Sponsored

What did you do to your GT350 today?

Nicky Pass

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Avalanche Gray GT350
Yeah, just can't decide whether to mess with the dealer or just fix them both myself
I had a radiator hose clamp break on my 2003 Terminator after 200 miles. The dealer fixed it and cracked the hood in the process. Get a typical hose clamp with the screw and be done.
Sponsored

Nicky Pass

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Avalanche Gray GT350
It was 64 degrees in Chicago today, so I got to take her out today for a 35-40 destinationless ride. The I gave her a proper cleaning and tucked her away for the winter. I like 4 seasons, but I wish I could drive this thing more! I forgot how awesome this car is...it sits for a week or two, then I get a chance to take her out and it’s all brand new again!

MrCincinnati

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
I live 30 minutes north of Toledo in Michigan, Bring it up and we can do both of them sometime. I put in a Steeda Tri Ax into my GT so know first hand how to get it done. No problem at all. :thumbsup:
I may take you up on this in the spring. Was quoted 6 hours at $100/hr locally. Cheaper to drive up, meet you, learn something, drink beer and leave some cabbage In your pocket.

altjx

GTFO_0036 | 1337 h4x3r
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.altonj.io
First Name
Alton J.
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red GT350
Broke down and got it towed again to the dealership today. One more tow to the dealership and I get a free tow. Almost there guys, almost there. About to reach platinum status. :headbang:

jvandy50

H3249
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
jason
Vehicle(s)
22 TRX, 18 ZL1-1LE
Broke down and got it towed again to the dealership today. One more tow to the dealership and I get a free tow. Almost there guys, almost there. About to reach platinum status. :headbang:
Lol damnit man...is this the new tranny giving you fits??

Sponsored

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible

I've got a brand new tranny in the box in the garage if it gets to that point.

picture.jpg

loco_GT350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red GT350
Vehicle Showcase
What happened?

Wriggly

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 Porsche 718 GTS
It was 64 degrees in Chicago today, so I got to take her out today for a 35-40 destinationless ride. The I gave her a proper cleaning and tucked her away for the winter. I like 4 seasons, but I wish I could drive this thing more! I forgot how awesome this car is...it sits for a week or two, then I get a chance to take her out and it’s all brand new again!
It's gonna be nice the next couple of days as well. Should never really "Put it away"

Got mine out today and dusted and detailed after I got home. It's in the garage, but ready to go on a moments notice. One nice thing about this time of year....No Bugs! :thumbsup:

altjx

GTFO_0036 | 1337 h4x3r
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.altonj.io
First Name
Alton J.
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red GT350
Lol damnit man...is this the new tranny giving you fits??
Nope, lol. Not yet at least. They "overnighted" the new transmission on Tuesday, but it's still not here. I guess the one-day holiday caused overnight shipping to mean 5 business days, lol. I hope they get this damn thing on Monday.

I've got a brand new tranny in the box in the garage if it gets to that point.
I feel like I need to stack up on transmissions too at this rate man. Gonna have to change it out every 20k miles. Lol.

What happened?
Long story short -- I had a lot of issues with the car after going WOT. It'd start surging, revving up in between gears, and even surging on deceleration. Eventually I lost 5th gear, and then the car started vibrating violently resulting in me having to get it towed on October 27th.

They thought they fixed the violent vibrating issue and let me take the car back home for Thanksgiving since the new transmission didn't come in just yet, and it broke down a mile away from home. Rather than trying to drive it back Wednesday evening, I figured I'd wait until Friday to creep it back to the dealership. However, a few blocks away it started vibrating like crazy again. This time, though, I couldn't start it back up to go anywhere. Just wouldn't move and eventually just stopped turning on after trying it one or two more times.

Could barely even push the car while it's in neutral and without an ebrake. All you hear is something (appears to be in the transmission) rubbing and scratching against something inside as you roll it. Just terrible.

Here's a URL to the thread I started about it: http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=90529

JAJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
So, today I put clear packing tape over the transmission cooler grille and went for a drive to warm the gearbox up with the Pentosin FFL-3 in it. Cold (50 degrees, so not very cold) shifting was the best I've had so far. As it warmed up, it started to show signs of "going off" where you get the sense that it might grind, but just it didn't do it this time at around 90F, but as it got warmer (up to 130F) it got better again. I still only have a handful of miles on it, so it's not for certain yet, but we may have a winner.
Following up again, I ran the FFL-3 up to over 50 degrees C (130F) and then let it cool overnight. Hopes dashed - once it cooled, it was really crunchy and not at all what I was hoping for.

