Sponsored

Steeda Fixed Valved Pro-Action Shocks & Struts (2015-2019)

bbudman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Buddy
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Got everything installed today. Honestly it was a pretty straightforward installation. The most difficult part of the installation was knocking the spline studs out of the front struts and removing the rear springs after dropping the IRS sub frame. Thankfully a 4 LB hammer encouraged the studs to come out and my next door neighbor came over and helped with pushing down the suspension in the rear so I could pop out the springs.

Sadly I didn't get to take it around the block. By the time I finished it was pouring down rain and storming. Anyway, the setup consist of Steeda Progressive Sport Springs, Steeda Pro Action Struts and Shocks, and Steeda Camber plates. The Steeda rear shock mounts were on back order and will get installed later when they come in. The car also has the Steeda G Trac brace, IRS alignment kit, IRS bushing supports, and IRS Sub Frame Support Braces. I've got to schedule an alignment as I can tell the toe is out. The Steeda Camber plates are sweet. Should make dialing in the front a piece of cake. Hopefully the back won't be a problem but I can address it if necessary.

Now a couple of photos. Sorry I'm in the garage and photos are with an I Phone. Would love to get some in better lighting.
IMG_0776.jpg
IMG_0780.jpg
Sponsored

OP
OP
tj@steeda

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
We'll let you slide on the photos, lol, what a heck of a garage!

Bswor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
69 coupe, 06 saleen clone, 15 gt
Installed the non adjustable shock in the rear of the car with the bumpstop kit. The factory bump stops look like toys compared to the steeda kit. The shocks took the remaining mushy/bouncy feel out of the car. They seem like a great improvement over the stock shocks.

A week prior I installed the steeda progressive lowering springs and bmr cradle lockout. The springs eliminated the body roll issue in corners on the street but with the factory shocks the bounce was there and less controlled.

I recommend them. I might do the fronts in the future as well.

Dear steeda please include a revised printout with your bumpstop kit when ordering with these shocks/springs. The printout doesn't mention the correct information about which bumpstop to use with progressive springs and others. The current printout recommends only using half of the rear kit but your website says to use both bumpstops in the rear aka the taller version.

Last edited:
OP
OP
tj@steeda

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Appreciate the feedback, if only the others would listed to you & the rest of this thread :)

TJ

BeauxXL1200

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ralph
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP Ruby Red

Sponsored

OP
OP
tj@steeda

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Here is a video providing a brief overview, with installation:

[ame="[MEDIA=youtube]nJWMtYuOAtI[/MEDIA]"]

Happy to help if you have any questions?

TJ

BeauxXL1200

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ralph
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP Ruby Red

bbudman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Buddy
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Thought I would update since I got to take the vehicle out yesterday afternoon and again this morning to drive around a bit and allow the suspension to settle. My current suspension modifications consist of the following:
Steeda G Trac Brace
Steeda IRS Sub Frame Bushing Supports and Alignment Kit
Steeda IRS Sub Frame Braces
Steeda Sport Progressive Springs
Steeda Pro Action Non Adjustable Shocks and Struts
Steeda Camber Plates
Steeda Bump Stops
"On The Way, Steeda Rear Shock Mounts"

I have not had the vehicle aligned but I did adjust the front camber plates and currently front camber is -1.6. Rear is reading -2.2 left rear and -2.5 right rear. I did not attempt any adjustments in the rear since I will be getting it aligned this week.

Impressions:
It is a totally different car! One of the very first things I noticed is the car feels more planted, especially on the bumpy back road just off from my subdivision. Before the car felt as if it would bounce over each and every bump and now it feels as if it is gliding over them. Yes, you still feel the bumps in the road but the feeling is firmer and solid instead of bouncy!

Next I headed over to one of my favorite curvy back roads and did a little spirited driving through the curves. Night and day difference. This road also has quite a few bumpy spots including the curvy sections. The car felt much more planted and stable through the curves. Accelerating out of the curves the rear end of the car was much more stable and predictable. Before when I would drive through this section of road and would come through the curves the car would hit the bumps and the rear end would bounce over the bumps and felt as if the rear end was moving around. Almost as if the tires were loosing grip with the road. As I said before you feel the bump but it is more of a solid feeling and no longer does it feel as if the rear end is lifting.

Another point I would like to make is how the car feels when accelerating and braking. No longer does the car feel as if it is squatting and nose diving under heavy acceleration and braking. Overall I am very impressed with the improvements. I have used Steeda Progressive Springs on a previous generation Mustang and although it was an improvement, I feel that the struts and shocks were a worthwhile investment that has taken the car to the next level. My opinion is that this should be one of the first modifications a Mustang owner should make especially if they are considering more power down the road! :cheers:

Last edited:

jbailer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Magnetic Premium PP 50AP
That's awesome! I'd recommend taking the instructions for adjusting the rear camber with you unless you know for certain they know how to adjust it on this car. Myself and many others have had alignments done and they leave the rear camber untouched. It's a PITA and a little time consuming but there is adjustability there. Glad you're enjoying the car!

