Sponsored

EASY TRAN & DIFF COOLER FOR TRACK DAYS

cking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17GT350AG/BS-MGW/UPR/ABLIP
Use a cold can in spare hole put pumps there also, no coolers to mount easy line routing, just add ice every time you fill up, let pumps run for cool down between sessions. Might be cheaper also.
Sponsored

OP
OP

cking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ice can wiith 2 circuits $400

Few minutes searching found this
ice.jpg

rb92gt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Cooled Tech
Well, that's an idea. Not sure I would call it easy though. Seems easier to me to add FP coolers, lines, pump and be done with it, forever, without having to add ice. This is also meant for drag racing, to cool during and after 10 second passes (or less). During a 20min track session the ice may be gone in a minute, who knows.

Demonic

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Austin
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
Those are designed for cooling the intake air on drag cars. They only need to cool from when you drop the ice in until you get the car off the line. They're meant to be very very temporary - as rb92gt said, a 10 second pass or less. The moment that ice melts they will start adding heat soak. It's a glorified temporary version of a water to air intercooler - for intake air, not transmission fluids.

Sponsored

OP
OP

cking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
its an idea, seems putting radiator up front all the parts brackets, same with diff is a lot of work and expensive. This would be 4 lines to the drain fill ports one switched wire some holes in trunk done. maybe there is not enough thermal capacity in the ice. I'm just thinking how small the cooling coil in a radiator is for a automatic tyranny. If somebody made the trunk kit for you would be done in 2 hours and no shop full tools. my guess there is enough cool in 3/5 gallons of ice water to make 30 minutes on the track and not boil. Hell I'll bet there will ice left over. What need is some spec on BTU removal on the air radiator FP uses then we can get idea of output from tyranny. Remember the latent heat of water to do phase change is very large. Even if boiled the water the temp would be ok for tyranny oil. Limp comes on at 293'F. Remember they trying to cool air and air is hard to get heat out of. I was watching street racers and they were making multiple runs without a change in the water. I don't we talking that many BTU's coming from friction heat.

Last edited:

Minn19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
19 ZL1 1LE, 19 F150, 19 SB S5
I don't see there being any easy or cheap solution for the tech/base GT350s for a cooling solution. As they say, there is no free lunch. I just don't see scoops or things like this being a viable longterm fix. I think you just need to bite the bullet and install real coolers or trade it in for a track pack, 17 or R. Those are the only real way to fix the overheating problems if you wan to track the car or are afraid of the car going limp on hot days in certain conditions.

OP
OP

cking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Anybody here design heat exchangers?
Sponsored