SoCalTim

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Sold : 15 GT
***Why so Blue? Tim's GT Journal***​

She is a base model GT, with the 6R80 gearbox. With my previous car being the 2008 M3 with DCT transmission, I'd got used to the paddle shifters and decided to give the 6R80 a try. Even though it isn't as high tech as BMW DCT, it is by no means sluggish in Sport mode, and is generally a pleasure to drive.

Heres my mod's completed so far:

UPDATED OCTOBER 2017...

Exterior:

California Special Upper & Lower Front Grille Set (OEM Ford Part)
RK Sport Carbon Front Splitter
GT350 Tech Pack Spoiler (OEM Ford Part)
GT350 Rear Bumper Valence (OEM Ford Part)
Ford Racing Blank Decklid
SVE Gloss Black 5.0 Emblems
3M Tinted Windows

Wheels:

Project 6GR
Gloss Black Finish
20x10 Front
20x11 Rear

Tires: 265/35 Nitto G2 555, 295/35
Nitto G2 555

Interior:

Full Leather Recaro Interior Swap
Brushed Metal OEM Dash Trim
Beith Performance Parts Custom Steering Wheel
MMD Genuine Carbon Fiber Paddle Shifters
White Madness Garage Auto Shifter
OEM GT350 Red Start Button
OEM GT350 Ford Performance Door Sill Plates

Suspension:

PP Shocks
Steeda Progressive Lowering Springs
Ford Racing Black Strut Tower Brace
BMR CB005

Exhaust:

Corsa Xtreme GT350 Catback

Brakes:

-Ford Racing Brembo 6 Piston Front Brake Kit
-Baer Slotted and Drilled Front Rotors

Engine:

-Paxton Supercharger 'Beefcake Racing Stage 2 Kit'
-3.6" Pulley
-BV57 BOV
-ID1000 injectors
-NGK 6510
-Boundary OPG
-TSS Crank Sprocket
-ARP balancer bolt
-Custom 4.5" Bell Intercooler
-Watson Racing 70mm Custom Alloy Radiator
-Reische 170 Thermostat
-HP tuners N-Gauge
-S&B Breather Kit
-K&N Intake Filter
-Mishimoto Blue Coolant Hoses
-Trufiber Engine Cover Insert
-Trufiber Coil Covers
-Ford Racing Radiator Cover Panel

Remote Tuned by Rob Shoemaker.

Thats where I'm up to with things :cheers:

:ford:
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
SoCalTim

SoCalTim

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
So my new MMD Grille showed up this afternoon :D Quality looks good, heavier and more robust than I expected. It feels nice and solid, certainly no concerns as to whether this will hold up during high speed driving conditions.

Going to see if I can install it on the car tonight, hopefully I can make easy work of removing and reinstalling the front fascia.

Last edited:
OP
OP
SoCalTim

SoCalTim

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
MMD V Series Grille Install in Progress!

Happy to report that removing the front fascia was very straight forward. I opted to keep my front wheel on, and just jacked up the car to give me maximum clearance above the wheel. Worked just fine. Sorry for the dark photos, it was almost 2am whilst I was installing this.

Old VS New....:headbang:

[MENTION=10447]AMAlexLazarus[/MENTION]

I must be one of the first to have this grille installed?

Last edited:

Sponsored

OP
OP
SoCalTim

SoCalTim

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Quick photo of the finished grille install:

Last edited:

oesman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dmitry
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
That MMD grille looks great! I just got mine too (upper & lower), hoping to install this weekend. Was taking the factory grill out of the front fascia a pain? The instruction wording seems to brace you for a horrible experience.

OP
OP
SoCalTim

SoCalTim

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
That MMD grille looks great! I just got mine too (upper & lower), hoping to install this weekend. Was taking the factory grill out of the front fascia a pain? The instruction wording seems to brace you for a horrible experience.
Here is my advice:

-It would be a lot easier to put the front of the car on jack stands and remove both wheels. That way you can completely drop down the wheel liner and easily access the hidden bolt on each side. If you choose to keep the wheels on, be prepared to exercise a lot of patience :headband:

-When you have the bumper removed, take your time with removing the OEM grille. You could easily break the securing tabs, so just take your time to unclip it. I used a plastic pry tool to help me apply pressure to the fixing tabs to unclip them.

-Took me about 2.5 hours in total with me taking it easy and being careful.

:cheers:

oesman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dmitry
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Here is my advice:

-It would be a lot easier to put the front of the car on jack stands and remove both wheels. That way you can completely drop down the wheel liner and easily access the hidden bolt on each side. If you choose to keep the wheels on, be prepared to exercise a lot of patience :headband:

-When you have the bumper removed, take your time with removing the OEM grille. You could easily break the securing tabs, so just take your time to unclip it. I used a plastic pry tool to help me apply pressure to the fixing tabs to unclip them.

