Sponsored

2017 Blk/Blk Base Gt Procharger F1A Build...

OP
OP
BlownOne

BlownOne

Horsepower Fiend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Anything with wheels
I received my Blowfish Racing firewall and intake plugs so I finally get that contraption out of the way. The 10mm nut takes some patience but with a few 1/4" extensions and a universal, it will happen. Juts need to use a deep 10mm to get the party started and once it starts to bind, swap to a shallow 10mm to finish it off. Then I added some breather filters my buddy gave me and used 5/8" vacuum caps to plug the valley and intake tube.

Also I plasti dipped my dash trim yesterday, but I didn't take any pictures along the way. Trim comes off with a little muscle and you are bound to lose atleast one clip doing it. Two 7mm bolts are hiding under the driver side and center lower plastic trim so you have to pop them off first. A/c ducts pop out and so does the light control switch. Strung them up with bailing wire and hit them with 4 or so light coats followed with 2-3 medium for complete smooth coverage.
IMG_1690.JPG
IMG_1691.JPG
IMG_1692.JPG
IMG_1693.JPG
IMG_1694.JPG
Sponsored

Braski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Traded 2015 Blk GT Prem PP on 2019 Corvette GS 2LT M7
Vehicle Showcase
Looking good! Your mods are definitely going quicker than mine. I had my car almost 2 1/2 years and I'm just now getting springs, axles and a bmr/steeda IRS overhaul. I would have a spoiler on by now but gave up after receiving 3 spoilers from 2 different vendors that had some quality issues. Who did you order yours from? Looking forward to seeing your twins!

OP
OP
BlownOne

BlownOne

Horsepower Fiend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Anything with wheels
Looking good! Your mods are definitely going quicker than mine. I had my car almost 2 1/2 years and I'm just now getting springs, axles and a bmr/steeda IRS overhaul. I would have a spoiler on by now but gave up after receiving 3 spoilers from 2 different vendors that had some quality issues. Who did you order yours from? Looking forward to seeing your twins!
Thanks brotha! Yea I have extreme OCD when it comes to my cars and I can't leave anything alone lol. I already have all the suspension parts (steeda sways, springs, vert links, etc) in my garage awaiting install once my buddy gets some free time. I ordered my spoiler from Autonation and the pricing was great, but they didn't package it that well so I ended up with two little scuff marks during shipping.

I actually need to change my thread title as I've decided to buy my buddies f1a setup for now since that'll max out my stock motor and he's looking to do twins on his built motor to turn it up so it works out for both of us. I already ordered everything else for that too lol

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks brotha! Yea I have extreme OCD when it comes to my cars and I can't leave anything alone lol. I already have all the suspension parts (steeda sways, springs, vert links, etc) in my garage awaiting install once my buddy gets some free time. I ordered my spoiler from Autonation and the pricing was great, but they didn't package it that well so I ended up with two little scuff marks during shipping.

I actually need to change my thread title as I've decided to buy my buddies f1a setup for now since that'll max out my stock motor and he's looking to do twins on his built motor to turn it up so it works out for both of us. I already ordered everything else for that too lol
Would love to hear your feedback once you get them installed - will be on the lookout!

TJ

Sponsored

OP
OP
BlownOne

BlownOne

Horsepower Fiend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Anything with wheels
I will post some pics and and feedback for sure tj! My buddy's car has the same setup and that thing is on rails!

OP
OP
BlownOne

BlownOne

Horsepower Fiend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Anything with wheels
Took the car to my favorite local wash/hand wax spot for its first treatment...car turned out great as usual!
IMG_1754.JPG
IMG_1755.JPG
IMG_1751.JPG
IMG_1753.JPG
IMG_1752.JPG

OP
OP
BlownOne

BlownOne

Horsepower Fiend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Anything with wheels
My new custom satin black shift knob from WhiteMadness arrived! Even tho it wasn't an off the shelf color, they got it out to me pretty quick and the quality is awesome. Much cleaner than the tall factory auto shifter. Also while I had the shifter apart I plasti dipped the chrome trim bezel to tie it in better. The last pic is a test fit so the bezel isn't clipped all the way down.
IMG_1776.JPG
IMG_1777.JPG
IMG_1778.JPG
IMG_1780.JPG
IMG_1779.JPG

wireeater

Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2019 Mustang GT Premium+ PP 6spd
Nice build man, you move fast hehe. I did all my modding within the first few months now I've gone idle because I've gone broke LOL. Looking forward to following your build.

OP
OP
BlownOne

BlownOne

Horsepower Fiend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Anything with wheels
Nice build man, you move fast hehe. I did all my modding within the first few months now I've gone idle because I've gone broke LOL. Looking forward to following your build.
Appreaciate it brotha! Yea I can't stand stock cars so I tend to expedite the modding process lol. I've actually ordered everything needed for the build and it's sitting in a pile in my garage, but I figured I would post pics as I install everything instead of parts in boxes hahaha. Oh and I'm right along with ya on broke street...the addiction is real :lol:

Sponsored
OP
OP
BlownOne

BlownOne

Horsepower Fiend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Anything with wheels
Finally made some progress on my car yesterday! We got the car way up on 12 ton stands and yanked the rear cradle. Tore it down, cut out the old rubber/metal cradle bushings, pressed out the lower control arm bushings, knuckle bearings, then drilled the front/rear diff mounts for through bolts. Had to hit Ace hardware to find some 5" 9/16 bolts for the front of the diff since that was a last minute the decision. Pressed all the spherical bearings in the lower control arms and knuckles and then started re assembling everything. Knocked the Delrin inserts into the cradle, tossed in the steeda springs and put it back in the car. Decided it's going to stay on stands and I'm going to keep moving forward with the rest of my build so it won't touch the ground until it's finished. Huge thanks to my buddy Brian for coming out to help, wouldn't have been possible without him.
IMG_1829.JPG
IMG_1830.JPG
IMG_1831.JPG
IMG_1832.JPG
IMG_1833.JPG

OP
OP
BlownOne

BlownOne

Horsepower Fiend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Anything with wheels
Got the rest of the rear put back together today. Put on the Steeda rear sway (full stiff), removed and cut the rear bump stops 1", then tossed on the struts, rotors and calipers. Moving on to the front suspension tomorrow as I still need to swap the Steeda front sway in and yank the front struts to put the lowering springs on. Making progress slowly, but it'll get done soon enough!
IMG_1863.JPG

OP
OP
BlownOne

BlownOne

Horsepower Fiend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Anything with wheels
So I got the front suspension torn down and swapped the Steeda swaybar in. Still need to remove the springs, cut the bump stops, drop the Steeda linear springs in and put it back together.

Also, I received my Beith Performance custom steering wheel today so I installed it even tho my car isn't going anywhere for a few weeks lol. It came well packaged and is made with high quality material. I was updated during the build process and it was delivered within the given timerframe. Steering wheel feels great just pretending to drive so I'm sure it will be great once I really need to hold on to it lol
IMG_1931.JPG
IMG_1932.JPG
IMG_1933.JPG

Last edited:
OP
OP
BlownOne

BlownOne

Horsepower Fiend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Anything with wheels
YES! Looks superb installed! :headbang:

Thanks for trusting us to make your custom steering wheel build :)
Thanks Tim, it turned out perfect!! :cool:

A nice Alcantara contoured steering wheel really changes the driving experience for the better, plus it gives the interior more of a racecar look/feel. For just a little more coin than a gt350 wheel, I would highly recommend getting a custom sport wheel from Beith Perfromace made exactly how you want it!
Sponsored