Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP premium
  • Banned
So I sold my 17s and hoosiers before I had chance to track them. Bought some wider 19s and added vertical links. Suspension is, sr lock out kit, steeda cradle alignment kit, bmr diff lockout kit, SP080 Springs and J&M spherical vertical links. Transmission is stock other than the Barton hybrid 3 shifter. Engine is FBO. I have a decent driver mod, but I've missed 2nd a couple times and not 3rd.

I'm running 305/35r19 Nt05s in the rear. I've only made one true street hit on the tires with a quick clutch dump burn out. Left at 2k with a slight bog and spinning at the top of 1st. (30psi)

Our local track is garbage, to say the least. My old tires hooked better on asphalt than at this track. I plan on dropping the psi to high teens, doing a light burn out and leaving out at 2500rpm. I'm sure I'll have to feather the throttle at the top of first and bottom of second.

Any input would be great as this is the only car I've run with street tires and a manual at the track.

My old times were high 12s, 2.5-2.6 sixty foot times and 115-117 trap speeds. That's the weak steeda tune and stock mani and stock suspension. I left at 1000-1500 and lightly rolled the throttle and blew the tires off.
Sponsored

jlstro3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
So I sold my 17s and hoosiers before I had chance to track them. Bought some wider 19s and added vertical links. Suspension is, sr lock out kit, steeda cradle alignment kit, bmr diff lockout kit, SP080 Springs and J&M spherical vertical links. Transmission is stock other than the Barton hybrid 3 shifter. Engine is FBO. I have a decent driver mod, but I've missed 2nd a couple times and not 3rd.

I'm running 305/35r19 Nt05s in the rear. I've only made one true street hit on the tires with a quick clutch dump burn out. Left at 2k with a slight bog and spinning at the top of 1st. (30psi)

Our local track is garbage, to say the least. My old tires hooked better on asphalt than at this track. I plan on dropping the psi to high teens, doing a light burn out and leaving out at 2500rpm. I'm sure I'll have to feather the throttle at the top of first and bottom of second.

Any input would be great as this is the only car I've run with street tires and a manual at the track.

My old times were high 12s, 2.5-2.6 sixty foot times and 115-117 trap speeds. That's the weak steeda tune and stock mani and stock suspension. I left at 1000-1500 and lightly rolled the throttle and blew the tires off.
Not quite nt05's, but I just had my first track day on my 555 G2's. 285 width. I actually found for whatever reason, they really liked a good burnout. I got them to just start smoking. I was running 23psi cold. I left at between 3k and 3200 (not 100% sure) with a lot of clutch slipping and I was able to get 1.90 out of it. That was my best run of the day 12.2@115 or so, best trap was a 12.3@118 w/ a 2.0. The 12.2 could've possibly been a 12.0 but I hit 2nd pretty hard and blew the tires off and wheelhopped a bit and had to pedal back. With street tires it's always such a trial and error game, and even at that you still have oddities. My slips through the day were everywhere between 12.9 and 12.2. I'm gt350 mani, LTH, PMAS and E85 tune. BMR drag springs and steeda IRS braces.

OP
OP
armykyle1 [HACKED ACCOUNT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP premium
  • Banned
Not quite nt05's, but I just had my first track day on my 555 G2's. 285 width. I actually found for whatever reason, they really liked a good burnout. I got them to just start smoking. I was running 23psi cold. I left at between 3k and 3200 (not 100% sure) with a lot of clutch slipping and I was able to get 1.90 out of it. That was my best run of the day 12.2@115 or so, best trap was a 12.3@118 w/ a 2.0. The 12.2 could've possibly been a 12.0 but I hit 2nd pretty hard and blew the tires off and wheelhopped a bit and had to pedal back. With street tires it's always such a trial and error game, and even at that you still have oddities. My slips through the day were everywhere between 12.9 and 12.2. I'm gt350 mani, LTH, PMAS and E85 tune. BMR drag springs and steeda IRS braces.
I appreciate your input. What gears and size rims are you running? Hopefully the NT05s hook a little better. I'll have to test the burn outs for sure. Do you remember your trap speeds?

jlstro3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
3.31 gears. 285/40/18. trap speeds were between 115.5 or so and 118 depending on wheel spin. there was also a fairly nasty headwind too, so that was bothering me on some of the runs. Whenever I go to the track on my street tires I just expect the inconsistency because I know I'm just not the best driver out there haha.

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
If track prep sucks. Don't be afraid to lower the PSI to 14-15. The rest sounds good. Raise launch RPMs til you spin. You'll probably wind up around 3500-4000RPMs.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP premium
  • Banned
3.31 gears. 285/40/18. trap speeds were between 115.5 or so and 118 depending on wheel spin. there was also a fairly nasty headwind too, so that was bothering me on some of the runs. Whenever I go to the track on my street tires I just expect the inconsistency because I know I'm just not the best driver out there haha.
Oh Ok. I'm not the best driver either. I can roll race like a mofo though lol.

