Front Fascia clips- can they be repaired

jabrax

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2015 ruby red PP GT
Can the fascia clip that connects to the fender be replaced (seam where the pain in the ass 7mm bolt is located). I think mine was broken initially by a tow truck initially trying to load my car without blocks :frusty:. That connection keeps popping out slightly.

Can it be repaired by a body shop?
Sponsored

SoCalTim

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Sold : 15 GT
I've had mine break and tried using epoxy resin to re-attach the clip...didn't last long and still broke off.

On the back of the fascia, near to the edge where the clips are, there is a tab with a hole in it. I ran a long zip tie through the hole and around a metal bar underneath the headlight mounting area. It pulled the fascia in, really solid, and no more popping out.

Wish I had a photo, but hopefully I explained it OK. I accessed the area by just unpopping the wheel well liner to get the zip tie fitted.

jbailer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Magnetic Premium PP 50AP
I tried the same as SoCalTim and got the same results. I was told to take it to someone with a plastic welder would be the best way. The problem is, you can't have any build up in there or the clip won't work. I ended up picking up a bumper take off on eBay. It was a lot cheaper than buying one and getting it painted.

OP
OP
jabrax

jabrax

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2015 ruby red PP GT
Thanks guys, I will get under there and see if I can get the zip tie figured out

Ugly John

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
Ruby Red GT PP
Have you checked the plastic rivets holding the fender liner? Mine were missing and the broken piece moved a lot. When I replaced the rivets, the movement went way down and you can't really see it.

Also, check out the end of this thread for a potential repair without replacing the entire bumper. I have the parts for it, but haven't taken the bumper off to install them.

http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=55419
Sponsored