Sponsored

Possible Crash Cover Up: SHELBY GT350

firestarter2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RR G350 Track
Think the car is shaking itself apart?
I have the same gap after 1500 miles. It was not there when I picked up the car.

Im not sure how a car in 2016 has panels that dont align I have never seen or even heard of this with another car. Pretty basic stuff to get right.

That being said its not that bad.

Just noticed my stripes are misaligned from the front of the car to the hood.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Mike02z

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Explorer Platinum
I guess I got lucky, my gap is not too bad and my paint did not have the defect.

I paid substantially more for my C7 and it had all sorts of QC issues. Not saying it's OK for Ford but all manufacturers seem to have some QC issues.
DSC_0005_zpsvolmnwvh.jpg

5.0 435

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
.07 Shelby SGT #0016 ...18 GT PP1 manual
I guess I got lucky, my gap is not too bad and my paint did not have the defect.

I paid substantially more for my C7 and it had all sorts of QC issues. Not saying it's OK for Ford but all manufacturers seem to have some QC issues.
Take a close up shot and you will see the gap is slightly bigger near the tail light. I had a 13 boss and it had the same gaps. It's on all mustangs to a degree. On a black car you don't notice the tabs. I'm fine with the gap and nobody notices unless you point it out.

Mike02z

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Explorer Platinum
Take a close up shot and you will see the gap is slightly bigger near the tail light. I had a 13 boss and it had the same gaps. It's on all mustangs to a degree. On a black car you don't notice the tabs. I'm fine with the gap and nobody notices unless you point it out.
Yes, it's not perfect but it's much better than some other cars I have seen. I'm guessing mine will sag more eventually. I'm at about 1800 miles.

5.0 435

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
.07 Shelby SGT #0016 ...18 GT PP1 manual
I was @ a local dealer and all 15 mustangs had the gap situation. Some a little more then others. I can live with it unless Ford comes up with a solution to tighten the bumper 1/16". My 13 boss gap after 3 years didn't get any larger. If the gap stays the same I'm good.

Sponsored

OP
OP

8WOOD

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
So to update this thread. I just picked up a new truck from Ford. The dealer had like 10 GT350s. All of them but 2 had the gaps in the rear. I guess Flat Rock QC is just accepting this. I wish I could fire them for Ford. My new Raptors panels are very good, not perfect but they are within an acceptable Margin when compared to other manufactures. Flat rock needs to take note from deabrons F-150 plant.

I actually feel I got lucky! My panels aren't as bad as some of the late 2017 models I saw this weekend. The bumper gaps are the only thing that bug me on my car

Essex Wire

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT350 Tech Pkg
That's great, but just wait until your A/C fails -- like mine and many others. You won't like that about the car either. And be sure to check your oil level at every fuel stop -- this is the only car I've ever owned where you really have to heed that warning in the manual.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
First thought, it may have been damaged in transit or during offload at the dealership. If this is the case I could see a dealer trying to cover it up.
Thank you for pointing this out. Adding it to my check list when I go to pick up mine.
Dealers are allowed to make repairs. The amount and need to notify buyers varies by local law.

johnny1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Had new a 16 GT350 and 17 GT350
Don't believe it varies by local law. GM as same as Ford (and probably all other car manufactures) as long as unit has not been sold can do what ever repairs necessary and it not be disclosed or show up on any car reports. Its wrong but already been there.

wilkinda65

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2020 Charger ScatPackWB
Don't believe it varies by local law. GM as same as Ford (and probably all other car manufactures) as long as unit has not been sold can do what ever repairs necessary and it not be disclosed or show up on any car reports. Its wrong but already been there.
You sir are correct. It's wrong in my opinion but they can do it.
Sponsored