A/C Evaporator Factory Defect

chriswolf63

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2017 GMC SLT Premium Plus 4x4
Only 8k miles on my 2016 PP GT. I have an appointment for Monday morning at the dealer, and of course the tech on the phone said they've never heard of any evaporator issue, and not to trust anything you read on the internet. [roll eyes] It's going to be 109 degrees tomorrow and slightly less on Friday. Yay!
Find out who you spoke to about your car. Have them call my dealer. Their information is on the invoice that I attached in an earlier post. They will certainly be able to get him up to speed on this real issue.
Sponsored

surfs1st

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 RR GT
Got my car back yesterday from the evap repair. The glove box was damaged during the install, so they had to order a new one of those.

The worst part is my dash sounds like it has a canary trapped inside it. Every time you hit a bump it chirps, to say its irritating is an understatement.:(

That's not to say the dash was ever really quiet, but this takes it to a whole new level.

I just don't know if I have it in me to take it back and have them track down the chirp.

On the upside, the AC works now, which is a plus.

usgiorgi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C6 Z06
Definitely take it back and have them fix it again. F that. They didn't give it back like you gave it to them. They need to track it down and fix it.

chriswolf63

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Got my car back yesterday from the evap repair. The glove box was damaged during the install, so they had to order a new one of those.

The worst part is my dash sounds like it has a canary trapped inside it. Every time you hit a bump it chirps, to say its irritating is an understatement.:(

That's not to say the dash was ever really quiet, but this takes it to a whole new level.

I just don't know if I have it in me to take it back and have them track down the chirp.

On the upside, the AC works now, which is a plus.
OOOH Yeah... Take it back.... I know it sucks for you, but it's best that they get all the problems fixed before the warranty expires. I'd go straight to the Service Manager. If you get no love, call the Ford Customer Service number in your owner's manual...

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
A 2017 miraculous little beast
^^^ That! I would take it back to them immediately and have them fix everything.

Sponsored

DontKnowMe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I had my evap core replace last year (after about 6 weeks) and now it feels like it's not working again. I guess I'll be back at Ford for July 4th weekend again.

chriswolf63

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
I had my evap core replace last year (after about 6 weeks) and now it feels like it's not working again. I guess I'll be back at Ford for July 4th weekend again.
Please keep us updated. I've read at least one post where the evap core had to be replaced 2 times. OMG I pray that is not the case!!!

GuardDog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Gaurd GTPP
Well I just joined the club. 27k miles on my 2016 gt pp and evap is dead. My buddy works at a dealer in Tampa and he says he sees them all the time. Service rep assured me they have a new and improved part but it is a very common failure from the factory. They are supplying a loaner and it should be done Monday. Crossing my fingers the new part is actually improved.

Drewbo

WTF?
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Fastback 6MT DIB
Vehicle Showcase
Add me to the list.

:thumbdown:

Driver's side vents are pumping out slightly cool (but mostly warm) air on dual LO setting whilst the passenger side vents are blowing freezing air. The centre most vent on the dash is 50/50.

Curiously, the driver's seat is still cooling as well as it ever has (unlike others, my cooled seats have always functioned reasonably).

Might hold off on getting this fixed for a while - not keen on having the dash pulled until they get a little more practice.

7600km and 14 months old.

surfs1st

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 RR GT
Definitely take it back and have them fix it again. F that. They didn't give it back like you gave it to them. They need to track it down and fix it.
I enjoyed my mustang, but the constant issues and dealer trips were becoming tiresome. My warranty was nearing its end, and I couldn't justify purchasing an extended warranty to offset poor engineering choices by Ford.

On top of that, my wife hatted driving it when I took her truck so I traded it in this weekend on a BMW 330i.

I'll miss the looks I got driving my mustang around, and the raw power, but I won't miss the uncertainty from month to month of what may break, and dealing with the Ford dealership.

Sponsored

Asharus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Angelo
Vehicle(s)
2018 Challenger Scat Pack
domestic car dealerships are terrible. enjoy the bimmer. even though its not as iconic, or quick as the mustang, at least it comes with a 4 year 50k mi warranty AND maintenance, more importantly, it comes with stellar service from the service dept.

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
A 2017 miraculous little beast
Enjoy the new car.

Just FYI, if you guys complain about the inefficiencies of the Ford dealers in the US, can you imagine the quality of service we get for our cars in Europe?... At least I managed to get a 5-year warranty for my car, but even with this in hand I am afraid that if I ever have to take my car in for a serious problem, they will keep it for months... They are completely inexperienced and the lack of spare parts is terrible.

Asharus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Angelo
Vehicle(s)
2018 Challenger Scat Pack
yeah i can't imagine how it is over there...

DontKnowMe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Now I have this shit going on...

[ame]

There was more of coming out before I started recording