Sponsored

2019 GT500 Mustang New Spy Video, Pics, Info

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra
Ford should've actually used their patented SuperCooler design that was seen in the 2004 Ford Lightning Concept. Sucks that Dodge put it to market on the Demon first.

http://www.blueovaltrucks.com/resources/2004_lightning_concept.htm
Would have been great if Ford gave it the attention it deserved. Nothing beats a factory engineered system.

But the aftermarket kicked in for the Terminators with the Killer Chiller.

http://www.lethalperformance.com/ford-svt-cobra-terminator/03-04-svt-cobra/cooling/killer-chiller

Dodge just ripped them off.

But... at least it's factory.
Sponsored

Voo Doo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ric
Vehicle(s)
2019 BULLITT DHG

gearhead2685

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang
Going to laugh when motortrend is right and the threads here kept getting locked or closed because no one wants to beleive the GT500 would be less than 700hp.

680hp/630 is more hp than ZL1 but less than hellcat obviously.

a little bit under 700hp seems reasonable considering at best ford will "only" have a 5.2 with a blower to work with.

While GM and Dodge are both over 6 liters. (sorry people sooner or later cubes do matter lol)

Can Ford make a car thats over 700hp sure. Is it likely? meh its about 50/50 chance imo.

Sure seems like Ford is dragging ass though because they dont have an engine to compete in the HP wars. Unless its something totally new.

Basically i wont get my hope up until specs are released.

legendary mustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 mustang gt
Going to laugh when motortrend is right and the threads here kept getting locked or closed because no one wants to beleive the GT500 would be less than 700hp.

a little bit under 700hp seems reasonable considering at best ford will "only" have a 5.2 with a blower to work with.

While GM and Dodge are both over 6 liters. (sorry people sooner or later cubes do matter lol)

Can Ford make a car thats over 700hp sure. Is it likely? meh its about 50/50 chance imo.

Sure seems like Ford is dragging ass though because they dont have an engine to compete in the HP wars. Unless its something totally new.

i think the 680hp car will be a different model that will destroy the zl1.the GT500 will be for the fat cat and MAYBE something else.:cheers:
:ford::lol:

StangFever2846

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mach 1
Would have been great if Ford gave it the attention it deserved. Nothing beats a factory engineered system.

But the aftermarket kicked in for the Terminators with the Killer Chiller.

http://www.lethalperformance.com/ford-svt-cobra-terminator/03-04-svt-cobra/cooling/killer-chiller

Dodge just ripped them off.

But... at least it's factory.
Yeah at least the aftermarket came through. Sucks that Ford keeps coming out with awesome ideas/concepts and just fails to put them to production. The FR500 dual inlet concept intake manifold and the E85 system on the Super Stallion come to mind.

Sponsored

Erik427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1979 Mustang

The quoted hp number is believable.
The S550 Mustang does not have enough frontal area for cooling unless we end up with one very ugly front end (Camaro).
The more hp that is made comes with equal heat generated.
Then comes the catalytic converters melting. This means that a Ecoboost four cylinder style heads must be used to cool the exhaust temps.
So if Ford wants to push the hp envelope past 700, new heads for the Coyote/Voodoo might be in the works.
But this is just speculation........

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Love the desktop Vehicle Chief Engineers here :popcorn:

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
This must the SNL version of the Ford Powertrain Engineering Program. :cheers:
There is a 50/50 chance of it being an SNL version of the Ford Powertrain Engineering Program or the Keyboard Comedian Association.

Sponsored

Erik427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1979 Mustang
This must the SNL version of the Ford Powertrain Engineering Program. :cheers:
Better hope for more that a mere 15hp gain for the N/A Coyote.
Anything less than 700hp for the "GT500" might prove to be a mistake.
Mopar is well over 800hp....

Erik427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1979 Mustang
F150 hp bump is less for the gen3 5.0 coyote....... those figures are already out.
Although I'm pleased with the power numbers.
They are not class leading when it comes to Pony Cars.
Not class leading in the world of 5.0 liter V-8s.
I do suspect that Ford might be sand bagging a little. Sub 4 second times leave the hp in question.
I'm saying 480hp might be more like it.
I'm really hoping for 800+hp out of the "GT500".

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
You know what id rather see ford do than bump HP in a 5.0? Put a darn billit OPG in there. If im buying a 5.0 im gonna dump a super charger on it anyway. Just make it stout enough to handle the 650 HP.

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra
The F150 power numbers are strategic for CAFE (due to volume) and to push to eco 6.

Wish it wasn't so, but it is. The 5.0 was held back. It would have been ridiculous to not allow it to gain any power with the new fuel delivery setup. So @ 10 on each side suffices.

Literally Nothing can be determined concerning the Mustang from what Ford is doing with the F series.
Sponsored