Sponsored

GT350R Springs, BMR cb005, and Koni installed.

2015Etrac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2016 Mustang GT Premium 401a
Finally got around to getting down to my friends shop and having these put on. Car sits perfect IMO and handling is MUCH better. I still need to get an alignment tomorrow but I'm very happy. I went with both front and rear GT350R springs. They all fit great. I'll have better pics tomorrow, we just finished up and it was dark out.
mustang1.JPG
mustang2.JPG
mustang3.JPG
Sponsored

OP
OP
2015Etrac

2015Etrac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Forgot to add. The front was .6" lower after the install, the rear was less of a drop. I believe it was .2" lower.

808muscle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium Whipple, 2006 GT Blown and cammed
Looks good. The bmr parts really got rid of the wheel hop on my car. Well spent money IMO.

OP
OP
2015Etrac

2015Etrac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Looks good. The bmr parts really got rid of the wheel hop on my car. Well spent money IMO.
I'm looking forward to it. I left the car at the shop since I'm taking it to get an alignment tomorrow, then I can test it out. My friend who's shop I was at took it out for a test drive, he said it handles significantly better now. I don't know much about suspensions and handling so I let him do the test drive since he works on high end sports cars all the time and is a Mustang guy. I'm sure even I'll notice a huge difference over stock though, especially since mine had the regular GT suspension, not the PP.

808muscle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium Whipple, 2006 GT Blown and cammed
Yeah you will notice it for sure. Its gonna feel great.

Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
I'm looking forward to it. I left the car at the shop since I'm taking it to get an alignment tomorrow, then I can test it out. My friend who's shop I was at took it out for a test drive, he said it handles significantly better now. I don't know much about suspensions and handling so I let him do the test drive since he works on high end sports cars all the time and is a Mustang guy. I'm sure even I'll notice a huge difference over stock though, especially since mine had the regular GT suspension, not the PP.
Compared to the base suspension it's hard to compare. Huge upgrade. Congrats on getting it installed! Did you clock the bushings? My front settled just a little after doing that (maybe 1/8").

OP
OP
2015Etrac

2015Etrac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Compared to the base suspension it's hard to compare. Huge upgrade. Congrats on getting it installed! Did you clock the bushings? My front settled just a little after doing that (maybe 1/8").
Thank's. I've had most of the parts sitting in my garage since last Nov. and then I ran into the issue on that final rear spring which was back-ordered for months. It's nice to finally have it installed. No, is clocking recommended? We did cut the bump stops down some.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Thank's. I've had most of the parts sitting in my garage since last Nov. and then I ran into the issue on that final rear spring which was back-ordered for months. It's nice to finally have it installed. No, is clocking recommended? We did cut the bump stops down some.
Yes definitely clock all the control arm points. My car rode better afterwards too.

ansibe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP, Recaros, Koni Yellow, 350r springs.
Hi guys,

I've had my 'GT350r' setup installed for about a month now, around 1000km. Pretty much the same setup as etrac, but I'm on 19" wheels, and coming from a PP.

The car is certainly stiffer, but more compliant. In my experience, Konis 'break in' for the first 1000km or so, and the initial harshness goes away. It doesn't make a lot of sense to me, but that's what I feel. Maybe it's seal stiction reducing?

As far as spring rates go, I still feel like it's over-sprung slightly at the rear. I'll try adding a little more rebound damping to settle it. All my Fords feel like this to me (2011 s197, and my RS is ridiculous). Maybe it's the Mustang's drag racing past haunting it. Still, it feels quite balanced in corners. I haven't been out to the track yet, but in my goofy parking lot grand prix it seems to push gently, then transition to oversteer with a bit of throttle. Feels about right to me, but we'll see what characteristic dominates at the track.

CB005 had a much bigger effect than I expected. It really helped bump compliance, and settles the back end. It's a really worthwhile mod even if you're not concerned about wheel hop. The jacking points are great too.

BMR Tech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bmrsuspension.com
First Name
Dion
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT, 2010 GT500, 2019 F-150 5.0
CB005 is the best "bang for the buck" modification for the S550's IRS. Followed by the $70 Ford Performance M-5A460-M Toe Bearing.

Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Hi guys,

I've had my 'GT350r' setup installed for about a month now, around 1000km. Pretty much the same setup as etrac, but I'm on 19" wheels, and coming from a PP.

The car is certainly stiffer, but more compliant. In my experience, Konis 'break in' for the first 1000km or so, and the initial harshness goes away. It doesn't make a lot of sense to me, but that's what I feel. Maybe it's seal stiction reducing?

As far as spring rates go, I still feel like it's over-sprung slightly at the rear. I'll try adding a little more rebound damping to settle it. All my Fords feel like this to me (2011 s197, and my RS is ridiculous). Maybe it's the Mustang's drag racing past haunting it. Still, it feels quite balanced in corners. I haven't been out to the track yet, but in my goofy parking lot grand prix it seems to push gently, then transition to oversteer with a bit of throttle. Feels about right to me, but we'll see what characteristic dominates at the track.

CB005 had a much bigger effect than I expected. It really helped bump compliance, and settles the back end. It's a really worthwhile mod even if you're not concerned about wheel hop. The jacking points are great too.
Have you done the billet rear shock mounts? My car felt oversprung at the rear as well until I installed. Big improvement.

Agreed on the CB005. It makes the rear of the car feel way more solid and connected.

ansibe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP, Recaros, Koni Yellow, 350r springs.
Have you done the billet rear shock mounts? My car felt oversprung at the rear as well until I installed. Big improvement.
Agreed on the CB005. It makes the rear of the car feel way more solid and connected.
No, the billet rear shock mounts and Toe Bearings are on my list of must do mods. Right now I'm saving my money for gas, tires, brakes, and entry fees! Honestly, for $250 I think i'd be better off with MM camber plates than rear shock mounts ... I could be wrong about that, I can tell you're very impressed with the mounts.

Everyone seems to ignore the front end, is it really that good? Steering feel ain't the greatest!

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
No, the billet rear shock mounts and Toe Bearings are on my list of must do mods. Right now I'm saving my money for gas, tires, brakes, and entry fees! Honestly, for $250 I think i'd be better off with MM camber plates than rear shock mounts ... I could be wrong about that, I can tell you're very impressed with the mounts.

Everyone seems to ignore the front end, is it really that good? Steering feel ain't the greatest!
They're $200. Honestly I think they're quite valuable. The rear of the car gains a lot of compliance and control. Most of this car's vices are at the rear and this fixes a big one (shocks being bound up and making the rubber in the stock mounts take up the role of damping in most low displacement events...a role they do poorly). My car is at -1.5 L and R for front camber, which is a decent balance for occasional autocross/track but mostly daily driving. I will get camber plates at some point, though.

Changing your scrub radius does a lot for steering feel. When I went to the 19x9.5 wheels I gained a ton more feel and some weight. Hub-centric spacers on the PP wheels will do similar. The one downside is a bit more tramlining.

Last edited:

mindys

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mindaugas
Vehicle(s)
2020 VW GTI SE
Awesome! I have the GT350R springs sitting in my garage and have CB005 installed on my car. Just need to get the rear shock mounts and new shocks... which will probably be the adjustable Pro-Actions. Looks great :)

OP
OP
2015Etrac

2015Etrac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hi guys,

Thank's for the info. I set my Konis at 50% right now. I'm about to pick it up and try it out for the first time. I can't wait. :D I'm curious to see how it handles at the track as well.
Sponsored