CJ Pony Parts

CJ Pony Parts

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cjponyparts.com
Vehicle(s)
A large variety of Mustangs across all generations
I have the stainless power o/r headers with a performance connect that connects up to 3 inch solo performance cat-back. I cannot stand the rasp that is produced from this setup so I am looking into this to take care of some of it. Is there anything you would recommend that would to neck down my headers to work with this system? Or have the come out with a 3 in/out for this setup yet?
I would recommend contacting stainless works/stainless power and picking up a set of the pipes that utilize the factory connection point. This way everything can remain a bolt-on process at that spot. But that still will not solve the 3" out. From the sounds of it, you would have to have a competent exhaust shop modify everything to fit.

We have no plans of releasing this with a 3" in/out.
Sponsored

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
Me too. I hated having to take my 3" H-Pipe off to put in a 2.5" choke point. However, it did solve my noise volume issues.

-CMY
Good to know. I got a noise issue that has to be resolved before the start of next season. Do you know how many decibels you dropped by chance?

TIA

Sponsored

Camp6329

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
Me too. I hated having to take my 3" H-Pipe off to put in a 2.5" choke point. However, it did solve my noise volume issues.

-CMY
Yeah thats what I was trying to avoid. Are you running any kind of axle back with it?

FordMustacheGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang GT
I just installed the SLP Loudmouth II axle backs with the stock resonator. I want it to sound similar to the setups with x pipes (slight rasp at the higher rpms, more "open") and I want to get rid of the bit of drone around 2000 rpm. Ideally I'd like to keep the volume pretty close to what it is right now.

Will I get the sound I'm looking for by adding this resonated x-pipe?

Sponsored
OP
OP
CJ Pony Parts

CJ Pony Parts

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cjponyparts.com
Vehicle(s)
A large variety of Mustangs across all generations
I just installed the SLP Loudmouth II axle backs with the stock resonator. I want it to sound similar to the setups with x pipes (slight rasp at the higher rpms, more "open") and I want to get rid of the bit of drone around 2000 rpm. Ideally I'd like to keep the volume pretty close to what it is right now.

Will I get the sound I'm looking for by adding this resonated x-pipe?
Although we haven't tested that exact combination, this sounds as though it would work perfectly for what you're looking for. We have sold a ton of these with nothing but positive feedback on many different combinations that customers have thrown at this. We basically designed this with the hopes of accomplishing exactly what you are setting out to achieve.

SNOOPY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 S550
Read this whole thread today, good info. Tired now. Lol

SNOOPY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 S550
[MENTION=10281]BmacIL[/MENTION]

Sorry for the old quotes. :(

looking for a setup with longtubes to factory connects, to a 3" cat back. not the sound, but how much of the magnaflow did you have to cut, and were you able to use the 2.5" to 3" adaptors that came with your 3" exhaust? guess the easy question is can it be cut and clamped or must it be welded on a 3" system?
The best scenario to use this muffler with a 3" catback is to buy a Magnaflow 11386, have it welded it with a step up adapter to 3".
Actually that is an X internally. The 11386 (what I have and I am certain is the muffler in this kit) is smaller and also an internal X. The 12468 is 4" longer and an inch wider so it would be as quiet as the stock resonator, possibly quieter.

https://www.magnaflow.com/products?partNumber=12468
https://www.magnaflow.com/products?partNumber=11386

I know it was mentioned that the Magnaflow 12468 was a touch quieter because it is bigger, which I’m fine with since going to headers and high flow cats, but would like to know thoughts on a Magnaflow 12469 ?

It is 5x8x 18 L like the 12468, but it is 3” straight through. Also, would the 5x8 be really tight compared to the 4x9?

Not sure what size the factory part is since mine is long gone.

I understand also this isn’t a direct bolt in like the nice CJ Pony part and would require fitting/welding.

Thanks for any thoughts.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
[MENTION=10281]BmacIL[/MENTION]

Sorry for the old quotes. :(

I know it was mentioned that the Magnaflow 12468 was a touch quieter because it is bigger, which I’m fine with since going to headers and high flow cats, but would like to know thoughts on a Magnaflow 12469 ?

It is 5x8x 18 L like the 12468, but it is 3” straight through. Also, would the 5x8 be really tight compared to the 4x9?

Not sure what size the factory part is since mine is long gone.

I understand also this isn’t a direct bolt in like the nice CJ Pony part and would require fitting/welding.

Thanks for any thoughts.
According to Magnaflow's site, it is a double Y pipe instead of a TruX. If true, it would definitely flow worse. Do you need 3"?

SNOOPY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 S550
According to Magnaflow's site, it is a double Y pipe instead of a TruX. If true, it would definitely flow worse. Do you need 3"?

Oops, didn’t see that. :(

Just from reading I’m hearing there is a substantial loss going from 3” to 2.5” back to 3”.

Just not sure what substantial is. Lol

I’m not a race car driver looking for every bit, but don’t want to do the wrong thing here.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.