Sponsored

Hyundai Equus 19" Spare

black bart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Prem A6 White Platinum 20x9's
A few weeks ago I found a new Hyundai Equus 19" spare with the full jack accessory kit unused on Ebay. I needed to buy two Lenox hole saws, 2 5/8 and 2 3/4 and an arbor. Mounted both hole saws on the ardor and cut half way through from both sides. The 2 5/8 was a perfect guide for the old Hyundai center bore. Bought some 9/16 id - 1 3/8 od washers and a five m14x1.5 hex bolts. Mounted the spare on both the front and rear today without any problems fitting. I don't have the Brembo front calipers just the standard GT Premium calipers. The entire kits and spare fit in the trunk tire well tightly. I used the oem screw down on the wheel and it fits like it was made for it. No bulge of the spare cover. Had a long long wait for one of these Equus 19" spares to pop up but seems to be much cheaper than the alternative $568.00 spare kit currently offered by an aftermarket outfit. I also looked at an oem used 20" Foundry wheel and tire combo but couldn't find one that wasn't beat up. Don't have pictures but I'll answer any questions that people have. BTW I did read the post regarding another Mustang owner who did this a year or so ago. Really very easy job.
Sponsored

wmfateam

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
Whitey
Vehicle(s)
2017 LB GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
If you have the ability to test for it on a PP GT, that would be greatly appreciated.

OP
OP
black bart

black bart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
As George-65 stated on post #10 on allfordmustangs.com, they fit over his Brembo's. He specifically wanted a spare to clear the Mustang PP. Search for 'Spare tire kit for performance pkg' on above mentioned site. I hope I can mention another Mustang site without being edited.

OP
OP
black bart

black bart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I found the post made by George-66 here in the Wheels & Tires section. Look around page 66 for the post by Merica titled My "Save my A$$" Performance Package kit. It contains pictures of his Mustang with PP. His post with pictures is #23.

plc268

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium Race Red