BKauto

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bkauto.com
Vehicle(s)
2016 Performance Package Mustang GT
The Brey-Krause Safety System
These products are designed and engineered to function together as a complete safety system -- first locating the driver in the car and second reinforcing the structure around the driver. A system is only as good as the weakest link which is why we highly recommend only using Brey-Krause products. This Harness Mount Bar is one part of the Brey-Krause safety system.

All Brey-Krause harness mounts have been tested and certified by an independent lab to handle the forces required by the National Highway Traffic Safety Admin. DOT and SAE J385 Rev. MAR 95, Motor Vehicle Seat Belt Anchorages-Performance Requirements.

R-1180 Harness Mount Bar

The S550 Mustang Harness Mount Bar properly locates and supports racing shoulder harnesses relative to the driver. In the case of an accident, it helps protect the driver's shoulders and spine. The harness guides also prevent excessive shifting and fatigue of the driver during the high G-loads of cornering and braking.

This Harness Mount Bar allows for the use of 4, 5, or 6-point harnesses and allows for the use of the stock 3-point seat belt. It mounts to factory mounting points requiring no modification to the car with the exception of a small cut in a replaceable plastic panel (Part# FR3Z6331013AA & FR3Z6331012AA). Our bars are easy to install and remove and allow use of the back seat when not installed. The first installation requires the back seat to be removed; however once the brackets are in place the harness can be installed and removed with 4 bolts. This product includes two R-9155 clip in lap belt mounts and has integrated clip in lap belt mounts required for installation of a 4-point harness.

This Harness Mount Bar also provides attachment points for a seat back brace (BK part# R-9020). Seat braces help prevent flexing in the seats by countering the forces applied to the seat by the harnesses. Most performance driving events require aftermarket fixed back composite seats that have exceeded their FIA expiration date use a seat back brace.

We DO NOT recommend using factory/aftermarket reclining seats when using harnesses.

Sponsored

Last edited:

Pootie_Stang

Wah Dah Ta
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 RR GT PP Base
Looks great! So to understand, its not to be used with the factory recaro seats?

Last edited:

5.Stock

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eloy
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Competition Orange
Looks great! So to understand, its not to be used with the factory recaro seats?
it does look awesome. and the thing about the seat i could think about is because they recline, but one does not move the seat after they set it.......well at least for me i havent moved my seat in months lol

also any word on pricing?

Last edited:

Lee@BKauto

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bkauto.com
Vehicle(s)
We designed the mount bar to work with our R-9184 & R-9185 seat track adapters which mounts the seat lower in the car. While there is some height adjustment in the harness mount bar, the belt angle will be slightly steeper than if you were to use it with the factory Recaro's which sit higher in the car. Ideally the shoulder belts should be 0 degrees to 15 degrees off your shoulders.

The reason we do not recommend using these with the factory Recaro's is also because like 5.stock mentioned it is because it is a folding seat. Despite the harness routings, these seats are not really designed to support the load applied by harness. If you do choose to use the factory Recaro's I would personally recommend using a seat back brace.

Lee@BKauto

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bkauto.com
Vehicle(s)
it does look awesome. and the thing about the seat i could think about is because they recline, but one does not move the seat after they set it.......well at least for me i havent moved my seat in months lol

also any word on pricing?
The price for the R-1180 Harness Mount Bar alone is $599.00. This includes everything required to mount a 4-point harness.

Sponsored

Lee@BKauto

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bkauto.com
Vehicle(s)
Here is a picture with the R-9020 Seat Back Brace installed. The R-9024 adapter is required for mounting the brace to the harness bar.

5.Stock

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eloy
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Competition Orange
We designed the mount bar to work with our R-9184 & R-9185 seat track adapters which mounts the seat lower in the car. While there is some height adjustment in the harness mount bar, the belt angle will be slightly steeper than if you were to use it with the factory Recaro's which sit higher in the car. Ideally the shoulder belts should be 0 degrees to 15 degrees off your shoulders.

The reason we do not recommend using these with the factory Recaro's is also because like 5.stock mentioned it is because it is a folding seat. Despite the harness routings, these seats are not really designed to support the load applied by harness. If you do choose to use the factory Recaro's I would personally recommend using a seat back brace.

that's great i would really like to run this with my factory seats, only reason i got the recaro upgrade on my GT PP

Mike Jesse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang GT Premium
Has it been crash tested?

I would only trust these types of belt mounts if they are attached to a roll cage.

OP
OP

BKauto

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bkauto.com
Vehicle(s)
Has it been crash tested?