-Took me about 2.5 hours in total with me taking it easy and being careful.

:cheers:
Thanks, that helps and sounds like taking the wheels off is the way to go. I am going to be so paranoid with the tabs now. I do have a bunch of plastic trim prying tools so hopefully it won't be too bad.

OP
OP
SoCalTim

SoCalTim

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
My new Howler badge recently arrived :clap2:, and despite quality control issues I was pleasantly surprised with mine. I feel lucky to have received this after so many people have been left badge-less after months of waiting.

I like the Gothic look to the Antique Silver metal, and I think the black paint fill complements the OEM look that I am looking for.

I have an all black Howler badge from the first group buy last year that I am going to experiment with some custom paintwork on.

Here are some good comparison shots of Version 1 -VS- Version 2...

Going to prep my FRPP decklid and mount the new Howler badge today :D

Sponsored
OP
OP
SoCalTim

SoCalTim

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Took a better front shot of the new Grille.

Joey_H

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Mustang, 1982 Mustang GT
In all your photographs that DIB really pops! What an amazing color and you have a very nice car!

OP
OP
SoCalTim

SoCalTim

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
In all your photographs that DIB really pops! What an amazing color and you have a very nice car!
Thank you for the kind words! Much appreciated! :cheers:

OP
OP
SoCalTim

SoCalTim

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Stripped the paint off my spare Howler badge and polished/flattened the metal ready for me to give it a proper paint finish...

OP
OP
SoCalTim

SoCalTim

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
GT350 Track Pack Spoiler has Shipped! :headbang:

Ever since I got my car last year, I have been wanting to upgrade the trunk spoiler to something a bit more befitting of the cars performance. The stock blade spoiler is just too subtle for my taste, and so I have been on the lookout for an upgrade for quite some time now.​

When I first got the car, I was drawn to the Trufiber huge carbon fiber ducktail spoiler... their promotional photos on the DIB Stang looked wild, and with so much carbon-fiber sexiness...I was pretty sure I was going to save up and get that eventually. Over time, and with the introduction of many other options, I decided that it was perhaps a bit too wild. If I was running a 800hp blown motor then I think I'd be brave and go for it, but on a stock engined GT like mine, it just seemed overkill IMO.​

So, the Trufiber was out of the discussion. I'd seen Steedas SEMA car, and the Q750 spoiler looked pretty damn good. I enquired about it back in November, but was told it was going to be a few months before they were going to release production pieces...so I put that on the back burner as a 'maybe' for this spring.​

With the new Steeda spoiler being released just last week, I was ready to pull the trigger. Unpainted was initially advertised at the $480 mark, with no painted pricing released yet, which caused me to second guess pulling the trigger. I'm not a tight pocket, and don't mind paying extra for a quality product, but of course price is a factor when cross shopping parts. For practically the same money as the Q750 unpainted, I could get the HCM spoiler ready painted gloss black. I can say I would have been equally happy with either of those on my car, so I was swaying towards the HCM offering.

My hot list was as follows:

-HCM Track Pack Style ($300 unpainted)
-Carbon Dynamics Track Pack Style ($340 gloss carbon)
-Steeda Q750 (they now reduced the price from $480 to $440 unpainted)
-OEM Ford Track Pack (ended up costing me $422 shipped. Already gloss black)

I had always liked the GT350 Track Pack spoiler, but had checked out the pricing on Levittown Ford at north of $1600 and figured it was never going to be an option, hence I was looking into similar style options from aftermarket manufacturers .

I came close to buying the Carbon Dynamics version. But I just wasn't sure the side profile view was going to bug me, since it is a lot more vertical that the OEM. I was also not sure if gloss carbon might be a mistake on my car since I have zero other CF exterior parts. So that kept me from pulling the trigger.

The HCM version was looking like my best option. From BMC Customs it is $300, and comes unfinished. I wanted gloss black and they wanted $190 to spray it for me, so I was looking down the barrel of $500 all in. I was chewing that over until.....

I recently noticed some of the GT350 owners had discovered that the same OEM Track Pack spoiler could be ordered from the Ford Accessories Catalogue for $420, and came ready finished in gloss black. BOOM! .... But, with demand being so high for this newly discovered GT350 accessory, I was expecting to have a long wait before I could get my hands on one. Everyone who had recently placed an order for one of these had been told they were on backorder

Without going into detail, I was able to source one that was ready for immediate shipment. It shipped out yesterday :eyebulge: I am thoroughly pleased I waited before pulling the trigger on a spoiler...I think this is really going to set off the cars looks from the side and rear view! :cool:

Incase anyone is unsure which spoiler I am talking about, this is the GT350 Track Pack spoiler:​

And here it is on a GT350:​

As soon as it arrives after the weekend, I will be posting some install photos :clap2:​
Sponsored

Last edited: