Sponsored

Do you experience vibration and rumbling between 50 and 70 mph?

• Total voters

MikeD1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Dealer submitted hotline request to Ford to see what they would like them to do. Stated the foreman felt a small vibration so this is the action they are to take. Everyone at service department very nice to deal with, so we will see what Ford has to say.
If you're using Elder in Tampa, they have no clue how to fix these & neither did their assigned FSE. Mine sat for 84 days and all they managed to do was 'lose' the 2 rear mud flaps, get the car filthy & smelling like the inside of an oil drum.

I recommend you get out your FL Lemon Law booklet and start reading .................
Sponsored

codemanstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Prem
I been casually looking around for a Manual GT to replace my auto. I drove a few manuals and only 1 out of the 5 didint have the noise/vibration thing at 70+. Some of the cars were so smooth then at 70, you hear it right away. Its crazy all the cars right at 70. The only one that didint was a 17 gt manual with everything on it (out of my budget).

Holding off until i find a smooth one.

hlh1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10
But I understand they can start vibrating in the future even if it's smooth now. :-)

codemanstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Prem
yeah i seen that as well.

Idk, i kinda think just keep it for another year or two, then something else. That dosnt vibrate. lol

CtheProducer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium | 3.55 rear |
If you're using Elder in Tampa, they have no clue how to fix these & neither did their assigned FSE. Mine sat for 84 days and all they managed to do was 'lose' the 2 rear mud flaps, get the car filthy & smelling like the inside of an oil drum.

I recommend you get out your FL Lemon Law booklet and start reading .................
Oh I was reading wayyyyyy back when you were going though everything you did. I used to go to Elder as that was where I got the Roush F-150 from, but after everything I had read, I decided to take it to where I purchased, Brandon Ford.

Still no updates. Going to contact them again after work and also start getting a little more in depth on the Lemon Law stuff. I'll get with the BBB as well so the service department at least knows there is a running clock to get back to me.

Sponsored

Chameleon

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ebay.com
Vehicle(s)
03' Cobra, 05' GT, 13' GT, 15' GT
This is what the dealership should do. Just replacing the driveshaft doesn’t always work because the imbalance can be in other parts of the driveline.
Check it out. It’s pretty cool.
Great video.

Sick03L

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB Mustang Premium Automagic
I put one clamp on mine.. kept rotating it 1/2" until it felt like was almost gone then when it got worse I turned it back to the best spot. I eliminated 95% of it, if not all of it. Thought about adding a 2nd clamp but I see no need at this point. Nobody would ever know it did it now. I did it on jack stands in the garage. My drive shaft was replaced as well prior to me fixing it myself. It's a full assembly balance issue. So some get lucky with a DS or Rear replacement but the reality is that's just luck. Clamp balance it yourself and be done with it!!!

shelbywannabe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2016 Black Mustang GT PP
I put one clamp on mine.. kept rotating it 1/2" until it felt like was almost gone then when it got worse I turned it back to the best spot. I eliminated 95% of it, if not all of it. Thought about adding a 2nd clamp but I see no need at this point. Nobody would ever know it did it now. I did it on jack stands in the garage. My drive shaft was replaced as well prior to me fixing it myself. It's a full assembly balance issue. So some get lucky with a DS or Rear replacement but the reality is that's just luck. Clamp balance it yourself and be done with it!!!
Where did you put the clamp ? I will give it a try for the next week and see if I can make it any better
Thanks

Sick03L

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB Mustang Premium Automagic
Where did you put the clamp ? I will give it a try for the next week and see if I can make it any better
Thanks
Very tail of the DS.. it will work. You may need 2 then spread them out like in the video. When you get it up in stands you will feel it shake. Just keep turning it until it feels all gone or all but gone. That's it. You'll love your car again.

Sponsored

CtheProducer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
And your able to get to all speeds without it showing back up? I may have to play with this some more as I am still waiting for Ford to respond to the dealer.

BBB Auto line has responded, so I am getting all the paperwork to them for the case to move forward.

shelbywannabe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2016 Black Mustang GT PP
And your able to get to all speeds without it showing back up? I may have to play with this some more as I am still waiting for Ford to respond to the dealer.

BBB Auto line has responded, so I am getting all the paperwork to them for the case to move forward.
Are you going to Lemon Law it ?

CtheProducer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Are you going to Lemon Law it ?
If Ford does nothing then yes, I am going to have to as I am not going to have it go out of warranty cause I "fixed" it myself. Aggravating cause I have MODs sitting in my garage I'm ready to get on with installing.

In the long run I plan on doing a Whipple, so a lot of these components would need upgrading for more strength, but I do not want to have to replace larger items that may have been effected by all this vibe going on with the drivetrain.

At first I thought about just starting to replace all the components for the additional power in the future, but I did not want to start spending cash only to find a larger issue, Then be way out of pocket and no warranty on a car with 3K miles on it......

shelbywannabe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2016 Black Mustang GT PP
If Ford does nothing then yes, I am going to have to as I am not going to have it go out of warranty cause I "fixed" it myself. Aggravating cause I have MODs sitting in my garage I'm ready to get on with installing.

In the long run I plan on doing a Whipple, so a lot of these components would need upgrading for more strength, but I do not want to have to replace larger items that may have been effected by all this vibe going on with the drivetrain.

At first I thought about just starting to replace all the components for the additional power in the future, but I did not want to start spending cash only to find a larger issue, Then be way out of pocket and no warranty on a car with 3K miles on it......
I am in the same boat you are, mine vibrates and they have worked on it extensively and the dealer gave me the car back and said they dont know what to do.

NothernVAMustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT white
I went to the dealer today and they swapped my mrr gt350 wheels with stock wheels off a new mustang. I drove the car with the shop foreman and there wasnt any vibration, I didnt noticed anything more than just the road. What do you guys think? Could it be wrong with my wheels? I balanced them 3 weeks ago
Sponsored