Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'22 Mach 1, '16 F-150, '14 Fiesta ST, '14 Audi A7
BRING BACK GRABBER BLUE!

Do you think there's any way to convince FORD to keep the grabber blue? I'm buying a 2018, and GB is my first choice, second is race red, which is probably what I'll wind up with. The new orange looks like a school bus...IMO. Both GM & Chrysler have some stand out colors, but it seems FORD is going in a different direction....:shrug:
I'm pretty sure Fury will be a stand out. From pictures, I'd say it's not close at all to School Bus Yellow which was available on the Boss 302 and was very true to the name. They cycle through colors. Grabber will be back someday, but I'm sure the GT350 will be very done by then.

mustangforums-editor-albums-2013-boss-302-school-bus-yellow-picture48007-a.jpg

icormba

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Jeep SRT8 / GT350R / FocusRS
Today I pulled up to a light in my AG 'R, and opposite me at the light was a Grabber Blue with white stripe GT350. It's interesting to think there's a Grabber Blue GT350 lurking in our town of 30,000.
What town of 30k is that?

OP
OP

ORGTANG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pinto
I'm pretty sure Fury will be a stand out. From pictures, I'd say it's not close at all to School Bus Yellow which was available on the Boss 302 and was very true to the name. They cycle through colors. Grabber will be back someday, but I'm sure the GT350 will be very done by then.

mustangforums-editor-albums-2013-boss-302-school-bus-yellow-picture48007-a.jpg

Good looking car. You have to try hard to make a Mustang look bad. They look great in just about any color. I haven't ruled out the orange fury yet. That with Black OTTS would pop. I saw the sample at the dealer in the sun light. It has a fine flake. Time will tell. Just wish we knew what's going on with the 18MY. There's a delay for some reason...??? :confused:

Sponsored

OP
OP

ORGTANG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pinto
Thanks!...I think they have one with black stripes also. They want about 10k over. I wont do that when I can get an '18 under MSRP. The only reason is that I've purchased a bunch of trucks from the dealer. I think these dealers that are trying to get over MSRP for the non R will start coming back down to earth soon. There's too many of them out with more coming and the '18's are just around the corner.

likeaboss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Corvette Z51
Thanks!...I think they have one with black stripes also. They want about 10k over. I wont do that when I can get an '18 under MSRP. The only reason is that I've purchased a bunch of trucks from the dealer. I think these dealers that are trying to get over MSRP for the non R will start coming back down to earth soon. There's too many of them out with more coming and the '18's are just around the corner.
You should be able to talk them down to MSRP if you're ready to buy before the end of the month. The other Koons locations have let their cars go for MSRP lately.

OP
OP

ORGTANG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pinto
You should be able to talk them down to MSRP if you're ready to buy before the end of the month. The other Koons locations have let their cars go for MSRP lately.
THANKS!....I may do that. I'd call, set up an appointment, and bring MSRP in my pocket....take it, or leave it. ;)

mattlqx

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Good looking car. You have to try hard to make a Mustang look bad. They look great in just about any color. I haven't ruled out the orange fury yet. That with Black OTTS would pop. I saw the sample at the dealer in the sun light. It has a fine flake. Time will tell. Just wish we knew what's going on with the 18MY. There's a delay for some reason...??? :confused:
They started MY17 production fairly early. It's a refresh year this year so that shuts down the line for a little while. We'll probably see "normal" September arrivals for MY18.

OP
OP

ORGTANG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pinto
They started MY17 production fairly early. It's a refresh year this year so that shuts down the line for a little while. We'll probably see "normal" September arrivals for MY18.
What do you mean by a refresh year?

Sponsored

mattlqx

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
The 2018 Mustang has some different parts and that requires some "retraining" so the line shuts down for a little while. Even though the GT350 has no changes, they're still built on the same line as the plain jane Mustangs.

OP
OP

ORGTANG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pinto
The 2018 Mustang has some different parts and that requires some "retraining" so the line shuts down for a little while. Even though the GT350 has no changes, they're still built on the same line as the plain jane Mustangs.
Makes since. Seems like they would incorporate some of those changes into the GT350 for cost reasons that may roll over into a GT500...??? Has Ford officially announced that there will be no changes? My local dealers have zero information other than paying the 1K to be qualified for an allotment. I don't want to go out and get a '17 and find out there's been changes to the'18 and pay the same money. I can wait. :confused:

Relak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350 - Oxford White
I'm pretty sure I was the first to get MSRP from these guys on my '17. They were adamant at 10k over but I walked out and they called me back in 5 mins later. With the guy before me having paid 15k over I wasn't sure if they'd call back. I think the one in Silver Spring was at 10k over on a yellow '16 up until a few months ago, but I'm pretty sure they're just hoping some idiot with money takes the bait. It's down to MSRP now though.

mattlqx

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Makes since. Seems like they would incorporate some of those changes into the GT350 for cost reasons that may roll over into a GT500...??? Has Ford officially announced that there will be no changes? My local dealers have zero information other than paying the 1K to be qualified for an allotment. I don't want to go out and get a '17 and find out there's been changes to the'18 and pay the same money. I can wait. :confused:
Completely unchanged. https://media.ford.com/content/ford...y-gt350-gt350r-mustang-availability-2018.html

Even small changes take engineering resources, even if they're just taking parts from one car and putting them on another. I'm sure they'd rather just release whatever the next special edition is that's on-deck.