This is a Thing Now?

ahl395

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2006 Infiniti G35X
I was a member here before owning a mustang, but I was planning to buy it.

Aside from that, if you've already moved on I agree, what is the purpose of being active on a forum for a car you don't own or plan to own?

None2Slow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium, Performance package
Now what about lurking around on a site you were very active on, pop in once in a while and after 13+ years, your still looking to maybe buy a car like that again?

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
I still go to the Camaro and SRT-4 forums once in a while. I liked both cars enough to buy them. And enjoyed both cars while I owned them. Especially the neon! Just because I have moved on. Doesn't mean I have to forget about them completely.

Sponsored

Bang Stang

Chicks love the BangStang
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Sublime Hellcat Challenger 6m
Yeah, I’m not in my 20’s and subsequently not amongst the new generation of forum dwellers. But…as the generation who invented forums, I feel that I can say this without much remorse; why the hell do people who are no longer part of a specific forum content still scratch around on them?

For example, you had a Mustang, became a member of a Mustang forum, and then sold it last year to buy another car, yet you still check the Mustang forums. That in itself, maybe I could understand. You make friends; you want to keep up with the latest, okay – understandable. BUT…to go on these forums, make comments almost bragging about how much better your new car is than your previous car? It’s borderline narcissistic. What, you want to sell the idea to others so they can join you? That’s not creepy at all.

There are PLENTY of non-specific car forums where you can get off making apples to oranges comparisons on how much faster your ZL1 or Hellcat is compared to your CAI and axle-back Mustang was. Just make sure you toss the Kleenex when you’re done.
Well I did have a Mustang, I did join the forum, I did sell the Mustang and I did buy a Hellcat. I also came back to the site to sell a Pedalmax I no longer needed. Then I thought to myself why dont I share my new car with other fellow car lovers on the site and say thanks for all the great info I got while being a member on this site. Im not narcissistic I just wanted to share my enthusiasm for my Hellcat with other car lovers and get some feedback on my purchase. But just like I can post about my new car, you can post about not understanding why others do what they do. The world is full of people that are gonna do things you dont understand or like. Get used to it, no point in complaining about it. So if you dont like a post just dont click on it. Simple as that. That way you wont need the Kleenex either. By the way my Hellcat is way faster than the mustang.

thehunterooo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Corvette
LOL I was just thinking this the other day. Yes we know the new car is great and better than the Mustang. Yes we know the 5.0 makes no power. If I wanted to read this in every thread I would just go to Camaro6 and read about how I bought the wrong car and then cry in a corner. Hopefully the Mustang wins the sales battle this month or else I'll cry some more and wonder where I went wrong #fleetsales

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt/cs auto 3:55 gears
Vehicle Showcase
i got it , when my Ford Gt gets delivered next month I'm gonna go to the forums of every muscle car I've ever owned and tell them how much fun I'm having with my 215 mph supercar, and how easy it will be to get women!

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT
Yikes! No offense to anyone, but this whole forum is a hostile environment. If you say one thing somebody doesn't like, your name is now mud. They will run you over like roadkill. I know it's the same in other forums, but the way people treat other people is cancer these days. It's destroying people's lives, destroying this world, and breeding hatred.

Since when can somebody not be happy for someone else? Also, since when does someone feel the need to make others jealous/envious just to feel better about themselves. It's sickening.

Not gonna lie, when I first saw the title of this post, I thought for sure it was about the new fashion trend rompers for men. Boy was I wrong.

lemers

Globetrotter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Yikes! No offense to anyone, but this whole forum is a hostile environment. If you say one thing somebody doesn't like, your name is now mud. They will run you over like roadkill. I know it's the same in other forums, but the way people treat other people is cancer these days. It's destroying people's lives, destroying this world, and breeding hatred.

Since when can somebody not be happy for someone else? Also, since when does someone feel the need to make others jealous/envious just to feel better about themselves. It's sickening.

Not gonna lie, when I first saw the title of this post, I thought for sure it was about the new fashion trend rompers for men. Boy was I wrong.
That's not a trend, that's just silly man-children trying to be shocking.

Reactions: Ebm

Sponsored
OP
OP
Binfordtools

Binfordtools

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GTPP
That's not a trend, that's just silly man-children trying to be shocking.
Agree. There seems to be a lot of HUGE b***s on keyboards. Guessing the ratio drops drastically standing eye-to-eye. Car guys are passionate that's for sure.

BarefooTonka

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
AJ
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
This is one of the main reasons I shy away from social media nowadays everyone is a narcissist. When I was on 6thgen the civic Si forum it was everyone giving experiences, issues, and helping each other... "memeber? I member..."

I do get a lot of great information on this forum to help my build (from reviews/installs/sound clips), just try to keep away from the trolling

jtmat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vert turbo!!!!
Well I did have a Mustang, I did join the forum, I did sell the Mustang and I did buy a Hellcat. I also came back to the site to sell a Pedalmax I no longer needed. Then I thought to myself why dont I share my new car with other fellow car lovers on the site and say thanks for all the great info I got while being a member on this site. Im not narcissistic I just wanted to share my enthusiasm for my Hellcat with other car lovers and get some feedback on my purchase. But just like I can post about my new car, you can post about not understanding why others do what they do. The world is full of people that are gonna do things you dont understand or like. Get used to it, no point in complaining about it. So if you dont like a post just dont click on it. Simple as that. That way you wont need the Kleenex either. By the way my Hellcat is way faster than the mustang.
When I was looking for cars, I never even looked that way... they look really plain to me... and huge. A bigger engine does not help...

I should call ThePill down here... ha, ha, ha....

You should share your car at the crocheting meetup... sure they will like it... maybe they will make you some seat covers. https://www.meetup.com/topics/crocheting/

Nice though, glad you are happy with your car, that is all that matters.

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
Yeah its like trading a stang in on new prius then coming back and bragging about how much better the gas mileage is!
My Mustang GLADLY burning the fuel your Prius is saving! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

jtmat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vert turbo!!!!

NC? Gezz... maybe you are in the banking industry from Charlotte... you should discuss this with your therapist. :lol:

EBM and MUD... three letters...

Joking around... I think you should relax... most people kid around... every now and again someone will be serious... I've had that happen twice on this forum and I spoke to the people in PM (keep the thread from being locked). No biggie. Other times, I ignored them (like when talking about catch cans, tunes, or intercoolers and people get really pissed off when I don't agree with them...). They eventually cool down and move on...

You should get a pair of rompers and plow the field wearing them.... :ninja:
Sponsored

Reactions: Ebm