Thought I would update since I got to take the vehicle out yesterday afternoon and again this morning to drive around a bit and allow the suspension to settle. My current suspension modifications consist of the following:
Steeda G Trac Brace
Steeda Camber Plates
Steeda Bump Stops

I have not had the vehicle aligned but I did adjust the front camber plates and currently front camber is -1.6. Rear is reading -2.2 left rear and -2.5 right rear. I did not attempt any adjustments in the rear since I will be getting it aligned this week.

Impressions:
It is a totally different car! One of the very first things I noticed is the car feels more planted, especially on the bumpy back road just off from my subdivision. Before the car felt as if it would bounce over each and every bump and now it feels as if it is gliding over them. Yes, you still feel the bumps in the road but the feeling is firmer and solid instead of bouncy!

Nest I headed over to one of my favorite curvy back roads and did a little spirited driving through the curves. Night and day difference. This road also has quite a few bumpy spots including the curvy sections. The car felt much more planted and stable through the curves. Accelerating out of the curves the rear end of the car was much more stable and predictable. Before when I would drive through this section of road and would come through the curves the car would hit the bumps and the rear end would bounce over the bumps and felt as if the rear end was moving around. Almost as if the tires were loosing grip with the road. As I said before you feel the bump but it is more of a solid feeling and no longer does it feel as if the rear end is lifting.

Another point I would like to make is how the car feels when accelerating and braking. No longer does the car feel as if it is squatting and nose diving under heavy acceleration and braking. Overall I am very impressed with the improvements. I have used Steeda Progressive Springs on a previous generation Mustang and although it was an improvement, I feel that the struts and shocks were a worthwhile investment that has taken the car to the next level. My opinion is that this should be once of the first modifications a Mustang owner should make especially if they are considering more power down the road! :cheers:

OP
OP
tj@steeda

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Steeda G Trac Brace
Steeda Camber Plates
Steeda Bump Stops

Impressions:

Next I headed over to one of my favorite curvy back roads and did a little spirited driving through the curves. Night and day difference. This road also has quite a few bumpy spots including the curvy sections. The car felt much more planted and stable through the curves. Accelerating out of the curves the rear end of the car was much more stable and predictable. Before when I would drive through this section of road and would come through the curves the car would hit the bumps and the rear end would bounce over the bumps and felt as if the rear end was moving around. Almost as if the tires were loosing grip with the road. As I said before you feel the bump but it is more of a solid feeling and no longer does it feel as if the rear end is lifting.

Another point I would like to make is how the car feels when accelerating and braking. No longer does the car feel as if it is squatting and nose diving under heavy acceleration and braking. Overall I am very impressed with the improvements. I have used Steeda Progressive Springs on a previous generation Mustang and although it was an improvement, I feel that the struts and shocks were a worthwhile investment that has taken the car to the next level. My opinion is that this should be one of the first modifications a Mustang owner should make especially if they are considering more power down the road! :cheers:
Glad to have you part of Team Steeda & you feel the Steeda Difference!

We look forward to your build & reviews as you add to your ride!

Many thanks :cheers:

TJ

Sponsored

tampasnake

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT350R
I see the spring rates best suited for these listed on the first page, but I haven't found what my spring rates are. I have the steeda sport linears installed on my car. 555-8208 Would these be an improvement over stock? I really don't have "bounce" now.

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
It's not so much "bounce" as much as reduced harshness over bumps while keeping the tire on the ground that improved dampers give you - helps you take advantage of the lowered and stiffer spring while mitigating the trade-offs. If you're happy, stay happy and don't change the dampers, but the Steeda Fixed dampers are a winner and make the car more BMW-like - that firm but not crashy experience.

OP
OP
tj@steeda

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Responding to your p.m. now!

Tj

Bswor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
69 coupe, 06 saleen clone, 15 gt
It's not so much "bounce" as much as reduced harshness over bumps while keeping the tire on the ground that improved dampers give you - helps you take advantage of the lowered and stiffer spring while mitigating the trade-offs. If you're happy, stay happy and don't change the dampers, but the Steeda Fixed dampers are a winner and make the car more BMW-like - that firm but not crashy experience.
Well said. I only changed mine to solve the bounce problem on our harsh roads here. At normal speeds I didn't notice any bounce.

OP
OP
tj@steeda

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase