Corsa xtreme sagging

5.0_Tyler

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tyler
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
Had an exhaust shop install my Corsa xtreme. As soon as I picked it up the driver side muffler was sagging. A week later I jacked the car up and loosened the clamp bolting the x pipe to the muffler, pushed it all the way up, and then tightened it down. This fixed the sagging and fitment for about 2 weeks. Noticed today the left muffler is sagging down again and touching the inner part of the valance. I dont know what is causing this. My car has eibach sportlines so the ride is a little stiffer than stock so the exhaust might be moving around more but that doesn't justify it sagging every two weeks. Not too sure why it's happened so that's why I am here and looking for input. I don't want to just jack it up and fix it, just for it to sag two weeks later
Sponsored

I <3 Boost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP 10 Speed Automatic
Mine does the same thing on the drivers side. Installed with 73 miles on the car and has sagged on the drivers side since. The passenger side fits perfectly. I have tried fixing this issue several times with no luck.

shelbywannabe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2016 Black Mustang GT PP
How tight are you tightening the clamp. I realized mine were nowhere near tight enough and I tightened them down really tight this last time and they are staying in place this time.

Popo5ohh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 gt
Mine losen up after first 100 miles or so. Took all bolts and nuts off. Put medium lock tite on threads havent had a issue since

Wally

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Challenger Scat Pack
Same issue with my Corsa sport. Only on the drivers side as well. I remember one guy here had someone heat the hanger rod enough to bend it which fixed the problem.

Sponsored

csmaan12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT, Oxford White
Probably will sag regardless of what adjustments are made unless you mess with the hangers as mentioned already.

Best bet is to have a decent shop adjust it so it doesn't sag, and then weld it. You could leave the clamps where the resonator used to be so you can still remove the exhaust if you ever need to.

Another thing you could do is see if you can get a polyurethane exhaust hanger on the side that is sagging, those are a much harder material than the regular rubber ones and it will tighten up your exhaust where it's sagging.

My personal favorite method though is putting a hose clamp around the stock hangers and tightening it up until the height is correct. It's a little ghetto, but it worked great on my last car and it never loosened or sagged after almost 8 months of having an exhaust on it. I'm talking about the rear most hangers by the way that the mufflers slip in to. This is at most $5 to do if you don't have clamps to fit around the rubber hangers and end up having to buy some.

Wally

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Probably will sag regardless of what adjustments are made unless you mess with the hangers as mentioned already.

Best bet is to have a decent shop adjust it so it doesn't sag, and then weld it. You could leave the clamps where the resonator used to be so you can still remove the exhaust if you ever need to.

Another thing you could do is see if you can get a polyurethane exhaust hanger on the side that is sagging, those are a much harder material than the regular rubber ones and it will tighten up your exhaust where it's sagging.

My personal favorite method though is putting a hose clamp around the stock hangers and tightening it up until the height is correct. It's a little ghetto, but it worked great on my last car and it never loosened or sagged after almost 8 months of having an exhaust on it. I'm talking about the rear most hangers by the way that the mufflers slip in to.
You didn't get any rattling from that? Sounds like a nice easy fix.

csmaan12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You didn't get any rattling from that? Sounds like a nice easy fix.
None at all, it was on a Mazdaspeed 3 with a full 3 inch turbo back exhaust, and it had the same type of piping we have on these cars where the pipes slip into each other and get clamped as well as the traditional flange/gasket piping near the mufflers. Never got rattling from the hanger, or the rest of the exhaust.

I think this limits the movement of the exhaust where it sags, enough to where it won't move enough to loosen/sag/rattle again. I had it setup like this for about 8 months before I parted out and had 0 issue.

I'm going to do it to my Mustang today because my passenger side sags as well after putting on the SLP LM2 axle back. I'll try and snap some pics if I end up being successful.

Wally

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None at all, it was on a Mazdaspeed 3 with a full 3 inch turbo back exhaust, and it had the same type of piping we have on these cars where the pipes slip into each other and get clamped as well as the traditional flange/gasket piping near the mufflers. Never got rattling from the hanger, or the rest of the exhaust.

I think this limits the movement of the exhaust where it sags, enough to where it won't move enough to loosen/sag/rattle again. I had it setup like this for about 8 months before I parted out and had 0 issue.

I'm going to do it to my Mustang today because my passenger side sags as well after putting on the SLP LM2 axle back. I'll try and snap some pics if I end up being successful.
Thanks, pics would be great if great if you can. I'm tired of looking at my lopsided exhaust.

NJ3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Oxford White GT
Are your clamps close to the end of the expanded pipes? Like this.

Sponsored

csmaan12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks, pics would be great if great if you can. I'm tired of looking at my lopsided exhaust.
Ok here's an update. I tried with the hose clamp, but I expected the exhaust hangers to be different rather than the bolt on type with a bushing. I did get it to bring up the exhaust a tiny bit, but I felt like I was going to cut into the bushing...and the clamp exploded from being tightened to the max basically.

So $5 method does not seem to work. I'm going to try something else though in just a few minutes and will once again report back.

Here's an update.

c7sja.jpg

I just took a rigid vacuum hose, split it down the middle and just smashed it into the bushing of the hanger, obviously you want the hose to be under the metal muffler hanger. It helped a little bit better than the hose clamp, but it's still off by 1/4" from the other side. Temporarily this will work especially if you find a thicker hose. Not sure how long it will kast before the hose flies out but seems to be ok.

Otherwise probably best to have a shop adjust/weld and call it a day. I'm not sure they sell stiffer exhaust hangers for these cars I haven't looked but that's still something to consider.

Last edited:

2015 Silver GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GT Premium
I used a heavy duty wire tie up where the hanger is to pull the muffler up. It worked for me and you couldn't see the tie unless you were looking up from underneath.

CEHollier

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charles
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium Magnetic
Vehicle Showcase
Man that's crazy. Mine were self installed and fit like a glove.

OP
OP

5.0_Tyler

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tyler
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
Yes the clamps are near the edge of where they slip into eachother. IS the issue with the sagging the actual hangar, and rubber part? i thought it was the pipes sliding and twisting where they are clamped. If the issue is the hangar i can hone in and try to fix it

EcoSwag1990

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Triple Yellow GT
The issue is with the pipes twisting and sliding out of place when the clamps get loose over time not the hangars. I think using some lock Tite and tightening things down is all u need
Sponsored