Sponsored

Stage differences?

LFCRulesOK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT (Ruby Red)
Hi,

I've tried looking it up, but couldn't find a definitive answer, so I'll ask here.

Can someone please explain what the difference is between the stage 1 and 2 Whipple kits, (besides cost obviously) and is there a third stage like the Roush?

Thanks.
Sponsored

Whipple SC

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 5.0
Stage 1 is the base system with the stock throttle body, 58lb/hr fuel injectors. Stage 1 has 2 RPM limit options, 7200RPM or 7500RPM. Conservatively rated at 725 flywheel HP.

Stage 2 is the stage 1, with the upgraded 132mm TB and higher flowing 72 lb/hr fuel injectors. Stage 2 has 2 RPM limit options, 7500RPM or 7800RPM. Stage 2 is rated at 800HP.

Dual fans, carbon pieces, etc. are all optional.

There is no stage 3. Both systems are made for stock engines, true bolt-on, 91 or higher octane (RON+MON/2), have Flight Control, oversized intercooler and heat exchanger, high flow water pump and many other unique features.

4orceFed

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT PP Equip.Group 400A
Throwing out some props here! I had the same questions, and a ton more, until a few weeks ago. Mark McDowall at Stage 3 Motorsports was extremely helpful. Answered all my questions and represented Whipple very well. By the end of our conversation, I decided that I had enough information to purchase my Whipple Stage 2 kit. Great customer service and incredible price. I'm looking forward to becoming a Whipple member. Thanks again Mark, for all your responses and assuring me that Stage 3 and Whipple have customer service that's second to none.
Sponsored