Not open for further replies.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
What else is different between the cjpp version and the 12468 or 11386 besides extra piping? I cant imagine theyre charging 200 more for some extra piping.
The ability to fairly easily reverse via a cut and clamp design, and an install you can do in your drive/garage on stands vs. having to weld in (which for most people, means paying for labor). Outside of a bit of material cost, that is where the difference is.

I paid $95 via Amazon for the Magnaflow 11386, and paid $80 to install it, so yes I got the same result for a little over half what this costs, but this didn't exist at the time (just a week or so later lol). Yes, doing a custom job is going to be cheaper, but it's also permanent as it relates to the stock piping.
Sponsored

Bob_Whit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Jmeo
Thanks, & I'm not your uncle:D

mojo2008

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/CS
Before - CJPP H-pipe with Roush axle backs:
[ame]

After - resonated X-pipe installed, still with Roush axle backs:
[ame]

Not the best quality video, but you get a basic idea. It significantly tamed the Roush axle backs. Sorry the clips were so quick. I was already in the dog house, so I needed to finish up.

Also as has been mentioned before, the cut at 4" was not far enough back. The stock portion of my pipes are bumping up against the very subframe, I'm barely in the hangers at the axle, and the tips are sticking out further than I'd like. I'll need to get back under and trim about an extra inch off. I'm glad I had too much pipe rather than too little though!

cmylxgo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT - Magnetic Automatic
Not the best quality video, but you get a basic idea. It significantly tamed the Roush axle backs. Sorry the clips were so quick. I was already in the dog house, so I needed to finish up.

Also as has been mentioned before, the cut at 4" was not far enough back. The stock portion of my pipes are bumping up against the very subframe, I'm barely in the hangers at the axle, and the tips are sticking out further than I'd like. I'll need to get back under and trim about an extra inch off. I'm glad I had too much pipe rather than too little though!
That Roush setup was about as loud as my Corsa setup. The Tru-X really calmed down your exhaust too. Sounds good.

Here is another clip with both before and after combined of my setup.

[ame]

Sponsored

RT302

RT302
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jonathan
Vehicle(s)
2015 convertible automatic GT
What headers would you recommend to go with this + Roush AB?

Currently I already have the Roush AB with stock everything else. Got this to hopefully increase volume a tad but not too much. Probably adding headers in the next coming months but haven't picked them out yet

OP
OP
CJ Pony Parts

CJ Pony Parts

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cjponyparts.com
Vehicle(s)
A large variety of Mustangs across all generations
What headers would you recommend to go with this + Roush AB?

Currently I already have the Roush AB with stock everything else. Got this to hopefully increase volume a tad but not too much. Probably adding headers in the next coming months but haven't picked them out yet
I'd recommend going with American Racing Headers or Kooks. Both companies make an exceptional product and are available with and without cats.

You can check out our selection of headers for the 2015+ right HERE.

Bob_Whit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Jmeo
No problem, seemed like fun for me.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
New exterior vid of the Corsa Sport axleback (Xtreme mufflers) and this resonated X-pipe.

[ame]

Sponsored

cmylxgo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
New exterior vid of the Corsa Sport axleback (Xtreme mufflers) and this resonated X-pipe.
Sounds great! Seems like its still a little loud with the Sport mufflers over my Touring Mufflers. Now that I have the resonator installed I may step up to the louder mufflers. That thing must have been obnoxiously loud before the resonated x-pipe.

[MENTION=10281]BmacIL[/MENTION] do you have cats on your car?

Thanks
-CMY

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Sounds great! Seems like its still a little loud with the Sport mufflers over my Touring Mufflers. Now that I have the resonator installed I may step up to the louder mufflers. That thing must have been obnoxiously loud before the resonated x-pipe.

[MENTION=10281]BmacIL[/MENTION] do you have cats on your car?

Thanks
-CMY
Stock headers and cats. I had the stock resonator in before this, so no, it was quieter lol. It's definitely solidly loud, but not obnoxious. My friend & coworker with the Xtreme can drown me out pretty easily lol.

cmylxgo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Stock headers and cats. I had the stock resonator in before this, so no, it was quieter lol. It's definitely solidly loud, but not obnoxious. My friend & coworker with the Xtreme can drown me out pretty easily lol.
Hmmm...I have no cats so a muffler swap might push it over the top. I'm pleased with the way mine sounds but could go for a slightly louder setup.

mojo2008

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/CS
Nice sunny day, so I put the top down on my way home. Man does this new setup sound good!
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.