If track prep sucks. Don't be afraid to lower the PSI to 14-15. The rest sounds good. Raise launch RPMs til you spin. You'll probably wind up around 3500-4000RPMs.
The track has consistently sucked for the past few years. I'll keep raising the RPMs, but I'm one of those people who doesn't like feathering the clutch (still stock).

TooSoonJunior

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP M6
I really don't recommend trying this, posted in the other thread. While people will say they had good results at this psi, there will be little lost and probably much gained by running a higher psi than that. Especially in this case with a REGULAR street radial, the sidewalls will not soften up with less pressure at all, the lower pressure for a street radial helps the tire deform a bit and put more tread on the track. You can visually see by staring at the outside beads of the tread while lowering pressure when you hit the ideal pressure. Once most of the tire is touching stop there. Trust me it WILL NOT be at 14psi on a regular street radial, and on a mid drag radial (street versions such as the MT SS) it will also not be that low.

Jay-rod427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT C/S
I really don't recommend trying this, posted in the other thread. While people will say they had good results at this psi, there will be little lost and probably much gained by running a higher psi than that. Especially in this case with a REGULAR street radial, the sidewalls will not soften up with less pressure at all, the lower pressure for a street radial helps the tire deform a bit and put more tread on the track. You can visually see by staring at the outside beads of the tread while lowering pressure when you hit the ideal pressure. Once most of the tire is touching stop there. Trust me it WILL NOT be at 14psi on a regular street radial, and on a mid drag radial (street versions such as the MT SS) it will also not be that low.
I agree. In my experience any radial street or drag otherwise less than 16-17 lbs becomes counter intuitive. Depending on wheel width a radial will actually begin to cup in the center with all the force on the outsides causing less traction. Also agree that a radial sidewall will not flex/benefit from that low psi.

OP
OP

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP premium
  • Banned
I agree. In my experience any radial street or drag otherwise less than 16-17 lbs becomes counter intuitive. Depending on wheel width a radial will actually begin to cup in the center with all the force on the outsides causing less traction. Also agree that a radial sidewall will not flex/benefit from that low psi.
I planned on trying low 20s. If these had softer sidewalls and a over all softer compound, I'd go lower.

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
You boys post your best time slips. I'll post mine. We'll see who's faster and who has the best sixty! Trust me IT WILL NOT BE YOU!

[ame="[MEDIA=youtube]grj1Gh_OdT4[/MEDIA]"]

[ame="[MEDIA=youtube]aBxgLIn9e2M[/MEDIA]"]

Last edited:

Sponsored
OP
OP

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP premium
Track was closed, so it's the waiting game now.

OP
OP

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP premium
I was gonna make another thread but I remember this.

Got to the track tonight. It wasn't bad or good. First two passes, the track prep was amazing! I dropped the rear pressure to 20psi. First pass I actually stalled at the line (my last time here I was spinning coming out at 2000) still ran a 15 lol with cranking the car back up!

Next pass, brought the RPMs up to 3500ish, dumped it and gunned it. Car actually bogged a good bit and then ran it's ass off. Missed second, grabbed it again, ran 12.58 @118 2.3 60ft

3rd pass, came out the hole at 4k, spun and wheel hop, kept spinning through 1st. Ran almost the exact same time missing 3rd this time.

4th pass, dropped to 3500, spin city and wheel hop. Spinning in second. The track turned to shit too. Few people almost hit the wall.

Overall, 12.50s, 2.3 60ft, 118.5-119.8 was the average.

80+ degrees with 70- 80% humidity.

66sprint6

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2015 Base GT PP
Good mph for sure but you need to work on my favorite mod to work on...the driver mod! On street tires and drag radials, slip the clutch out rather than dumping it and after that you just need to learn to shift!!! I have an issue where I shift 2-5 on occasion but once you get the shifting under pressure sorted out you will be flying!!!!

Matt

66sprint6

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2015 Base GT PP
You boys post your best time slips. I'll post mine. We'll see who's faster and who has the best sixty! Trust me IT WILL NOT BE YOU!

Your not on a regular street radial tho are you? I wouldnt advise going that low on a regular street radial, which is what everyone in this thread is talkin about OP included. On a drag radial I have no issues going that low if the track isnt hooking but not on a street radial tire.

Matt

jlstro3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Good start man, you'll get there w/ seat time. I agree w/ the poster above, if you are on street tires and can only launch at 3k'ish then you'll bog unless you give it some good old fashioned clutch abuse. The key is getting it rolling then using the clutch slip to get you smoothly up into powerband. If you can launch at 5k+ w/ stickies then yea, dumping it works.
Sponsored