Sponsored

Installed dca57 but some questions

livewire2003

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ruby Red Mustang GT
So I installed the carbon fiber trufiber spoiler.

I have a concern and a question. They included 5 of these plastic tabs? With a little eyelet in the middle. I'll post a picture in a little but no clue what they do.

Second. How do I protect my car from this spoiler? It's carbon fiber bolted straight to the trunk with no adhesive to hold it and keep the spoiler from marring the paint. There's also no way to prevent water coming in to the car.

So do I go and get an adhesive tape or do I use a sealant? If so. Which sealant
Sponsored

SoCalTim

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Sold : 15 GT
The American Muscle install video mentions the use of 3M tape and the supplied hardware that is included. (As well as a template for anyone who has a spoiler delete trunk with no factory spoiler holes).

A photo of the plastic tabs would be useful, not sure what they are. I know the spoiler has a removable gurney flap, so perhaps it is related to having that installed.

As far as ensuring no paint marring when mounting the wing, a few strips of thin 3M double sided body/trim adhesive tape will ensure no direct contact between the carbon and paintwork. Getting the thin profile tape will ensure very minimal gap once the wing is bolted down to the trunk.

Hope that input helps!

:)

OP
OP

livewire2003

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ruby Red Mustang GT
The American Muscle install video mentions the use of 3M tape and the supplied hardware that is included. (As well as a template for anyone who has a spoiler delete trunk with no factory spoiler holes).

A photo of the plastic tabs would be useful, not sure what they are. I know the spoiler has a removable gurney flap, so perhaps it is related to having that installed.

As far as ensuring no paint marring when mounting the wing, a few strips of thin 3M double sided body/trim adhesive tape will ensure no direct contact between the carbon and paintwork. Getting the thin profile tape will ensure very minimal gap once the wing is bolted down to the trunk.

Hope that input helps!

:)
Here's the tabs.
https://imgur.com/a/9z4BB

Thanks for the input!

draconis123

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
Here's the tabs.
https://imgur.com/a/9z4BB

Thanks for the input!
Those tabs are for drilling into the bumper if you didn't have a stock spoiler. They go into the holes on the spoiler. Then you place it and tape them down and use a center punch to mark the holes.

TLDR: You don't need them.
Sponsored