CEHollier

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charles
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium Magnetic
Vehicle Showcase
What is the best way to depressurize the fuel system ti change injectors?
Thank you,
CH
Sponsored

db252

Equinsu Ocha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT Premium/PP/Nav
Lift the back seat cushion, disconnect fuel pump electrical connection on drivers side (canā€™t miss it), start car and it will stall. Reconnect everything and system is depressurized till your next start.

ahl395

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2006 Infiniti G35X
You can also pull the fuse in the fuse box under the hood, which is a bit easier.

Then of course start it and it will die. At that point the lines have no pressure. Remember it will still drip and be in the fuel rail when you remove it though.

FIVE_LITER

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT PP Competition Orange
Wrap a rag around the fuel rail fitting and disconnect it...

OP
OP
CEHollier

CEHollier

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charles
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium Magnetic
Vehicle Showcase
Thank you gentlemen. Will this cause it to throw a code?

Last edited:

Sponsored

Kinjirra

I R Slow
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
16 Ruby Red GT W/PP, 401a
Vehicle Showcase
I suggest after it dies the first time you try to start it a few more times...we have a high pressure system so it wont fire if it drops too low but it may still have pressure. Also keep it unhooked until your ready to start it back up... Better safe then sorry right

OP
OP
CEHollier

CEHollier

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charles
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium Magnetic
Vehicle Showcase
Thank all for the helpful responses. I think pulling fuse 49 and cranking several times will be the easiest way to purge the line.

Xander33

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jake
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10
Reviving for stupid question. I have my interior completely removed for an audio install and to have all the dash trim and chrome rings painted. Because of this, all electronics are out, start button etc. I figured I may as well do my CJ swap, fuel rails etc while the car is apart, but now I have a dilemma...canā€™t depressurize the fuel system the traditional way to get the injectors out and rails off. Any ideas gentlemen??

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Reviving for stupid question. I have my interior completely removed for an audio install and to have all the dash trim and chrome rings painted. Because of this, all electronics are out, start button etc. I figured I may as well do my CJ swap, fuel rails etc while the car is apart, but now I have a dilemma...canā€™t depressurize the fuel system the traditional way to get the injectors out and rails off. Any ideas gentlemen??
When I disconnected the fuel line at the rails on my 2019 Bullitt for my nitrous install, I didnā€™t have to do anything special and no fuel sprayed out at all. The car had sat for a couple weeks prior to me disconnecting the fitting. I did have shop rags in place just in case, but they werenā€™t needed.

Sponsored

Xander33

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jake
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10
When I disconnected the fuel line at the rails on my 2019 Bullitt for my nitrous install, I didnā€™t have to do anything special and no fuel sprayed out at all. The car had sat for a couple weeks prior to me disconnecting the fitting. I did have shop rags in place just in case, but they werenā€™t needed.
Awesome! Mines been sitting for weeks. Iā€™m going to head out there and start pulling it apart. Thanks!

Brian@BMVK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT - Sold
Awesome! Mines been sitting for weeks. Iā€™m going to head out there and start pulling it apart. Thanks!
If it's been sitting it will have lost pressure and bled back to the tank. Some will drip out but not spray.

V8_MOTOR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY17 S550 Mustang GT (EURO)
You can also pull the fuse in the fuse box under the hood, which is a bit easier.

Then of course start it and it will die. At that point the lines have no pressure. Remember it will still drip and be in the fuel rail when you remove it though.
This. Close thread šŸ¤˜šŸ½
Sponsored