Sponsored

What did you do to your UK S550 Mustang Today

welsh treg

Mid life crisis guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pony power
Are we seeing the birth of your true vocation here... Mander's Motors (and let's face it... does the world need any more business analysts)? :D

Perhaps a youthful replacement for the (now) somewhat 'stale' Mike Brewer?

Lets face it Ed China is (was) the brain's, knowledge, grafter,

Brewer an annoying barrow boy :lol:

So MM will have to find a very tall, very talented mechanic from the posh end of the midlands :thumbsup:
Sponsored

Last edited:

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
[MENTION=23824]Nookie[/MENTION] Like the sound of that, I jokingly gave Reuben (whos known as a cheap ass) an invoice for the work and put the business as "Manders Mustang Mod Shop" lol

Does the world need any more mechanics though ;)!?
[MENTION=14295]Kristian87[/MENTION] True that... And work is well... work.

simonp83

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Simon
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT S550
Yesterday I went for my first little road trip, it was a work trip up to Yorkshire so lots of time spent on the A1 yesterday but certainly gave me lots of time behind the wheel :).

Two things I've noticed though about the car, not issues just little quirks that I'm sure I've seen mentioned a million times before.

1. Changing gear, going from 5th to 6th is a little notchy, in fact, changing to any gear, you certainly need to put a bit of effort into changing and defimitrly something I'll need to get used to if I want to change quickly. You can hear the clunk as well sometimes at low speed coming from the back of the car when changing gear.

2. The clutch, I really need to concentrate on getting the low speed, low gear changes right, for example 1st to 2nd, otherwise it hops the car a little. Is this what the Steeda spring helps with? The dealer commented on this on the test drive last year before I got behind the wheel, recommended changing at a little higher rpm, around 2000+, as it seems to help.

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
[MENTION=9236]simonp83[/MENTION]

1. Standard
2. Yep, change at higher RPM, it's kangaroo petrol as some call it, steeda's stop the hop stops when putting the car under road the wheels hopping around missing traction etc etc.

simonp83

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Simon
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT S550
[MENTION=9236]simonp83[/MENTION]

1. Standard
2. Yep, change at higher RPM, it's kangaroo petrol as some call it, steeda's stop the hop stops when putting the car under road the wheels hopping around missing traction etc etc.
Kangaroo petrol?

Sorry, when I said the Steeda spring, I meant the clutch spring that lightens the clutch pedal. Thought a lighter clutch peddle might make it easier, I'll just have to change up a bit more. All part of the lovable quirks of driving a Mustang :thumbsup:

Sponsored

SteveS

...Bon Scott Land...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic
Yesterday I went for my first little road trip, it was a work trip up to Yorkshire so lots of time spent on the A1 yesterday but certainly gave me lots of time behind the wheel :).

Two things I've noticed though about the car, not issues just little quirks that I'm sure I've seen mentioned a million times before.

1. Changing gear, going from 5th to 6th is a little notchy, in fact, changing to any gear, you certainly need to put a bit of effort into changing and defimitrly something I'll need to get used to if I want to change quickly. You can hear the clunk as well sometimes at low speed coming from the back of the car when changing gear.

2. The clutch, I really need to concentrate on getting the low speed, low gear changes right, for example 1st to 2nd, otherwise it hops the car a little. Is this what the Steeda spring helps with? The dealer commented on this on the test drive last year before I got behind the wheel, recommended changing at a little higher rpm, around 2000+, as it seems to help.
The clutch spring makes the clutch more linear rather than lighter. Some have no problem with the stock spring but I believe most on here have swapped to the Steeda spring and much prefer the feel. Give it a while to see if you get used to it and if not swap out the spring.

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Kangaroo petrol?

Sorry, when I said the Steeda spring, I meant the clutch spring that lightens the clutch pedal. Thought a lighter clutch peddle might make it easier, I'll just have to change up a bit more. All part of the lovable quirks of driving a Mustang :thumbsup:
ah thought you were on about the car jittering not the clutch, guy on fb suffers from kangaroo petro but that's because he drives like a tool (starts in 2nd, 5th at 20, 6th at 35), so the car labours and chokes. But kangaroo petrol is basically when the car feels like it's juddering before stalling but doesn't stall.

simonp83

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Simon
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT S550
I normally go to second at about 1500. I think the annoying arrow on my dashboard demands I change to 6th when I hit 40. I do think the only cure for it though is lots more driving and getting used to it.

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
I normally go to second at about 1500. I think the annoying arrow on my dashboard demands I change to 6th when I hit 40. I do think the only cure for it though is lots more driving and getting used to it.
1-2:Redline
2-3:redline
3-4: redlinEEEE
4-5: REDLINEEEE
5-6: RRRREEEEDDDDLINEEEEE

You'll get used to both of them, I've never had an issue with the clutch personally.

Leeroy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Vehicle(s)
Mach1 FJG manual/'65 289 Coupe
Fit the Steeda spring - it transforms the clutch feel and you'll have no more fluffed changes! It does nothing to the weight of the clutch - what it does is provide a more smooth return on the pedal rather than a very sharp middle movement portion:thumbsup:

Sponsored

simonp83

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Simon
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT S550
I might look into it then.

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Finished this ...

SteveS

...Bon Scott Land...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Did you do it by hand? Looks good.
Yeh, the black and green outsides were done with rattle cans, wolf and wording by hand, bit of a fiddly bastard.

sunny

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sunny
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Black on Black
Talking of grille badges, these arrived the other day...

They came with a little mini emblem as well. Just 22 squid each!

34896015901_220f46eb08_z.jpg
Sponsored