A/C Evaporator Factory Defect

BeauxXL1200

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ralph
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP Ruby Red
Wow that's a robust evap u got. I thought most southern cars break their core way before that long
Yeah. I guess it held up a good while for as much as I use the AC down here.

Given this is the first issue I've had with her, I'm not gonna bad mouth Ford too much. :cheers:
Sponsored

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
Just got back from Auto Zone with a bottle of recharge gas. Gonna give it a try.

Do you guys know where the AC low pressure valve for recharging is located?

Thanks. :cheers:

Update: Found the valve/port and got it recharged. It's blowing cold again. Hope it keeps a charge, at least for a while.
How much pressure did you give it on the low side? I take it you got one of those recharge kits with the built in pressure gauge.

89Trooper

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I'm gonna call my dealer and ask if the evaporators are on back order. I'm not too keen leaving my car with them while they wait on an evaporator to come in.
Why are dealers keeping cars? Mine went in on a Saturday. They diagnosed it as the evap core. They ordered it and I left with the car. Then I scheduled a time to do it when I knew they'd have the part.

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
Why are dealers keeping cars? Mine went in on a Saturday. They diagnosed it as the evap core. They ordered it and I left with the car. Then I scheduled a time to do it when I knew they'd have the part.
So the mechanics can joy ride them? :shrug: ;)

BeauxXL1200

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ralph
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP Ruby Red
That's good to know, Tom. That's what I want to do. :cheers:

Sponsored

plc268

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium Race Red
Beats me. They kept my car (back in february '17) when my compressor went out for two weeks. Was easy to diagnose, but their excuse was that they had the car taken apart. Of course the part was on backorder. :doh:

Now, my evaporator went out, and I'm going to make it clear that I don't want to be driving a rental for two weeks. I can sweat my ass off for a little while if that's what it takes.

TC_Dave

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
I did too. I went straight to My GMC Dealer and bought a Brand New Sierra 1500 SLT Premium Plus 4x4. I got out before the resale went to crap on my car. Plus GMC was offering over $10,000 off the Truck. No more Ford products for me. I'm done! My next sports car will be a Grand Sport Corvette.
FYI - GM has nation wide back orders on condensers for the 1500 Silverado and Sierra 2015 and newer. Have a local friend here in MN who has not had A/C in his truck since April. Still has no A/C as of last weekend.

Being I grew up in Michigan, my best friend from high school works at the GM proving grounds in Milford as a dyne tech, and in the past I have had him at least help me find parts that were hard to get (their parts department can pretty much get their hands on anything within GM's inventory).

The response from his parts guy "They are on INTERGALACTIC BACKORDER until late August". When we last checked in June, there were 17,000+ people waiting on condensers.

chriswolf63

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2017 GMC SLT Premium Plus 4x4
FYI - GM has nation wide back orders on condensers for the 1500 Silverado and Sierra 2015 and newer. Have a local friend here in MN who has not had A/C in his truck since April. Still has no A/C as of last weekend.

Being I grew up in Michigan, my best friend from high school works at the GM proving grounds in Milford as a dyne tech, and in the past I have had him at least help me find parts that were hard to get (their parts department can pretty much get their hands on anything within GM's inventory).

The response from his parts guy "They are on INTERGALACTIC BACKORDER until late August". When we last checked in June, there were 17,000+ people waiting on condensers.
That's just my luck. What is it with all of these A/C problems. Is it one vendor making them for multiple vehicles? Kinda like the Takata Air Bag issues I guess..... I'd rather deal with a condenser coil than an evaporator. At least the dash won't need to be yanked for that fix action.

plc268

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium Race Red
That's just my luck. What is it with all of these A/C problems. Is it one vendor making them for multiple vehicles? Kinda like the Takata Air Bag issues I guess..... I'd rather deal with a condenser coil than an evaporator. At least the dash won't need to be yanked for that fix action.
You'd think there would be more news about this kind of stuff. You'd think that by now, manufacturers would have this kind of stuff figured out, but I guess not. Hell, I'm surprised there isn't more of an environmental concern with all of the refrigerant leaking out.

Guard 15 GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
A/C quit blowing cold air in my 2015 GT with 9,700 miles. Took it in to the dealership and it was the evaporator. Add another to the list...

Sponsored

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
A 2017 miraculous little beast
A/C quit blowing cold air in my 2015 GT with 9,700 miles. Took it in to the dealership and it was the evaporator. Add another to the list...
I think all 2015+ Mustangs will eventually fall into this list. The a/c will stop working sooner or later, depending on where you live and how hot or cold the climate is. Hotter climates / higher ambient temperatures will kill the a/c faster as it is used more than in colder climates... :frusty:

berserker_sid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Guard GT premium
I think all 2015+ Mustangs will eventually fall into this list. The a/c will stop working sooner or later, depending on where you live and how hot or cold the climate is. Hotter climates / higher ambient temperatures will kill the a/c faster as it is used more than in colder climates... :frusty:
not all..

the manufacturer was changed somewhere late 2016 . SO few builds might see new design.

BUt again we have had many revisions and Y one is supposed to be on for sometime like a final build hopefully.

So fingers crossed

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
A 2017 miraculous little beast
Mine is a 2017 MY, although it was built in June 2016 and my a/c died. So hopefully yes, maybe those cars that were built later in 2016 or in 2017 don't have this issue.

berserker_sid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Guard GT premium
update on my car: service found less freon gas. and then filled it. they did vacuum test and the gas holds. They are now moving to secondary diagnosis for the issue.
Evap core is still a possibility.
Sponsored