Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
A 2017 miraculous little beast
I apologize if this has been answered before, but instead of going through the whole thread I thought of asking these questions, as I really like the sound and I consider buying this BOV adapter:

1. Is the BOV adapter compatible with European models? I don't know if EU-spec cars are MAP or MAF or if that matters in any way in regards to installing this BOV adapter.
2. Do I need to ask my tuner to update the tune after I install it?
3. Will this have any negative effect on engine performance and reliability?

EDIT 1: Actually I went through the whole thread and those questions have not been answered, so a feedback would be greatly appreciated before I go on and order the BOV adapter. Thanks!

EDIT 2: I found out that European EcoBoosts have (2) MAP sensors. One is located on the intake manifold (IM) and the other is located on the intercooler near the outlet. Therefore EU cars are MAP tuned. This means that European Mustangs can Vent to Atmosphere (VTA) without the ECU thinking that the air released to the atmosphere is still in the intake system and therefore injecting fuel accordingly, something that would lead to the engine running rich for a while.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Boomba Racing

Boomba Racing

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.boombaracing.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost TY 6MT w/ PP
1. Is the BOV adapter compatible with European models? I don't know if EU-spec cars are MAP or MAF or if that matters in any way in regards to installing this BOV adapter.

All of the USDM spec Mustang Ecoboost use MAP tuning for the ECU where the vehicle doesn't care if you vent to atmosphere or not. The use of our BOV on a non-USDM vehicle could potentially cause the check engine light to go on from what we've experienced. There are a few customers in Europe with special tuning that are running these without an issue, but we like to let you know it won't work without special tuning. Without a proper tune, this light would most likely remain on. Your experience may vary.

From what we've experienced on US cars, there is no need to tune these vehicles once this part has been installed. However if your car is non-US spec, we'd recommend checking with your tuner to see what they recommend in regards to running this piece on your car.

Since this piece is only a spacer with no moving parts and the car still utilizes its factory BPV, there is nothing to fail. The vehicle still operates in the way that it did stock and still reads the electronic signal being sent to and from the BPV. The only difference is the vehicle is now venting to atmosphere rather than intake.

I apologize if this has been answered before, but instead of going through the whole thread I thought of asking these questions, as I really like the sound and I consider buying this BOV adapter:

EDIT 1: Actually I went through the whole thread and those questions have not been answered, so a feedback would be greatly appreciated before I go on and order the BOV adapter. Thanks!

EDIT 2: I found out that European EcoBoosts have (2) MAP sensors. One is located on the intake manifold (IM) and the other is located on the intercooler near the outlet. Therefore EU cars are MAP tuned. This means that European Mustangs can Vent to Atmosphere (VTA) without the ECU thinking that the air released to the atmosphere is still in the intake system and therefore injecting fuel accordingly, something that would lead to the engine running rich for a while.

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
[MENTION=11212]Boomba Racing[/MENTION] thank you for your reply. As you can see in my Edit 2 above, I confirmed that actually European Mustang EcoBoosts have 2 MAP sensors. One is located on the intake manifold (IM) and the other is located on the intercooler near the outlet. Therefore EU cars are MAP tuned. This means that European Mustangs can Vent to Atmosphere (VTA) without the ECU thinking that the air released to the atmosphere is still in the intake system and therefore injecting fuel accordingly, something that would lead to the engine running rich for a while. I had to do some research, ask a few people (including my tuner), but I finally found this very important information. It seems that someone a while ago falsely spread the rumor that EU Mustangs are MAF. Therefore owners of EU Mustangs can also enjoy your product

Based on the above information, I already ordered the adapter as it should work with no issues on the European Mustang EcoBoost.

Last edited:

Sponsored
OP
OP
Boomba Racing

Boomba Racing

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.boombaracing.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost TY 6MT w/ PP
[MENTION=11212]Boomba Racing[/MENTION] thank you for your reply. As you can see in my Edit 2 above, I confirmed that actually European Mustang EcoBoosts have 2 MAP sensors. One is located on the intake manifold (IM) and the other is located on the intercooler near the outlet. Therefore EU cars are MAP tuned. This means that European Mustangs can Vent to Atmosphere (VTA) without the ECU thinking that the air released to the atmosphere is still in the intake system and therefore injecting fuel accordingly, something that would lead to the engine running rich for a while. I had to do some research, ask a few people (including my tuner), but I finally found this very important information. It seems that someone a while ago falsely spread the rumor that EU Mustangs are MAF. Therefore owners of EU Mustangs can also enjoy your product

Based on the above information, I already ordered the adapter as it should work with no issues on the European Mustang EcoBoost.
We are aware you were working with us over email, definitely let us know what you think once you get it installed!

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
Will do. Very soon!

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
So, here it is!

I just installed the Boomba Racing BOV Adapter. In combination with my MBRPs it gives an aggressive sound. Man it's fun to hear! One good thing is that on automatic cars, like mine, you don't get to hear this whooosh sound every time you change a gear; you hear it only when you let off the throttle and at relatively high revs. So it's even better!

What is important to mention is that there was a debate over whether this adapter should be installed on European cars. Most people were thinking that our cars were MAF tuned so we could not Vent to Air (VTA). Before installing the BOV Adapter I confirmed with several people that EU Mustangs are actually MAP tuned (confirmed with Adam at [MENTION=19118]Tune+[/MENTION] and [MENTION=13694]Juben[/MENTION] on another thread). So we can VTA and there are no engine lights or other issues whatsoever.

It took me 45 minutes to install, taking my time. It would take just 10 minutes if it wasn't for this freakin' hard-to-access top right bolt. I used an angled Allen (as shown on one of the photos below) to unscrew that particular bolt in order to remove the stock BPV. I used the same Allen in order to screw this same bolt when I put BPV + BOV Adapter back on. If you do it, take your time, it takes a while to tighten the bolt because of very limited space at that particular spot.

Anyway, this is one of my favorite little mods!

picture.jpg

picture.jpg

picture.jpg

picture.jpg

And the angled Allen that I used:

picture.jpg

[MENTION=11212]Boomba Racing[/MENTION], I will contact you by email, I need to discuss some issues I had with DHL. Really crappy service from their part :mad: :tsk:

Status
Not open for further replies.