Sponsored

Child Seats

Mike0105

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LR4
Hi Everyone,

I took a GT350 for a spin yesterday and was bitten hard by the snake. This would be a 3rd car for me and the wife's one rule is the entire family has to be able to fit in it. So the big question is has any body put forward facing child seats or booster seats in the backseat to take their kids along for a ride? It looked mighty tight so I wanted to check to see how feasible it is.
Mike
Sponsored

TMully06

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R, 2017 F80 M3, 2020 Lincoln Navigator Black Label
I think it really depends on how tall you (and your wife) are... I have a forward facing full size car seat in the back (behind driver) for my 3 year old... and a rear facing infant carrier for my 9 month old behind the passenger.

I am 5'6" and my wife is 5'5"... both sides are a little tight but reasonable for a Sunday afternoon drive.

If you are over 6 foot and have the seat almost all the way back - clearly going to be more challenging.

MikeR397

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford GT350R & Raptor; Ferrari 360, Aston Martin Vantage, Porsche Cayenne GTS, Jaguar XFR
Interested in these details as well. I think it's the same space as any Mustang, correct? I'm looking to add a rear seat to my GT350R so I can take my 2 year old in his front facing car seat to daycare ect. It looks like a forward facing seat will work ok behind my 5'7'' wife in the passenger, but I'm 6'6'' and there is no way anyone is going comfortably behind me. When our second arrives in February, it'll basically be me and oldest son only or me only regardless.

Does anyone know if I can salvage/resell the R's rear-seat delete once I put the rear seat kit (~$900 + $550 installation) in? It looks like the delete kits are on ebay for about $850 shipped, so I was hoping it might make this change a little less costly considering the likely limited use I'll get out of the rear seat, but it's better than nothing.

Gilby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350, 98 Cobra
I have a rear facing seat behind my wife (~5'-0") and while she's cramped, she still has room between her knees and the dash. I however do not fit in the passenger side even though I have ridden there so I could let some friends experience the goodness that the Voodoo has to offer, I wouldn't do that for a long period of time. A buddy who is 5'-7" or so has ridden with me to work and didn't complain too much. Next year I will have the car seat in front facing and don't see why it would really be a problem. I have pics of the rear facing seat installed if you want to see them.

straightliner1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R #HR262 / 2018 GMC Yukon XL Denali
I'm 6'1" and have my little guy who occasionally rides with me. He is usually situated behind myself and our 7 y/o rides behind her because his legs need more room. It's a tight fit, definitely not something I would recommend for a long trip.

Sponsored

TDC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350, 2019 Challenger Scat Pack Widebody, 2019 Corvette Grand Sport
Forward facing for kids aged 6 and 7. If they sit with legs crisscrossed I don't have to move the seat much (my height 5'9"). If not and they need leg room then I move a good 3-4 inches forward.

Dexter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
It is tight, but I have 2 Graco Nautilus 3-in-1 seats in the back for my 5 and 2 year old. They LOVE driving in the Shelby!

OP
OP

Mike0105

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LR4
Both my wife and I are above average in height, I'm 6-0 and she's 5-7 but it sounds like it would be do-able for short trips.

Appreciate the feedback, can't wait to join the club :)
Mike

DUJALA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350-LB w/Black OTT
Sounds like you are similar to my wife and I. I am 6'2" and my wife is 5'7" and I have two forward facing seats for my 4 and 2 year old. Right now my 4 year old is behind my seat and she can be cramped on longer drives so I will be switching their seats for next year.

They do love it though and I see it being fine while they are kids.

Trackaholic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 350Z, 2016 GT350, 2018 Pacifica Hybrid
I had my son in a booster behind me, and my slightly older daughter in the rear seat behind the passenger. Seemed to work out well.

Definitely easier once they are out of the booster though.

-T

Sponsored

Robbys3m3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
I have a booster for my 6 year old and a car seat for my 4year old...both fit back there fine
Sponsored