Swapped the fluid to Pentosin ATF 1 LV, and the result was surprising. It was pretty good! This ATF is the Mercedes fluid and it is low viscosity and has different friction characteristics than north American ATF's. If this was all I could get, I'd be happy with it.

However, I'm not done yet. Today, just for laughs, I put Royal Purple Synchromax in the gearbox. I'm not sure why I did that - I've only used it once before and it was awful (in a BMW gearbox about a decade ago). Anyway, so far it's even better than Pentosin ATF 1 LV. Now that comes with a caveat - many fluids do well until they get properly warmed up, then the morning after when they're cold again, they crash. I'll find out in the morning.

If that doesn't work, I'll move on to trying ATF +4 (Mopar fluid) and a couple of different GL4 fluids that I've ordered on Amazon. This is kind of fun really - I'm sure there's a fluid out there that'll shift like a dream - I just have to find it.

Sponsored

Trackaholic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 350Z, 2016 GT350, 2018 Pacifica Hybrid
Nope, lol. Not yet at least. They "overnighted" the new transmission on Tuesday, but it's still not here. I guess the one-day holiday caused overnight shipping to mean 5 business days, lol. I hope they get this damn thing on Monday.

I feel like I need to stack up on transmissions too at this rate man. Gonna have to change it out every 20k miles. Lol.

Long story short -- I had a lot of issues with the car after going WOT. It'd start surging, revving up in between gears, and even surging on deceleration. Eventually I lost 5th gear, and then the car started vibrating violently resulting in me having to get it towed on October 27th.

They thought they fixed the violent vibrating issue and let me take the car back home for Thanksgiving since the new transmission didn't come in just yet, and it broke down a mile away from home. Rather than trying to drive it back Wednesday evening, I figured I'd wait until Friday to creep it back to the dealership. However, a few blocks away it started vibrating like crazy again. This time, though, I couldn't start it back up to go anywhere. Just wouldn't move and eventually just stopped turning on after trying it one or two more times.

Could barely even push the car while it's in neutral and without an ebrake. All you hear is something (appears to be in the transmission) rubbing and scratching against something inside as you roll it. Just terrible.

Here's a URL to the thread I started about it: http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=90529
I have this vague recollection of another owner having a screw back out of the transmission, and then rattling around in the bell housing and getting jammed between some parts, locking up the tires. I wonder if something similar could have happened to you?

Good luck with the repairs. Hopefully once you are clear of this hurdle the car will perform flawlessly!

-T

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
Following up again, I ran the FFL-3 up to over 50 degrees C (130F) and then let it cool overnight. Hopes dashed - once it cooled, it was really crunchy and not at all what I was hoping for.

Swapped the fluid to Pentosin ATF 1 LV, and the result was surprising. It was pretty good! This ATF is the Mercedes fluid and it is low viscosity and has different friction characteristics than north American ATF's. If this was all I could get, I'd be happy with it.

However, I'm not done yet. Today, just for laughs, I put Royal Purple Synchromax in the gearbox. I'm not sure why I did that - I've only used it once before and it was awful (in a BMW gearbox about a decade ago). Anyway, so far it's even better than Pentosin ATF 1 LV. Now that comes with a caveat - many fluids do well until they get properly warmed up, then the morning after when they're cold again, they crash. I'll find out in the morning.

If that doesn't work, I'll move on to trying ATF +4 (Mopar fluid) and a couple of different GL4 fluids that I've ordered on Amazon. This is kind of fun really - I'm sure there's a fluid out there that'll shift like a dream - I just have to find it.
Might want to give this long thread a read if you haven't seen it. Lots of guys say the "BG" makes a huge difference in the manual transmission. Sounds like some guys are running the BG in their GT350s.

http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=48679

http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1389700&highlight=GT350#post1389700

Last edited:

Wine dude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shadow Black GT 350
Picked her up after the full Steeda suspension upgrade and the mgw short shifter, wow already feel the difference, really tight, and less tram line, can’t wait to take her out Sunday for a more extended run

altjx

GTFO_0036 | 1337 h4x3r
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.altonj.io
First Name
Alton J.
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red GT350
I have this vague recollection of another owner having a screw back out of the transmission, and then rattling around in the bell housing and getting jammed between some parts, locking up the tires. I wonder if something similar could have happened to you?

Good luck with the repairs. Hopefully once you are clear of this hurdle the car will perform flawlessly!

-T
Hmm did it have anything to do with the vehicle speed sensor? A guy in Kansas had Ford engineers work with him for months and it turned out to be a nut, think it was called the tone ring I think.

Thanks a lot man!

PrISM

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jayson
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Been sick the past few days so just ordered some goodies for Black Friday and installed an Airaid filter.
IMG_20171125_131701.jpg
Sponsored