I would only trust these types of belt mounts if they are attached to a roll cage.
Thanks for bringing this up Mike Jesse. This is a common concern when talking about harness mount bars. No we do not crash test, we have an independent lab pull test our mounts to exceed forces required by DOT and SAE for Seat Belt Anchors which is 3000lbs. per occupant. We pull test our Harness Mount Bar to 6500lbs.. We highly suggest when purchasing harness mounting equipment you make sure the products have been tested by an independent lab (not stress analysis or finite element analysis in CAD software) or as you mention crash test. Its is also important to understand what the “crash testing” is. Cause if its real world crash testing, we have done plenty of that!:doh:

We have been making these types of mounts since the early 1990's. We have had several occasions where people have called us thanking us after a severe accident. Factory proving grounds and driver schools have been using our products with great success since our beginnings.

Cars these days come from the factory with excellent roll over protection, and they are the only ones who crash test their roll over protection features. Ford knows what they are doing, which is why they use an integrated roll hoop in the frame. We design our products to not interfere with these factory safety systems, intentionally. If you want guaranteed safety at the track, then a track specific car with a custom full roll cage is your best bet, for those that do not want to cut up their car, retain the value of their car, and safely use their car on the street and track - We got your back.

We use experience, engineering, and testing instead of crash testing. All that being said this is an incredibly dangerous sport and every crash is different, so there is no possible way to guarantee safety.

Hope this helps clear up some concerns. I’m happy to answer any further questions.

This is one of many examples. This driver hit a tree sideways at around 60mph and walked away with a headache and scratches from shattering glass. This is what we mean when we say “securing the area around the driver”. The whole driver compartment stayed in place while the rear of the car shifted to the left by about a foot. Granted these are different parts in a different car, but these are the types of situations that learn and develop our parts from.

Tucsonturbos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang ecoboost
I have been waiting for a harness bar however it looks like this is only a 2 bolt design and the bends on the rear seats serve no purpose as they are not bolted to anything. Oem seat belts have 3 mounting points per seat but this has 2 in total (not on b pillars at that..) seaming to be significantly weaker despite the claims as if I would be able to sit in the back seat, and leg press the bar and make it bend. What's the purpose of the rear seat sections and do you plan on making a 4 point mounted system?

Sponsored

Optimum Performance

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT PP
I have been waiting for a harness bar however it looks like this is only a 2 bolt design and the bends on the rear seats serve no purpose as they are not bolted to anything. Oem seat belts have 3 mounting points per seat but this has 2 in total (not on b pillars at that..) seaming to be significantly weaker despite the claims as if I would be able to sit in the back seat, and leg press the bar and make it bend. What's the purpose of the rear seat sections and do you plan on making a 4 point mounted system?

[MENTION=16487]Tucsonturbos[/MENTION] This is a 4 point mounted system otherwise it wouldn't work :)
[MENTION=22502]BKauto[/MENTION] double triangulates the the structure making for a very solid design. They use factory occupant restraint mounting points which are the strongest points in the car. These are safety tested to withstand large forces and by utilizing the rear points the system is spreading loads throughout the chassis.

PM us if you have further questions.
Harness Bar Rear Mounts.jpg

Tucsonturbos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang ecoboost
ahhhhhh much better couldn't tell in the other pictures, they looked like pointless bends at first! thank you for clarifying, you will probably have my business in the near future.

therealdannye

President of Capitol S550
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Deadpool 5.0

This is disappointing to hear. I have seats from Braum Racing and had been on the hunt for a proper bar to utilize their 4-point harnesses. I learned not to trust the "guide bar" style of harness bar and ended up finding BK's bar. Are you saying that there's no possible way to safely run a reclining race seat with this bar?

Optimum Performance

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT PP
This is disappointing to hear. I have seats from Braum Racing and had been on the hunt for a proper bar to utilize their 4-point harnesses. I learned not to trust the "guide bar" style of harness bar and ended up finding BK's bar. Are you saying that there's no possible way to safely run a reclining race seat with this bar?
Racing seats are fixed back. If you want to run the Sport Seats from Braum you would want to run a seat brace. Which model seat do you have?

It was a little confusing seeing the term "Racing Seat" used for all the seats on the website then I read the disclosures page.

The Sport Seats do not have a provision for 5-6 point belts, you could run a 4 point belt with the stock seats and retain your side airbags.

OP
OP

BKauto

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bkauto.com
Vehicle(s)
therealdannye my apologies for the late response.

You are absolutely right to not trust most "guide bars" especially if they are used incorrectly. It takes a quick google search to see why.

Our Harness Mount Bar will absolutely work Braum Seats. The only reason we say that it should only be used with aftermarket fixed back seats is because the bars height was designed to work best with the seat position of a fixed back seat. The Braum seats will work with our bar however the angle of the belts in relation to you shoulders maybe a little off compared to fixed back seats. Depending of coarse how the seat is mounted. One of the cars we had at SEMA used Sparco reclining seats and the belt angle was almost spot on.

In regards to safely running a reclining seat. We do recommend using a seat back brace (which should be used anyway, but not required) to support the seat against the forces that the new belts will be putting on the seat.

Anymore questions feel free to email me at [email protected]
Sponsored