Another Edelbrock E-Force Supercharger Thread

al3x

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
I would go with the roush honestly. Roush is a proven SC and has a lot of room to grow. Last time that I checked, you can get a stage 1 roush kit for $6300 shipped.
I've heard the roush is not that easy to install but I'm not completely sure about that
Sponsored

evo8904

I'm a member???
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Luther
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ram 4x4
I've heard the roush is not that easy to install but I'm not completely sure about that
Yeah, that is true in regards to the install.

jgedde

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium PP, M6, Triple Yellow
Yes, heat rises, the top of the system is the hottest part. Also keep in mind, during heat soak (engine off), there is no water flowing so everything rises to the top. Idle your car for 5 minutes, what's hotter, below the motor or above it? Again, it's a nice system, but it shouldn't be touted as less heat soak.

As for a race car, we have plenty of race cars out there but 95% goes on daily driven street cars, that is our primary market and why we make the most power of any emissions legal system available. With Flight Control, customers can actually lower there power if ever needed.
Heat only rises in a gas (convection)... Heat soak due to heat absorption in a solid distributes in every direction (conduction) dictated only by the mass and thermal conductivity... So whether the source of the heat is above or below makes no difference unless the heat being supplied is reaching the object being heated by convection.

When the engine is running, air is circulating at a rate sufficient toprevent convection from having any significant effects.

The same thing for heat transfer by radiation... Direction doesn't matter...

Physics 101. No worries. I work with some mechanical engineers who insist heat rises in a solid... Heat actually doesn't rise... Hotter gases are less dense than cooler gases. As a result, the heated gases rise...

J

SVOBullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chad
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1 301A A10, Steeda Stop The Hop, Minimum drop springs, Pro action shocks and struts, UPR Vertical Links, spherical bearings, Steeda Xpipe , VMP Odin 88 MM pulley, Lund Tuned
Vehicle Showcase
What kind of SAE power do you get out of your 2300 Stage 1 systems?

It's hotter at the bottom of the valley of the motor next to the block rather than 8 inches north of it, don't you think?
Their system uses 2650 TVS

Sponsored

69mach1-395

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 RR GT/CS
Heat only rises in a gas (convection)... Heat soak due to heat absorption in a solid distributes in every direction (conduction) dictated only by the mass and thermal conductivity... So whether the source of the heat is above or below makes no difference unless the heat being supplied is reaching the object being heated by convection.

When the engine is running, air is circulating at a rate sufficient toprevent convection from having any significant effects.

The same thing for heat transfer by radiation... Direction doesn't matter...

Physics 101. No worries. I work with some mechanical engineers who insist heat rises in a solid... Heat actually doesn't rise... Hotter gases are less dense than cooler gases. As a result, the heated gases rise...

J
This message is approved by this retired mechanical engineer...but it's not physics 101 really, more like heat transfer 2xx.:cheers:

jayman33

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
15 PP
We're going to start our install hopefully next week, most likely 2 weeks from now. We'll be running ID1050's, BAP, TVS2650 and just about every pulley option depending on the fuel we run. I'm not so much worried about numbers as I am what this will do at the track. If there is a track open we'll be running the car on street tires then stickies.

Keep a look out, thanks to Edelbrock for allowing us to test this unit out. I'm sure with Lund Tuning this we'll be running 10's and hopefully 9's before you know it. We'll do everything in progression so everyone knows what it takes.

69Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT 5.0
We're going to start our install hopefully next week, most likely 2 weeks from now. We'll be running ID1050's, BAP, TVS2650 and just about every pulley option depending on the fuel we run. I'm not so much worried about numbers as I am what this will do at the track. If there is a track open we'll be running the car on street tires then stickies.

Keep a look out, thanks to Edelbrock for allowing us to test this unit out. I'm sure with Lund Tuning this we'll be running 10's and hopefully 9's before you know it. We'll do everything in progression so everyone knows what it takes.
Thanks for this. I am going to very interested to follow your results.

Whipple SC

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 5.0
Tested on our car, 2015 Auto, Kooks LT with cats, Borla S type, stock motor:

Whip G3 vs Edelbrock 2650
3.75" SCP vs 3.25" SCP
Same DW72lb Inj
Same calibration except change for Ford Racing throttle body (max size Edel can take)
Whipple 123mm MAF/venturi, 8" S&B filter
Same spark/advance (no knock)
MS109 fuel to eliminate variance from knock events
Whipple oversized heat exchanger/reservoir/pump

Run in 3rd gear on auto (4th hits dyno speed limit)
Whipple Auto_G3 vs Edel 2650_R3 1024.jpeg

Sponsored

69Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT 5.0
Can I ask a couple of rookie questions. I have not had much to do with dynos. I take it the blue is the Whipple? What does the bottom graph measure or show?

Edelbrock Tech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011, 2015 & 2018 Mustangs
Can I ask a couple of rookie questions. I have not had much to do with dynos. I take it the blue is the Whipple? What does the bottom graph measure or show?
The Blue line is the Whipple Supercharger and Red is the E-Force.

The graph on the bottom depicts manifold pressure or "boost."

Interestingly enough, the Whipple boost curve has a clear dip in it compared to the E-Force boost curve suggesting cam overlap (cam timing) between the two runs may have been different.

Hard to tell exactly what's going on without data logs though.

Whipple SC

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 5.0
Blue is Whipple Gen 3, standard SC pulley as shipped. Lower graph is manifold pressure/boost.

Calibrations are 100% identical for cam control, timing, commanded lambda, maf curve. The only difference is for the Ford Racing throttle body, which is has different electronics vs our version.

It took over 2psi MORE boost, 1/2" smaller SC pulley to get similar power and even then, it couldn't keep up. In fact, at higher RPM, its falling off.

5.oh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford white 5.0
Blue is Whipple Gen 3, standard SC pulley as shipped. Lower graph is manifold pressure/boost.

Calibrations are 100% identical for cam control, timing, commanded lambda, maf curve. The only difference is for the Ford Racing throttle body, which is has different electronics vs our version.

It took over 2psi MORE boost, 1/2" smaller SC pulley to get similar power and even then, it couldn't keep up. In fact, at higher RPM, its falling off.
Isn't the edelbrock a smaller blower?

Whipple SC

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 5.0
The Blue line is the Whipple Supercharger and Red is the E-Force.

The graph on the bottom depicts manifold pressure or "boost."

Interestingly enough, the Whipple boost curve has a clear dip in it compared to the E-Force boost curve suggesting cam overlap (cam timing) between the two runs may have been different.

Hard to tell exactly what's going on without data logs though.
Identical Cam scheduling.

No dip, the spike is in fact the torque converter slipping for a moment. It normalizes after tip-in. The boost number shown is exactly what nearly every customer gets with all the kits shipped. Since our mule has near 500 dyno pulls, we know exactly what it does.

3.25" on the E-Force is as shipped and sold.
Sponsored