Sponsored

Long time Ecobooster’s 2018 GT test drive

doulos4jc

......looking^
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Turbo Mustang
Three years this week into my 2015 EB I made my way to a local dealership to check out the 2018’s...the GT in particular. Other than the giant wing, the other body tweaks made little visual distinction from earlier model years. Still looked very much like previous S550’s. That theme carried over to the interior as well. I felt right at home sitting in the car and noticed only minor changes. Biggest difference bar none was when I pushed the start button. The exhaust note was flat out incredible. Other than the 8 cylinder symphony going on behind me the car handled and felt very similar to mine. I obviously didn’t scratch the surface of the cars potential, but driving around town it wasn’t that far removed from the 2015’s. One last pleasant surprise was when I got back into mine. I think I was expecting a let down (“my clunky, old, slow ecoboost”). But mine felt and drove so much like my test drive I was almost shocked at the similarities.
Sponsored

Reactions: Ebm

Ecoboosted

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' Mustang GT, 19' Road Glide
Yea I seen my very first 18 yesterday in person. It was an orange fury GT. It was nice but not enough difference for me to lose money on a trade and start a new loan over when my current loan is almost paid off. OF looked nice in person. Better than the competition orange looked in person.

Fatguy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 V6 Mustang
The differences between the cars get grossly exaggerated on the internet. I’m opposite on the V8 rumble. Up till the V6 every car I owned was a V8 (302 I modded up, two 5.0 HOs, a 5.7 LT1) my dad’s station wagons all had V8 rumble all the way back to a 60s Pontiac. I just can’t get turned on by another 5.0. A 7.0 will. But V8 rumble? Meh.....

The biggest difference and one you didn’t mention was the lighter front end. You guys have no idea how craptastic the older V8 understeered. I literally had to learn how to take a corner in this 6. My fellow old farts just pull the steering wheel from left to right as the handling is so nimble. My car pivots right under my ass. Never had that level of performance before. As said before I believe the S550 was designed from the start for a turbo 6. It makes no sense to constantly tweak a suspension that should have been rocking from the start. Example: Why was the battery not moved to the back of the V8 as it was still nose heavy? Maybe because the engineers were penning the platform for the six. Just saying. ;)

[ame="[MEDIA=youtube]S7wAO7YZNPo[/MEDIA]"].

[ame="[MEDIA=youtube]DM0IMabsXxw[/MEDIA]"]
Sponsored

Last edited:
Reactions: Ebm