Sponsored

Finally a Pic that makes the 2018 Look Amazing

DoubleX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Ford Mustang GT
Have to admit, I have hated the 2018 overall, but seeing that picture today I loved it.
Sponsored

trippleyelo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford f250 turbo diesel and 2016 mustang svo
I hate it still. Probably because I own a 2016. Hey, at least I'm honest. :cheers:
I would have to agree with you not a fan of the front end but I like the heat extractor locations and some of the new rims..

2016 also:ford:

TheReaper

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Vehicle(s)
2018 Shadow Black GT
Why buy an 18 when you can wait and buy a 19. The 19 will be a better car.:D

Sponsored

dvs73

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2015 PP/GT
Vehicle Showcase
i dig it as it sits. obviously the "lesser" GT's and ECO's will not look like this with there less aggressive front ends and wimpy'er wheels. This version does look sexy as hell, coming from a '15 PP/GT owner.

Five Oh Brian

Mustang Guru
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.KorumFord.com
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
11 GT500 Glass Roof Coupe
kbrbcn6eykmzeimo6vnm.jpg

Up until now I have not been a fan of the new look. This picture makes me want to crash my car into a tree and get a 2018. Not a fan of the color red either, but god damn am I getting "excited."
I love the stance with the PP2. Not a Race Red fan, but that '18 looks awesome! Can't wait to see the 18's in person!

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2018 Camaro 2SS (EU)
The PP2 pics look really great, but they are all shot from and low angle. The problem I have is a more higher angle (as if you stand right next to the car) where the flat hood makes the frontend look too soft. I get that people love the new look, I think with mods you can really make a beast out of it. But from seeing the car I live I just think the MY2015 Looks just a bit more muscle and consistent in terms of styling.

sublimaze

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium
Since my first comment got buried (it must have crushed a moderator's feelings), I will say this:

Red (and black) makes any vehicle look good

The first company to offer a decent looking aftermarket front end will make a killing

CCCP1999

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
CHAS
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Looks good to me. That is my 2nd fav looking car.

Sponsored

TNcoupe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
I felt the same way with the 15's I still need to see it in person, I think it will look good lowered, grille and chin. so all new front end :doh:
[MENTION=16488]Marvelous D S550[/MENTION] I think you will like it in person. I didnt care for it in pics and then I saw it in the Ford booth at the Daytona 500 this year and it looks way better in person than pics. I like the new lowered hood and the front end looks more aerodynamic. The only think I dont care for is the tail lights.

Monopoly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2012 Civic Si
PP2 seems like it'll have quite an aggressive stance to it. Just not in red :D

Kevin08

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
19GT
The PP2 look is literally just a regular Mustang with proper wheels and ride height (something that can be achieved with almost zero effort). The tacked on splitter-on-splitter doesn't really do anything to help it and actually looks pretty out of place sitting under the normal PP splitter. The "now the PP2 looks awesome but the regular one still looks bad" comments are laughably silly.

Kevin08

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
19GT
A lovely car, looks like an '18 Mustang. However that splitter on splitter would annoy me. It's just a strange arrangement that looks like a teenager has tacked it on rather than FMC.
I imagine the process went something like this:

"Hey Bob, we need some down-force on the front of this car. Will the PP splitter work?"

"No Bubba, the PP splitter actually does nothing, it's just for show."

"Tarnations, how are we gonna get some downforce for the prototype then?"

"We can just 3D Print a plastic fin and bolt it to the bottom of the PP splitter to extend it out far enough to be functional. Test the car like that and once the specs are dialed in we can shape a new purdy splitter to go on the front"

"Good plan Bob."

----- after prototyping and approaching release deadline -----

"Hey Bob! Do you remember how we just added a plastic fin to the bottom of the PP splitter? One of the VPs saw that and asked if that's the final design - did we have time to.."

"No Bubba we ain't had time to model a new splitter yet, when is the release?"

"VP pushed it up to mid October because they heard that internet forum users are getting anxious about our lack of announcements"

"We aren't gonna have time to model, test, and finalize a splitter by then, Bubba."

"Well damn Bob, damn. Go ahead and push the 3D printed fin to production then, we'll pass it off as looking like a 'race-expedient' design."

"Good plan Bubba."
Sponsored