SoCalTim

SoCalTim

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Sold : 15 GT
Looking sweet as hell, Tim. As usual !! So are you going for more boost and if so what's the plan?

(sorry, just read your post and I see that more boost is in your future)

Yep, boost will be going up next year. I was trying to keep the car at the 3.6" pulley for a little while to enjoy the car as it is, then I can turn it up when I get the itch for more. I'm planning to get some 1/4 mile runs out of her in the future, so am piecing things together gradually.

My suspension needs some work, so I'm putting my BMR CB005 kit on next. Got it sitting on my garage floor waiting to go on :)

After that, I'm thinking coil overs. Maybe RideTechs. Not sure.
Sponsored

cgreen5150

cgreen5150
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, Premium, PP, Recaros
Yep, boost will be going up next year. I was trying to keep the car at the 3.6" pulley for a little while to enjoy the car as it is, then I can turn it up when I get the itch for more. I'm planning to get some 1/4 mile runs out of her in the future, so am piecing things together gradually.

My suspension needs some work, so I'm putting my BMR CB005 kit on next. Got it sitting on my garage floor waiting to go on :)

After that, I'm thinking coil overs. Maybe RideTechs. Not sure.
I feel ya'. Hard NOT to get the itch for more, though. I'd be really interested to see your 1/4 mile times. Coil overs maybe, huh? Damn, I wish I was building mine as quick as you're building yours! Enjoy bud!:thumbsup:

OP
OP
SoCalTim

SoCalTim

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Discovered some issues with the clearcoat on my carbon fiber intake tube, which I'm trying to get resolved with a replacement from Vortech. Will hear back from them after the holiday weekend I suppose.

Which prompted me to yank the intake tube off and go a different route. I actually think it's worked out for the best, because I think the end result is a much cleaner looking set up, and creates so much more space around the engine on the drivers side. The filter I used in this install is a K&N, 4" inlet.

I will warn you, a fair amount of cutting is required to the radiator fan shroud, this is not plug and play swapping to this filter. For those of you who have done a Paxton/Vortech install, you will know you need to cut away the drivers side coolant tank mounting bracket on the top of the radiator fan shroud as part of the Paxton kit install. Well, to get this filter on you will need to remove about an inch deep of plastic along that whole area where the coolant tank would sit. Not that easy to do, as I had trouble getting my dremel in at the angle to reach the various ribs on the fan shroud. With some brute force and my Stanley knife, I was able to get it done. Cutting plastic with a dremel is real tricky to get clean edges because it melts as you cut, but overall I was happy with my work and looks like a decent job was done, not a hack job.

Keep in mind I also have the Watson Racing radiator, so I had even less clearance between the blower and fan shroud to work with. It 'just' fits, another 1/4" of filter length and it wouldn't have worked.

This was what it looked like before starting the extra modifications today:

And after I did some cutting to get the general square shape, about 1" deep in front of the blower mouth...

With the filter in place on the blower, you can see the challenge of fitment:

Looks like it has free'd up so much space in the engine bay, and I am very pleased with the end result.

Sponsored

OP
OP
SoCalTim

SoCalTim

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)

ahl395

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2006 Infiniti G35X
Awesome build all around!

That Paxton inlet looks great, makes so much more sense than the factory setup.

OP
OP
SoCalTim

SoCalTim

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Since most of my Procharger photos are still in photobucket and need to be re-uploaded at some point, here is a good comparison shot of my car with the 2 set ups I've had on my car this year. First pic taken in March 2017, and the second Nov 2017. Makes for a cool side by side pic of the 2 set ups :)

Procharger HO P1SC-1 and Paxton 2200SL ...

Last edited:

BlownOne

Horsepower Fiend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Anything with wheels
Looks much cleaner and proportionate with just the filter on the blower...I like the new look brotha! Side by side, I actually like the Paxton install over the Procharger, but probably because the pc wasn’t black lol.

Check out Specture’s website and their inverted cone filters...they make all different diameter/lengths and it gives you more surface area to let the blower suck more air with the same size filter. I use it on my turbo jet ski and on the intake I made for my blown s4.

OP
OP
SoCalTim

SoCalTim

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Looks much cleaner and proportionate with just the filter on the blower...I like the new look brotha! Side by side, I actually like the Paxton install over the Procharger, but probably because the pc wasn’t black lol.

Check out Specture’s website and their inverted cone filters...they make all different diameter/lengths and it gives you more surface area to let the blower suck more air with the same size filter. I use it on my turbo jet ski and on the intake I made for my blown s4.

Sweet...I'll check out those filters! :cheers:

Sponsored

cgreen5150

cgreen5150
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Hey Tim. Any updates ? I see you sold your wheels to another forum member. Just curious as to what wheels you got lined up.

OP
OP
SoCalTim

SoCalTim

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Hey Tim. Any updates ? I see you sold your wheels to another forum member. Just curious as to what wheels you got lined up.
Yep, the Project 6GR wheels are now on a fellow forum members beautiful red GT.

Not sure on my wheel plans yet. Got a few options and just figuring out which direction to go later this year. For now I’m sitting on stock 20” Foundry wheels, so am taking it real easy on the 265 width P Zeros with my paxton power :D

BlownOne

Horsepower Fiend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Anything with wheels

Not sure on my wheel plans yet. Got a few options and just figuring out which direction to go later this year. For now I’m sitting on stock 20” Foundry wheels, so am taking it real easy on the 265 width P Zeros with my paxton power :D
Be careful on the pzero ice skates brotha! What’s up with the pp2 wheels...aren’t you going to rock those? If not I’ll take em off your hands lol

cgreen5150

cgreen5150
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)

That should make for some easy tire melting fun! Actually probably makes for real delicate throttle modulation most of the time just so you don't sit there spinning. Thanks for the update Tim. Whatever you end up doing, I'm sure it will look killer as always! :thumbsup:

OP
OP
SoCalTim

SoCalTim

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Be careful on the pzero ice skates brotha! What’s up with the pp2 wheels...aren’t you going to rock those? If not I’ll take em off your hands lol
The PP2 wheels I bought on a whim, not sure if I'm keeping or selling them? I'll shoot you a PM if I decide to sell.

The P Zero's are certainly entertaining...I ended up almost completely sideways yesterday, giving it too much throttle out of a corner. They are coming off ASAP, and in the meantime I'm going to drive very chilled :lol:
Sponsored