Sponsored

Has anyone purchased this rear seat delete kit?

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP

ronemca

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2016 P/EB w PP
It's basically a towel - shaped to roughly conform to the shape of the body - to hide the naked steel. Obviously no fold-down option, and anything heavier than a sandwich or a ball cap will likely pull it away from the plastic pins that hold it in place.

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
It's basically a towel - shaped to roughly conform to the shape of the body - to hide the naked steel. Obviously no fold-down option, and anything heavier than a sandwich or a ball cap will likely pull it away from the plastic pins that hold it in place.
:lol::lol::lol:

16Fastback

RMR 8985
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)
2016 Fastback , 2009 Ranger 4x4

Sponsored

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP

16Fastback

RMR 8985
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)
2016 Fastback , 2009 Ranger 4x4
Looks Good! Do you still have your template?

TJ @ Steeda was saying the manufacturer is coming out with a V.2 of that delete kit because there was a minor issue. It is very cool with the customizing options though...
When we built mine it was a lot of trial & error.kept cutting,sanding till we got the desired shape then covered it with rolled carpet.I probably didn't save on weight but I like the looks a whole lot better.

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
When we built mine it was a lot of trial & error.kept cutting,sanding till we got the desired shape then covered it with rolled carpet.I probably didn't save on weight but I like the looks a whole lot better.
Ahh, gotcha. Thanks man.:thumbsup:

ronemca

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2016 P/EB w PP
...I like the looks a whole lot better.
ME TOO! The $64K question is, are you able to re-create it (minus the trial & error part)? And - what's involved in folding it down? A catch of some sort? A bolt to be removed? Can you fold it down at the drop of a hat (or a seat) like the OE seat-back(s)?

Do you think the rear section could be split? I'm thinking that the upright panel doesn't need to be very thick/strong, and therefore could be split so as to retain the one-half-at-a-time folding function(?) But I don't know what it looks like behind there...and/or what mechanism you have deployed to secure it in the upright position.

But I know this:
With someone sitting in the front, that rear seat is completely ridiculous for "normal" use. Yeah - you can toss a bug-out bag back there, or a sweater, but certainly not a human. And anything that's rough...or dirty... or sharp? Nuh-uh. So it may as well come out and be replaced with a platform that can actually be used for real-world stuff. And if that also lightens the car a little? BONUS!
Sponsored

Last edited: