Sponsored

focus

joez3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mustang
Does anyone know of a web site like this that deals with Focus? We were thinking of buy one. We rented one with a auto, nice little car. But the trans acted weird, sometimes when starting off from a dead stop the car felt like it was a manual trans and the clutch was slipping or chattering. Is this normal?
Thanks,
Sponsored

angermgmt14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium--Oxford White--A6
Just search "Ford focus forum" You should come up with a few.

ISHLISS

Chevy & Ford Enthusiast
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Camaro LT1
The trans in those is absolute junk. We have done 200+ clutch replacement recalls on those and they still haven't fixed them! Stay away unless you like frequent dealer visits.

TNcoupe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
I have an ST as a DD and the manual trans seems good. I had a 2012 with the DCT and I could get it in a terrible state of confusion in the wet. Tires slipping plus traction control plus trans not knowing when to shift would basically just shut it down for a second.

Sponsored

Big Boss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda6
Unless you are getting an ST or one with a traditional manual stay away. The transmission is a piece of junk. I have one, it has been in for service for the transmission I believe 7 or 8 times off the top of my head. 3 of which for the "new" clutch packs

Deleted member 35644

Buy one....with a manual transmission. There are SO many people getting new clutch packs, computer re-flashes, and in some cases, entire transmissions, just to have it happen all over again. I had a 2012 briefly. It didn't take long for it to start displaying some bizarre behavior, so I traded it for an ST...the car I should've bought to begin with.
The SelectShift transmission is defective on two fronts....mechanically, and electronically. Input seals, clutches, and the code to control the transmission are all bad, and have been since 2012. This, and Sync are what brought Ford down off the #1 spot with JD Power.
Sponsored