoiler to capture the vibration. Then I need to figure out how to upload the video here. I am assuming YouTube links should do it?
yes you can embed YouTube videos.

50Mustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Lincoln Corsair & 1990 Mustang GT. 2019 Mustang GT PP2 (Sold), 2019 Lincoln MKZ (Sold), 2017 Mustang GT PP (Sold), 2009 Civic Si (Sold)
Just got my R Spoiler in today from Trufiber and will try to install it over the weekend!

blkguyblk5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350, 2019 Ducati V4S Corse
I was looking at aftermarket spoilers for my car a few months ago and I've pretty much seen all of the 350R cf spoilers in person, except for the Carbon2Carbon one.

If you don't want to deal with vibration issues I would only buy from Anderson Composites, Trufiber or Carbon2Carbon. Carbon2Carbon is the best quality and is identical to the OEM 350R spoiler (from what I've seen via photos and from other people) but it's also the most expensive ($1800).

Anderson Composites and Trufiber's spoilers are both priced at $800 so it just depends on which brand you like better. I would stay away from any other brands not mentioned due to vibration and/or flexing issues. Hope this help!
Correct. Carbon2Carbon is the only one identical to the OEM 350R spoiler. Anderson Composites is off. Seen it side by side to a 350R and it's not even close IMO.

Sponsored

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
A 2017 miraculous little beast
So what happened to this thread?

clevernickname

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic Mustang GT, 2016 camaro ss (gfs), 2015 range rover sport, 2013 ford explorer, 2017 WRX
Those who installed it, what did you do about the factory holes from the old spoiler?

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
My main concern is the "flimsiness" of the spoiler. I discussed with a couple of people who have installed it and it seems to be flimsy indeed and to vibrate at high speeds. I don't want the spoiler break or detach from the trunk after a while... On the other hand I do not want to spend $1800 or $800 for a spoiler :shrug:

MF_AutoDesigns

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium PP
My main concern is the "flimsiness" of the spoiler. I discussed with a couple of people who have installed it and it seems to be flimsy indeed and to vibrate at high speeds. I don't want the spoiler break or detach from the trunk after a while... On the other hand I do not want to spend $1800 or $800 for a spoiler :shrug:

How about a full trunk with integrated spoiler?

https://www.cjponyparts.com/anderso...-spoiler-dual-side-fastback-2015-2017/p/TL46/

Saw this in person the other day. Looks great.

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
Looks nice, but I am in the market for a GT350R spoiler. However, by going through the forums and reading several reviews, it seems that the available ones are either flimsy and they vibrate at highway speeds, or too expensive.

Sponsored

clevernickname

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic Mustang GT, 2016 camaro ss (gfs), 2015 range rover sport, 2013 ford explorer, 2017 WRX
I asked ikonmotorsports about theirs.

Thank you for contacting us and for your interest in our product.
There has not been any issues with the paint.
However, we have had some complaints about the spoiler vibrating while driving.
We are unsure if those were defective spoilers or if that was a result of improper installation.
We have sold over a hundred of these spoilers and the defect rate is around 5%.

furiousfuria

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ingot Silver GT/CS Premium
I asked ikonmotorsports about theirs.

Thank you for contacting us and for your interest in our product.
There has not been any issues with the paint.
However, we have had some complaints about the spoiler vibrating while driving.
We are unsure if those were defective spoilers or if that was a result of improper installation.
We have sold over a hundred of these spoilers and the defect rate is around 5%.
Almost everyone who reports back on Ikon's spoiler says it vibrates going freeway speeds, it's just the ABS plastic. I've been searching if there are any good fiberglass ones out there. Found this one, and it's a little smaller than the OEM R version, which I actually kind of like. But I can't find any reviews

http://www.mrbodykit.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=10_1316&products_id=3627

Fenderfreak145

Complaint Listener
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shadow Black GT PP
Looks nice, but I am in the market for a GT350R spoiler. However, by going through the forums and reading several reviews, it seems that the available ones are either flimsy and they vibrate at highway speeds, or too expensive.
I'm looking for the same thing, if the carbon spoiler won't vibrate with me doing 120 I'm going to spend the money and do it right.

We might as well save up and go all out!

clevernickname

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Someone on reddit replied that their roommate got an ebay one and confirmed the issues. Seems like the best bet is the carbon fiber one.

Or the anderson composite fiberglass one? Can't remember what people said about those.

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)