Sponsored

Official: 2018 Ford Mustang Refresh Detailed! (Options/Features, Specs, Photos, Info)

gixxersixxerman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
2020 GR Supra
I saw the "ECU Lock" thing a month or two ago.. but the car isnt even out yet, how do they know the ECU is locked lol
Sponsored

HISSMAN

Large Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford White GT/PP Premium
I remember....the first 2011 Coyotes and tunes.

#8 cylinders going up in flames left and right. Short-block sales through the roof.

Do the 2015-2017 Coyotes have cylinder-head coolant flow from bank-to-bank at the back of the engine?

Nope.

GTRacerX.

The Masked Racer
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rex
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT Premium PP
2017 Ford Mustang GT Decision

as per info.. new 2018 are not open for tuning.
Then I am glad I purchased a 2017 with more aftermarket parts and tuning options - Plus the added HP & TQ that goes with that.

Mustang1348

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT
Then I am glad I purchased a 2017 with more aftermarket parts and tuning options - Plus the added HP & TQ that goes with that.

Reminds me of this scene:

The car isn't even out yet. Of course there isn't aftermarket options for it yet. The Mustang is the most modded car there is. Just give it a little time so the different aftermarket companies can get their hands on the 2018 to tweak it

gary92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The car isn't even out yet. Of course there isn't aftermarket options for it yet. The Mustang is the most modded car there is. Just give it a little time so the different aftermarket companies can get their hands on the 2018 to tweak it
exactly. you guys dumb enough to believe the 2018 will never have aftermarket options? lmao :lol:

Sponsored

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
exactly. you guys dumb enough to believe the 2018 will never have aftermarket options? lmao :lol:
No one said that.

We're talking about the fact that the ECUs are supposed to be locked/encrypted, so tuning can't be done.

Pay attention son.

my03mach1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Subaru BRZ, 2017 Ford Fiesta ST
No one said that.

We're talking about the fact that the ECUs are supposed to be locked/encrypted, so tuning can't be done.

Pay attention son.
Where has this been officially stated? I can't find anything about it. It's a new engine, so of course it's going to take some time to figure things out but I don't see anywhere about the ECU being locked.

Kevin08

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
19GT
Where has this been officially stated? I can't find anything about it. It's a new engine, so of course it's going to take some time to figure things out but I don't see anywhere about the ECU being locked.
It hasn't been. People are just trying to grab at more shit to discredit the 2018 with.

First it was "it's probably not going to be faster lulz"

<4 sec 0-60

"Okay well it'll probably be locked in at 93 octane"

"Can't tune it tho!"

Cycle will continue until all facts are out.

GTRacerX.

The Masked Racer
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rex
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT Premium PP
Reading Comprehension

No one said that.

Pay attention son.
Is optional these days in school. :lol:

Besides new engine & auto transmission - if any mods can be done the aftermarket will take time to catch up. ;)

Sponsored

HISSMAN

Large Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford White GT/PP Premium
I make joke..

Lucky13Cat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1 Purple
Exhaust Sounds awesome! :love:I was hoping for 470+ but that doesn't matter with th car being under 4 seconds to 60. Drag mode sounds perfected for hooking up which my '13 3.73 car only rarely does even with 275 MPSS. Not sure if I can pull the trigger on any of the colors offerred though knowing the '19 might have a couple new ones. 12.2 sec quarter??????:cheers:

Mustang1348

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT
It hasn't been. People are just trying to grab at more shit to discredit the 2018 with.

First it was "it's probably not going to be faster lulz"

<4 sec 0-60

"Okay well it'll probably be locked in at 93 octane"

"Can't tune it tho!"

Cycle will continue until all facts are out.
Lol yep exactly. A lot of people who bought the 2017 are just gonna be jelly to see the 2018 being better. I think it's good. Newer cars should be better

JonEcoyote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jon
Vehicle(s)
2011,13 Mustang GTs
No one said that.

Pay attention son.
Fake news, I've already heard from some of the best tuners for Ford's that this won't pose any problems

gixxersixxerman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
2020 GR Supra
It would surprise me if Intakes, full exhausts wouldn't be able to bolt on. Most likely would be the same. its a refresh not a redesign. Now with the new DI and all, maybe intake mani's might be different but i doubt it. tuning will be out shortly after the car is released. so only thing I could see as being different is the intake manifold. but it shouldn't be, so most likely superchargers and all will bolt on just fine. Until then I'm surprised at all the its this and that since the car isn't in anyone's hands yet.
Sponsored